Thank you for the great forum, Safe Driving over the weekend. Sincerely Jason
Sign in to follow this  
Ingo

Earth Leakage Breakers?

Posted (edited)

I have a few old, discontinued, CBI EL breakers that is starting to fail. They are DIN rail and the current replacement part is the QF14CD units which works great but is pricey.

What is considered to be a high quality EL unit these days? Hager and ABB are both cheaper than the CBI unit and takes less space so it's something I am considering. Any other suggestions I can evaluate?

*63A, 30mA, 2P, No Overload.

Ingo

Edited by Ingo

12 minutes ago, Ingo said:

Hager and ABB

Both are great. Lately I work with  Schneider's din rail series a lot. They are well priced.    

Chint and Gewiss also offer good quality din breakers. 

Thanks. Just a note on Gewiss: I am sure their kit works well but have a Contactor from them and over the years it turned yellowish - looks a bit odd now among the other white breakers 🤔

1 hour ago, Ingo said:

I am sure their kit works well but have a Contactor from them and over the years it turned yellowish

The Gewiss I have bought before, comes in a Cream/yellowish colour, almost like you explain, are you sure what you see is discolouration.. 

3 hours ago, Ingo said:

but is pricey

I'm told Lear is a possible replacement for CBI if price is an issue.. I have a couple of Lear breakers here and they seem better than the AC/DC budget crap, but I don't know much more than that.

14 minutes ago, plonkster said:

I'm told Lear is a possible replacement for CBI if price is an issue.. I have a couple of Lear breakers here and they seem better than the AC/DC budget crap, but I don't know much more than that.

Tyd sal Lear 🤣

4 hours ago, Jaco de Jongh said:

The Gewiss I have bought before, comes in a Cream/yellowish colour, almost like you explain, are you sure what you see is discolouration.. 

Yip. It's about 10 years old and started out white and now it's a yellowish tint that stands out from the rest. That said, right next to it is a 24V transformer also from Gewiss and that one is still fine. Could be a manufacturing process with the plastic used in a certain batch of Contactors.