Sunsynk 12kw 3 phase inverter (36kw)

Achmat

From the latest video from sunsynk, Keith indicates that the 12kw 3 phase inverter is available in SA. 

I haven't found any pricing online yet so interested to know what the retail price will be. 

What's also interesting is that the MPPT has been increased to 1 000v and that its 12kw per phase so a total of 36kw. This is a beast of a machine. 

@Leshenis there a manual with full specs available for this inverter yet and do you know if its available locally yet and retail pricing?

https://youtu.be/W1bPeO3fjB0

Edited by Achmat

1 hour ago, Achmat said:

From the latest video from sunsynk, Keith indicates that the 12kw 3 phase inverter is available in SA. 

I haven't found any pricing online yet so interested to know what the retail price will be. 

What's also interesting is that the MPPT has been increased to 1 000v and that its 12kw per phase so a total of 36kw. This is a beast of a machine. 

@Leshenis there a manual with full specs available for this inverter yet and do you know if its available locally yet and retail pricing?

Hi Achmat. I have the data sheet and manual. See attached data sheet. 

Three-Phase Hybrid Inverter - Datasheet.pdf

1 hour ago, Achmat said:

Are u sure it’s 12kw per phase?

8 minutes ago, Leshen said:

Are u sure it’s 12kw per phase?

The manual doesn't indicate that but if you watch the video, Keith makes it clear that it's 12kw per phase and not using the normal definition where the output is spread across the 3 phases. 

Really keen to know what they will be going for here as it can run 3 unbalanced phases so you could use it in a single phase off grid house setup and split your loads across 3 phases. 1 phase for geyser, another for plugs and the third for lights, just as an example as the loads do not have to be balanced across the 3 phases. And if Keith is to believes, that's 12kw per phase so it's like having 3 x 12kw single phase inverters. 

Edit 

Another example would be 3 separate dwellings on a small holding and feeding each unit from one of the phases. 

Edited by Achmat

26 minutes ago, Achmat said:

The manual doesn't indicate that but if you watch the video, Keith makes it clear that it's 12kw per phase and not using the normal definition where the output is spread across the 3 phases. 

Really keen to know what they will be going for here as it can run 3 unbalanced phases so you could use it in a single phase off grid house setup and split your loads across 3 phases. 1 phase for geyser, another for plugs and the third for lights, just as an example as the loads do not have to be balanced across the 3 phases. And if Keith is to believes, that's 12kw per phase so it's like having 3 x 12kw single phase inverters. 

Edit 

Another example would be 3 separate dwellings on a small holding and feeding each unit from one of the phases. 

I think Keith made a mistake. I was told by the engineers that it’s 4kw per phase with a 50% phase imbalance. So it will take 2kw from phase A to phase B which is a max of 6kw. However only time will tell as to what’s true when the inverter is out. 

2 minutes ago, Leshen said:

Yes. Max Voc is 1000V. 15kw total PV. Sunsynk is also developing a 12kw single phase inverter with 15kw PV input. Exciting times. 

I'm almost certain the current 8kw was derated by firmware as they were quick to upgrade the mppt to 22A.

Would be keen to know the rating of the actual components used as I'm sure they are over spec for the inverter but not keen to open up my inverter to see the components. I'm almost certain it was based off the sol-ark 12k single phase inverter found in the states. 

Need a tear down of the inverter like Jerry rig everything videos. 

2 minutes ago, Achmat said:

I'm almost certain the current 8kw was derated by firmware as they were quick to upgrade the mppt to 22A.

Would be keen to know the rating of the actual components used as I'm sure they are over spec for the inverter but not keen to open up my inverter to see the components. I'm almost certain it was based off the sol-ark 12k single phase inverter found in the states. 

Need a tear down of the inverter like Jerry rig everything videos. 

I was at the Sunsynk repair centre yesterday. Of the many containers that came in of the 8kw unit. There were only 3 that were faulty. These were the original units that came in SA.