Sunsynk setting during loadshedding

Parrot

I would like to know if there is a setting on my Sunsynk 5kw inverter where I can “activate” my non-essential loads during loadshedding to use my panels/batteries?

Say for instance on a very hot day, during loadshedding, I want to run my aircon, is there a way around the non-essential side?

Thanks

5 hours ago, Parrot said:

I would like to know if there is a setting on my Sunsynk 5kw inverter where I can “activate” my non-essential loads during loadshedding to use my panels/batteries?

Say for instance on a very hot day, during loadshedding, I want to run my aircon, is there a way around the non-essential side?

Thanks

Hi Parrot. 

Unfortunately not. The non essential loads are shed when there is a grid failure as part of the anti islanding feature. 

What you possibly can do is to rewire the aircon circuit to the essential loads. 

7 hours ago, Parrot said:

is there a way around the non-essential side?

One thing you could do is to install a second change-over switch, one for essentials and one for non-essentials. That would give you the choice to use those non-essentials, but it would probably mean splitting your DB into an additional non-essential section depending on how your board was done. Mine works like that, two change-over switches and a normal Eskom only section,I seldom have to use it but it is very handy during load shedding.

Hi @Parrot

I had exactly the same problem.

My non-essential loads were only non-essential when they was no sun and they would have to run off battery power, if the sun is out my Inverter is making more than enough power to run everything.

I have Home Assistant running and it is connected to my Sunsynk to pull all the interesting data from the inverter. 

All my loads are connected to the essential load side of the inverter and have smart breaker switches in the DB Board that can switch the loads on/off using Home assistant & Node Red.   

I have set up a rule that if the Grid Frequency on the Inverter drops to less than 45hz (Load Shedding) and the PV Power being generated is less than 2kw then all the heavy loads are disconnected.

Is not crazy expensive to setup yourself, breakers switches are +-R600 each locally  and a Home Assistant setup will cost you +-R2k on a Pi4

On 2021/10/09 at 8:03 AM, Sc00bs said:

I have set up a rule that if the Grid Frequency on the Inverter drops to less than 45hz (Load Shedding) and the PV Power being generated is less than 2kw then all the heavy loads are disconnected.

Hey Sc00bs. Can you share this flow please?