Sunsynk connectivity wishlist - What we would like from the cloud

Sc00bs

I have been speaking to the guys from Sunsynk about the Powerforum Home Assistant connectivity project and have sent them an email about the new cloud system they are busy launching. 

Seeing as they are now in charge of their wifi dongles and cloud server and have reached out to the community for our opinions,  I thought it would be a good opportunity to ask them for some connectivity to the data they are capturing from our inverters. 

1st Prize, the way I see it anyway, would be to have direct local connectivity to the inverter using the wifi dongle to offload inverter data locally into Home Assistant/MQTT 

Failing which, access to an API to allow us to get live data about our inverters from the cloud server.

Any thoughts/suggestions as to what else we could be asking them for that would make the integrations easier/more reliable? 

MQTT would be ideal. 

I personally would only want something that can do a direct connection to the dongle, if it requires connecting to an API on the internet then I wouldn't use it. 

I think it would be great if it was possible for a limited set of settings that could be changed as well.  In particular the 'System Mode' time slots.  This would allow for creating automations involving loadshedding or things like adjusting settings based on clouds or day of the week or such.  Being able to change _any_ setting is perhaps a bit risky, but it would be great if at very least the less critical settings were possible to change.

• 2 weeks later...

Local MQTT ftw

Since the poor folk supplying our electricity is struggling again (not sure if the excuse is rain, bad planning, or they just don't give a damn after the local elections this time) I found myself changing some inverter settings recently. 

Ideally I want to do this via Home Assistant.

My initial thoughts is to configure a couple of profiles in the HASS io addon and expose these via an input_select to Home Assistant. So then you can select as an example Load Shedding / Not load shedding or use something like this to do this selection.

The profile config would then be something like:

settings:
  - name: Load shedding
    timers:
      - time: 1:00
        power: 5000
        soc: 30
        grid: yes 
      - time: 6:00
        power: 5000
        soc: 20
        grid: yes