Growatt inverter with Bluenova 5.2k bat

Nick Welgemoed

• 1 month later...
On 2021/09/03 at 6:56 PM, Nick Welgemoed said:

Hi there

Any one got Bms working  in above setup?

1 xGrowatt inverter and 2 x bluenova Batteries?

I am new to all of this.

20210903_111951.jpg

20210903_111929.jpg

Menu 05 of Growatt lets you select Li (Lithium) and in the submenu which enables you need to select the communication protocol. So you need to know the Blue Nova protocol for Growatt 

also make sure the RJ45 cable between BMS and inverter is connected and that you crimp the correct pin-out for your battery side if different for the normal cable. Your batt should have the pin out assignment. 

• 5 weeks later...
On 2021/10/10 at 6:55 AM, Kalito said:

Menu 05 of Growatt lets you select Li (Lithium) and in the submenu which enables you need to select the communication protocol. So you need to know the Blue Nova protocol for Growatt 

also make sure the RJ45 cable between BMS and inverter is connected and that you crimp the correct pin-out for your battery side if different for the normal cable. Your batt should have the pin out assignment. 

Do you have the Blue Nova Protocol for Growatt? 

1 minute ago, Tim003 said:

@Wozza thanks for speedy response, I'm planning on buying one from someone. How's your experience with the battery so far? Are you only using it for loadshedding backup or are you cycling it daily(or only at night)? 

Only for Loadshedding backup…it’s more than sufficient for my needs..very happy with my purchase…..

10 hours ago, Wozza said:

Only for Loadshedding backup…it’s more than sufficient for my needs..very happy with my purchase…..

I have the inverter in the original post and it absolutely hates a full lithium battery. 

It goes into error 8 if I forget to discharge the battery.  Which is solved by turning it off and on as with most electronics. 

Just now, Buyeye said:

I have the inverter in the original post and it absolutely hates a full lithium battery. 

It goes into error 8 if I forget to discharge the battery.  Which is solved by turning it off and on as with most electronics. 

That’s not good…..

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...