Price: R8800 each

Payment Method Accepted: EFT

Warranty: 2 years

Packaging: Sealed / Unused

Condition: Brand New

Reason: Surplus stock from an install

Shipping: R200 per battery via The Courier Guy

Collection: Can be arranged

Link: https://www.takealot.com/mecer-lifepo4-12-8v-200ah-lithium-battery-sol-b-l-m200/PLID91577930

Edited by Chris.P.Bacon

Yes, it will work. I have a 12V 100A LiFePo4 connected to a 720w Mecer inverter. 

However, the charge switch MUST only be set to 10A and not 20A. If you do that, the inverter will eventually fail. This is well documented in the mybroadband thread. 

Other small catch is that if you drain the battery enough, then the battery BMS will turn off the battery. When the power comes back the inverter won't turn on as there is no battery voltage and hence cannot start charging the battery. Solution is to use a voltage source that is high enough e.g. 13.8V and connect it momentarily to the inverter battery terminals. This will wake up the BMS and allow the inverter to turn on and charging to commence. 

For safety I only use a power supply that is isolated e.g. ye olde transformer based psu. 

Yes the Mecer does charge the battery at below the ideal 14.0V but so far so good and if necessary I will hook up a 14.0V (isolated) PSU 

to the battery to let the BMS balancer do its thing. 14.2 V is probably even better. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2023/05/24 at 12:06 PM, GreenMan said:

Yes, it will work. I have a 12V 100A LiFePo4 connected to a 720w Mecer inverter. 

However, the charge switch MUST only be set to 10A and not 20A. If you do that, the inverter will eventually fail. This is well documented in the mybroadband thread. 

Other small catch is that if you drain the battery enough, then the battery BMS will turn off the battery. When the power comes back the inverter won't turn on as there is no battery voltage and hence cannot start charging the battery. Solution is to use a voltage source that is high enough e.g. 13.8V and connect it momentarily to the inverter battery terminals. This will wake up the BMS and allow the inverter to turn on and charging to commence. 

For safety I only use a power supply that is isolated e.g. ye olde transformer based psu. 

Yes the Mecer does charge the battery at below the ideal 14.0V but so far so good and if necessary I will hook up a 14.0V (isolated) PSU 

to the battery to let the BMS balancer do its thing. 14.2 V is probably even better. 

So it will never charge the battery to 100% and if you run it too low, you need to provide external power to "jump start" the battery BMS in order for the inverter to work again.

Any idea what sort of KWH usage one could actually use from a 12V 100AH LiFePo4 battery on a 720W Mecer inverter?

For example, the battery would have 1.2KWH in theory, with an 80% DoD that would mean you could get 0.96KWH out of the battery. With the inverter not being able to charge the battery to 100% how much would one be loosing from the usable capacity of the battery? Any ideas?

22 minutes ago, PsyCLown said:

So it will never charge the battery to 100% and if you run it too low, you need to provide external power to "jump start" the battery BMS in order for the inverter to work again.

Any idea what sort of KWH usage one could actually use from a 12V 100AH LiFePo4 battery on a 720W Mecer inverter?

For example, the battery would have 1.2KWH in theory, with an 80% DoD that would mean you could get 0.96KWH out of the battery. With the inverter not being able to charge the battery to 100% how much would one be loosing from the usable capacity of the battery? Any ideas?

I can just say my Hubble S-100 measure close to 110Ah when I did a load test. 

As much as we talk about the BMS switching off. The moment you have this the battery will always bounce back and I find it strange that other batteries don't bounce back. 

I just tested a new 12V 7Ah and removing load at about 50% SOC it bounced back from 12.38 to 13V.

Tested on a 1.25A gate motor transformer based PSU and it works fine. 

On 2023/05/23 at 9:52 AM, Chris.P.Bacon said:

Item: 4 x Mecer 12V 200Ah Lithium

Price: R8800 each

Payment Method Accepted: EFT

Warranty: 2 years

Packaging: Sealed / Unused

Condition: Brand New

Reason: Surplus stock from an install

Shipping: R200 per battery via The Courier Guy

Collection: Can be arranged

Link: https://www.takealot.com/mecer-lifepo4-12-8v-200ah-lithium-battery-sol-b-l-m200/PLID91577930

Hi Chris
Do you have any left ?