Omnipower 260ah Batteries

FRZ0n

Firstly, you need to be aware that the 260ah description is somewhat misleading.

They are 260ah @ C100.

In order to compare them to other batteries in terms of ah capacity, you need to look at the C10 and C20 rates which are:

200ah @ C10.
217ah @ C20.

If you can get them for under R5k each, that's a decent price. I would advise against buying used batteries.
A few members have burnt their fingers, and I'm pretty sure my previous batteries were used even though they were sold to me as new.

Firstly, you need to be aware that the 260ah description is somewhat misleading.

They are 260ah @ C100.

In order to compare them to other batteries in terms of ah capacity, you need to look at the C10 and C20 rates which are:

200ah @ C10.

217ah @ C20.

If you can get them for under R5k each, that's a decent price. I would advise against buying used batteries.

A few members have burnt their fingers, and I'm pretty sure my previous batteries were used even though they were sold to me as new.

I was drawn to maintenance free and the the high cycles if I only go for 20% dod.

The trojans work out cheaper but they need to be topped up.

Now I just don't know what to get

1 hour ago, viceroy said:

They are 260ah @ C100.

200ah @ C10.
217ah @ C20.

Under R5k will be hard to find. 

1 hour ago, FRZ0n said:

Jhb based. And must be brand new.

I can get you some new one @ R5204.1

3 hours ago, viceroy said:

They are 260ah @ C100.

200ah @ C10.
217ah @ C20.

Couldn't agree more there Viceroy, essentially they are 200aH units at C10, I have set my BMV702 to a 200aH battery bank to accommodate this.

• 7 months later...
40 minutes ago, Chris Rossouw said:

Guys, anyone know where I can get hold of a BMV 702 at a reasonable price?

Many thanks

I can get you one for R2120.00 ex vat, I will have to check with my suppliers if they have stock on Monday as they are closed.