Firmware Update 5KW iii

Henry2501

• 5 weeks later...

Hi

My WKS EVO 2 seem to be a Axpert VMIII

My CPU is 41.03

Secondary CPU is 02.00

Secondary Bluetooth 00.21

Do you think it's good idea to upgrade with the 41.17 as you you can find in the link above ?

This firmware is good for to use with Li-Ion battery ?

Thanks for all

On 2021/07/27 at 4:23 AM, bib60 said:

Hi

My WKS EVO 2 seem to be a Axpert VMIII

My CPU is 41.03

Secondary CPU is 02.00

Secondary Bluetooth 00.21

Do you think it's good idea to upgrade with the 41.17 as you you can find in the link above ?

This firmware is good for to use with Li-Ion battery ?

Thanks for all

You can upgrade to 41.17, i personally have upgraded to the same and its working perfectly fine.

• 3 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, Ros said:

Do you know if it is possible to connect US3000 and AGM batteries to the same Axpert VMIII unit so that US3000 is used on a daily basis and AGM is only used as a backup power in case the grid goes out?

No. Mixing battery types like that is not recommended at all. US3000 is good for daily use and backup. No need to have other types of batteries connected. 

• 2 weeks later...
9.02.2021 o 11:25 Shadders powiedział:

Patrząc na https://www.ostrovni-arny.cz/support/Axpert/FW/ najnowsze oprogramowanie, widzę, że wersja VMIII jest elektro jako 91.20, co bardzo różni się od oprogramowania 41.16 powyżej. Czy ktoś ma na wytłumaczenie?

Witam 

Powiedzcie mi Panowie jak to zainstalować ? pobrałem plik rar teraz co mam zrobić na podrwiwa zrobić inwentera pod usb ?

9.02.2021 o 11:25 Shadders powiedział:

Patrząc na https://www.ostrovni-arny.cz/support/Axpert/FW/ najnowsze oprogramowanie, widzę, że wersja VMIII jest elektro jako 91.20, co bardzo różni się od oprogramowania 41.16 powyżej. Czy ktoś ma na wytłumaczenie?

18.06.2021 o 15:52 Tariq Bugti powiedział:

Nie udało się stworzyć urządzenia. W przypadku mojego konta muzycznego izolująca była informacja, że niepowodzenia sytuacji.

Masz rację z przyjemnością informuję, że mój problem został poprawiony, sprawdziłem jego transoptory i jeden z nich był. Zrobiłem do dziś nie, teraz, gdy Ty również podzieliłeś się naprawianiem sprawianie problemu poprzez zmianę optos. 

Mój operator działa teraz, gdy jest jest układem, układem dobrze aktualna jak i zawsze.

Bardzo dziękuję za nieustanną odpowiedź i pomoc. :) 

Mam, że tenątek pomoże Ci tym, który zmagają się z tym samym w.

opto.jpg

układ optyczny.jpg

26.06.2021 o 16:14 Ros powiedziała:

- Ile jednostki Pylontech US3000. Mogę Pytanie do Axperta III?

Witam Powiem tak, aby jakiś cudem, metoda prób i błędów po 100 próbach jakoś połączyło się. Zainstalowałem 41.17 nie chodziło o to, czy chodziło o to, co dzieje się z chwilą, czy chodzi o to? Mam gorszy problem moje wifi, które zakupiłem do tego inwentury, inwentur wo gule go nie widzi może to też tego wina tego Transoptera ?

On 18.06.2021 at 15:52, Tariq Bugti said:

Nie udało się zaktualizować głównego oprogramowania układowego za pośrednictwem innego panelu wyświetlacza (w tym płyty izolacyjnej), który działał poprawnie. W przypadku mojego falownika płytka izolująca była przyczyną niepowodzenia aktualizacji oprogramowania układowego.

Masz rację i z przyjemnością informuję, że mój problem został rozwiązany, sprawdziłem jego transoptory i jeden z nich był uszkodzony, wymieniłem go na nowy i falownik wrócił do życia. Zrobiłem to dziś wcześniej, teraz, gdy Ty również podzieliłeś się naprawianiem podobnego problemu poprzez zmianę optos. 

Mój falownik działa teraz dobrze, zaktualizowanym oprogramowaniem układowym zarówno głównym, jak i wyświetlacza.

Bardzo dziękuję za nieustanne odpowiedzi i pomoc. :) 

Mam nadzieję, że ten wątek pomoże tym, którzy zmagają się z tym samym problemem.

opto.jpg

łącznik optyczny.jpg

Panowie czy u Was działa wifi podłączane portem RS232 ?

u mnie po podłączeniu nic się nie dzieje może ktoś wie co z tym zrobić ?

On 2021/08/27 at 8:12 PM, Piotr gruszkowski said:

Witam 

Powiedzcie mi Panowie jak to zainstalować ? pobrałem plik rar teraz co mam zrobić na podrwiwa zrobić inwentera pod usb ?

Translated to English:
"Hello

Tell me gentlemen how to install it? I downloaded the rar file now what should I do on the subframe to make an inverter under usb?"

You will need software to "unzip" the rar file. 7-Zip for Windows (you need a Windows computer anyway) is free and can do this.

Follow the instructions here: https://forums.aeva.asn.au/viewtopic.php?title=pip4048ms-inverter&p=64096&t=4332#p64096

7 hours ago, Piotr gruszkowski said:

Panowie czy u Was działa wifi podłączane portem RS232 ?

u mnie po podłączeniu nic się nie dzieje może ktoś wie co z tym zrobić ?

Google translation:

"Gentlemen, do you work with wifi connected via RS232 port?

After connecting, nothing happens for me, maybe someone knows what to do with it?"

I don't use Wifi for RS-232, so I'll leave that to others.

I'm having extreme difficulty understanding your second post. I assume that you successfully installed firmware version 41.17? This seems to be the latest firmware available for Axpert VM III models (but not Axpert MKS III models; the title of this topic is ambiguous).

Hi all!

After reading up on the firmware update, i decided to take the plunge today as the fan on my VM iii was on 24/7 and the warning 69 came up whenever the batteries were full. 

Tried first 41.17 using USB to micro to connect, gave a 'read error'. Tried several times more, but still same error. Also tried the 91.20 which sometimes started to install but sooner or later got another read, write or UPS firmware data error. Inverter meanwhile is giving warning 32 and doesn't want to come on. 

This system has 3 pylontech 2500c batteries, 5 x 395W panels and the VM iii. 

Does anyone have a clue what is going wrong and/or how to fix it. At this point just restoring to factory setting would be great. 

I've added some pics of the errors and the original firmware. It seems like u1 was on 47.00 which I have not seen anywhere else? Does this make any sense to anyone? 

Tomorrow I'll try using the connector that came with the inverter (USB-RS232) if i can find a dongle to USB somewhere. Was there another method using a USB stick? Is there a manual somewhere that explains that process? Is there somewhere i can get firmware 47.00 to restore it back to factory settings?

IMG-20210903-WA0002.jpg

IMG-20210903-WA0003 (1).jpg

IMG-20210903-WA0004.jpg

IMG-20210903-WA0005.jpg

IMG-20210903-WA0001.jpg

17 hours ago, Pepnponcho said:

After reading up on the firmware update, i decided to take the plunge today as the fan on my VM iii was on 24/7 and the warning 69 came up whenever the batteries were full. 

I don't know why people are so worried about warning 69. It's basically saying "warning: your battery is full, I can't charge it any more, the BMS has said no more charging". Warning 69 has been removed in the latest removable display firmware, probably because it causes such confusion and needless worry.

The next problem is that I can't even figure out what model you have there. The reseller has been unhelpful with the model name: "Inverter VM III". We've been assuming that it's an Axpert VM III, but it's recently manufactured (2021 05), and there is now such a thing as an Axpert MKS III, which is an MKS II with a removable display. These are very different internally. The fan being on continuously makes it sound more likely to be a VM III though. I don't know much about the MKS II, and even less about the MKS III, so I have no idea what the fan behaviour is like for those models.

It also doesn't help that Voltronic's firmware version numbers are all over the place, and that they don't document what firmware is for what hardware.

So you're on the bleeding edge here.

17 hours ago, Pepnponcho said:

Tried first 41.17 using USB to micro to connect, gave a 'read error'.

Can you explain exactly what you did? Did you use an on-the-go cable? Plugged it into the left port (marked with USB and two arrows)? FAT-32 format? Copied just VM3.hex to the root folder?

Did you get a paper manual with the inverter? Does it mention a .hex file?

If you did all this right and it doesn't work, this is an indication (not really definitive because so many things could go wrong) that you don't have a VM III.

Tried several times more, but still same error. Also tried the 91.20 which sometimes started to install but sooner or later got another read, write or UPS firmware data error. Inverter meanwhile is giving warning 32 and doesn't want to come on. 

Starting but not finishing suggests a problem with the removable display. Voltronic have a habit of using marginal opto-couplers, which work acceptably at 2400 bps for the commands, but don't work reliably at 9600 bps for firmware updates. So it might be possible to borrow a removable display, or get it replaced.

Also, the firmware update program appears to be vastly different to the simple ones with the spelling errors (e.g. "frimware (sic) sucess (sic)". It might be that you need to use an older firmware update tool.

Does anyone have a clue what is going wrong and/or how to fix it. At this point just restoring to factory setting would be great. 

Unfortunately, these inverters aren't like internet routers, where there is room for two firmware images. Once firmware updating is started, it has to be completed, as one of the first steps is to completely erase the firmware (apart from one small part, the bootloader). So there is no going back.

It seems like u1 was on 47.00 which I have not seen anywhere else? Does this make any sense to anyone? 

One possibility is that it's an MKS III firmware, which is no new that no-one has a copy of it. If that's the case, it's scandalous that the firmware update process even got started.

Tomorrow I'll try using the connector that came with the inverter (USB-RS232) if i can find a dongle to USB somewhere.

? How are you doing the updates without that cable? Is this with the USB on-the-go cable after all? I thought you could not get that working?

Was there another method using a USB stick? Is there a manual somewhere that explains that process?

So now I'm completely confused about what you are doing.

The VM III manual unfortunately says "If firmware upgrade is needed, please check with your dealer or installer for detail instructions." See attachment.

I doubt that this will help, but you might get some clues for the RS-232 update process here:

Is there somewhere i can get firmware 47.00 to restore it back to factory settings?

There is nowhere online that I'm aware of. Your supplier should be able to provide a suitable firmware update file for your model. This is probably your best bet. Unfortunately, it is likely to take some time, and in the meantime, I assume that your machine isn't usable.

VM III USB fw update.png

First of all, thank you for replying to all my questions - if only the Voltronic or the shop I bought it at were 10% as helpful 🙄

15 hours ago, Coulomb said:

I don't know why people are so worried about warning 69. It's basically saying "warning: your battery is full, I can't charge it any more, the BMS has said no more charging". Warning 69 has been removed in the latest removable display firmware, probably because it causes such confusion and needless worry.

I get that but this was an installation for a client and it's not great to have to tell them to ignore a blinking sign with a warning when you just installed their system. Having said that, the main problem was the fan which was on 24/7 at the highest speed making a ton a noise. 

The next problem is that I can't even figure out what model you have there.

It's been sold to me as an Axpert VM iii by a large construction chain here in Spain (Bricomart) - https://www.bricomart.es/inversor-cargador-48v-5kva-vm-iii-axpert-10876754.html

So you're on the bleeding edge here.

😬

Can you explain exactly what you did? Did you use an on-the-go cable? Plugged it into the left port (marked with USB and two arrows)? FAT-32 format? Copied just VM3.hex to the root folder?

There is no Fat-32 format USB entrance to my machine, just a micro USB. Is there one on your machines? Therefore I used a charging cable for a mobile phone to connect the USB of my PC to the Inverter's micro USB port. Then used the reflash programme and firmware version found here: https://www.ostrovni-elektrarny.cz/support/Axpert/FW/

Since my post I tried a few other versions too (41.16, etc), none of which had any more success. The slightly weird thing is that sometimes the update starts and the tool starts counting read and write operations up to 20 or even 38 but then I get the same 'read err'. Even in the errors there is variation, sometimes it is a pop up with a 'ding' sound, other times it's just a line of text in the reflash tool. The wording can also very, it can be a read error, write error, UPS firmware data error. There is 0 consistency and I can get different combinations of the above when trying to install the exact same firmware version...

For now, I bought another machine to install at the client and the faulty one is back at the shop. We'll see if they can make some sense of it and repair it. If they do I will definitely share the solution here. 

On 2021/09/05 at 5:22 PM, Pepnponcho said:

There is no Fat-32 format USB entrance to my machine, just a micro USB. Is there one on your machines? Therefore I used a charging cable for a mobile phone to connect the USB of my PC to the Inverter's micro USB port.

Ah!

That explains a lot, except for why it appeared to do anything at all. My best guess is that random data from the USB port tricked the reflash tool into thinking that there was something responding. The good news is that therefore the customer's machine isn't bricked, as I first thought that it must have been. Please correct me if I'm wrong there :unsure:

The micro USB port on the removable display is not for reflashing from a PC; it's for flashing via a USB thumb drive / stick. But most micro USB cables have a type A male plug on the end; you need a socket to plug the USB drive into. That's called a USB on-the-go cable, for reasons not relevant to this discussion.

The other problem as @bib60 mentioned is that inexpensive phone charger cables either don't have data wires at all, or are notoriously unreliable when carrying important data (such as data for flashing an inverter).

I think you'll find that the proper methods (using USB to serial or the USB-on-the-go cable) will work much better.

But there is still the question of whether any of the available firmwares are suitable for that machine. I'm concerned about the original being version 47.00, when no other 47.xx versions have been seen.

On 2021/09/05 at 9:57 AM, bib60 said:

Take care, some USB charger Cable is not able to carry data !!!

57 minutes ago, Coulomb said:

The other problem as @bib60 mentioned is that inexpensive phone charger cables either don't have data wires at all, or are notoriously unreliable when carrying important data (such as data for flashing an inverter).

Ok well that's probably why I got different results then in my different attempts, there is some data being transferred but sooner or later it loses connection giving the data errors. 

As said it's with the shop now, see if they can make any sense of it. If they hand it back to me in the state I gave it to them I will have to try the USB on the go cable. But I will push for the store to ask their supplier to confirm what this 47.xx software is all about. It clearly doesn't sort out the fan or warning 69 issues so why is there a different version at all?

2 minutes ago, Pepnponcho said:

It clearly doesn't sort out the fan or warning 69 issues so why is there a different version at all?

Just read the release notes! Oh, wait... 😈

Perhaps I should have mentioned, the warning 69 fix is implemented in the display firmware, not the DSP firmware. The display firmware handles all the communications with the BMS via RS-485 or other cable, and actually raises the warnings associated with the BMS.

Thanks for your explanation about the customers not understanding the warning. It sounds like removing that warning altogether is the best for those sorts of customers, and probably best overall.

As for what firmware version 47.00 is all about, I have no idea, and am curious to learn about, if possible.

• 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 3 months later...