Axpert Firmware 72.70

Don

@Coulomb thanks a great deal for your effort to improve the Axpert firmware, which certainly was very successful with your previous patch. I am sure there are a multitude of Axpert owners eagerly awaiting the patched firmware you are working on now. We are all in indebted to you.

On 08/02/2017 at 10:31 PM, Don said:

Tank you for the information @Coulomb. We are anxiously awaiting your 72.70 patch. Just wondering why Voltronic don't get you to write their firmware for them? Those Chinese obviously seem to be be confused and struggling to get it right. :)

Actually, firmware for an inverter like this is *very* complex. I doubt that I have a vague understanding of more than a quarter of it. The parts that Weber and I are patching are way less than 1% of it.

I realised recently that I had been misinterpreting the nature of the charging bug. It seems that they are well aware of the need for the voltage condition, and it's been in their source code since at lest 52.30, probably all along. They just have a trivial typo (or possibly "thinko") in one part of one of their functions; they have a "<" where they need a ">=". This bug, as it happens, is in a completely different function from the main inverter charge control function; the latter relies on a global flag set by the former.

We're up to the third iteration of what will become the 72.70A firmware, plus Weber has had a bit of a setback that we need to investigate.

12 hours ago, plonkster said:

I was following that 64 page thread on the other forum... seems one of you Ausies blew up an inverter again... :-)

What's this blue contamination?:lol: Fortunately it was only 20 odd pages long when I first discovered the site. 64 pages is a daunting task.

9 hours ago, Don said:

I hear they paint new Axperts blue in South Africa.:P

We are watching you with keen interest. You cannot paint it blue thereby making it Blue... :D

20 minutes ago, PaulF007 said:

Had to read it twice . well said!

The original was Robert May, President of the Royal Society from 2000-2005. The man quoting him was Richard Dawkins ducking out of a debate with William Craig. The entire thing is of course incredibly funny as one is a Zoologist and the other a professional philosopher. It's hard to say how the results could be used on anybody's CV! :-)

But I digress, as usual.

• 3 months later...

hi all, please can someone help with the correct programming? I have two 5kva in parallel, 3 banks of 250 amp hour Sonic gel batteries, 6 kw of PV 

My batteries are not lasting at all anymore  get to 50 volts discharge and fall off the cliff. back to grid voltage 48 volt. Bulk charge 58V floating 54V. bulk charge for 2 hours.

On 2017-5-23 at 1:23 PM, Dave Morley said:

hi all, please can someone help with the correct programming? I have two 5kva in parallel, 3 banks of 250 amp hour Sonic gel batteries, 6 kw of PV 

My batteries are not lasting at all anymore  get to 50 volts discharge and fall off the cliff. back to grid voltage 48 volt. Bulk charge 58V floating 54V. bulk charge for 2 hours.

Hi Dave I am on a road trip and will be home tomorrow night. I hate having to type long explanations on these silly touch screens.I will answer when I get home. In the meantime can you supply us with your settings.

1    SBU 

2    40

3   UPS

4    SDS 

5   USE

6    LTD

7    RTF

9     50

11    2 A

12    48

13    52

16    OSO

18   BON 

19    TEP 

20    LON 

22    AON 

23   BYD 

25   FEN 

26   58.4

27   54

28   PAL 

29    42

30   ONE

31   SBE 

32    180 was on AUT changed this evening 

38   DIS

Hi Dave

Program 2 You should be charging the bank at about 75A (40A for both inverters?)

Program 12  I am happy with 48V

Program 13 55V and maybe 56V (setting 12 and 13 are too close to each other)

Program 23 Bypass enabled 

My concern is that you have a large battery bank and you make no use of Eskom charging. Depending on the position and efficiency of your array you may be chronically undercharging your batteries.

If program 12 and 13's setting are to close together the inverter will flick between grid and solar not allowing a truly restorative charge.

Hope that helps

11 minutes ago, Dave Morley said:

Apologies.......panels did not come on....

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

I am not entirely sure what you mean. Panels producing no power? The official firmware has a bug which causes the SCC in some situations to go to float prematurely. What firmware are you using?

22 minutes ago, Dave Morley said:

stayed in bypass all day.

i.e. Grid charging the whole day?