Sunsynk Location dilemma

Greglsh

Hi

I am seriously looking at installing a Sunsynk 5 kw Sunsynk inverter at home. The problem is I don't know where to install it. I don't really have anywhere outside I could install it, that is not in direct sun/weather or close to the house. So basically I have the kitchen, it is quite a big kitchen so would be able to install behind the kitchen door, but I am worried about the fan noise. The only other option is a bedroom which we have converted into a games/play room. If I mount it on the wall it is about 4m from the kitchen DB through the ceiling. I have a big built in cupboard in this room and could mount it in there and maybe add an extractor fan, this would be +_ 6m from the DB board in the kitchen. The panels would basically be mounted above all of these options. I have computer equipment in this games/play room already so the fan noise should not be a big issue. 

Would it be possible, I know I am asking a lot, if someone with the 5 Kw Sunsynk could record the sound it makes when the fans are running at there worst.

Don't you have space in the garage maybe?

My Sunsynk is around 20m from the main DB. Cabling might just be a bit more but would not cause a problem. I went with 16mm2. Just check if you can get the CT clamp within the 10-12m distance.

There is some guys that added a PC fan on top of the inverter. For these you can get a slow turning one that will limit the internal fan.

Hi Luminous

The issue is all my outbuilding are separate from the house and I think too far away. My Garage is about 35m away. The extra fan might be a good option to try and keep it a bit cooler at a lower noise. Thanks for your feedback

Are you planning on adding batteries? Because they also take up quite a bit of space. I added three of these cheapie fans with a flimsy 3D printed bracket on top of mine - they are pretty quiet and I've never had the inverter's own fan come on yet. Maybe buy three of those fans and see if they are quiet enough. Other thing to keep in mind is that the inverter's own fan is likely only going to come on during the day when batteries are charging and loads are heavy.