Lithium Battery for Axpert MKS Plus 3kva 24v

AJM

Pylontech apparently has a list of approved inverters to work with their batteries.

But I think this is irrelevant.

Mine does not communicate with them - even though a communication cable is available it is not connected or used.

So any 48v inverter that can charge with 52v and +25a will do.

4 minutes ago, Johandup said:

Pylontech apparently has a list of approved inverters to work with their batteries.

But I think this is irrelevant.

Mine does not communicate with them - even though a communication cable is available it is not connected or used.

So any 48v inverter that can charge with 52v and +25a will do.

Yes the Voltronic inverters cannot communicate with the Pylontech, but they do work.

Good morning everyone . With my last battery change i wanted to buy lithuim but was informed that it was not possible with the Axpert 5 kva  . At the time  I did not know about the Power forum . Learned a lot from u the last few months . For the future what is the way to lithium . Thanks

3 hours ago, Chris Louw said:

Good morning everyone . With my last battery change i wanted to buy lithuim but was informed that it was not possible with the Axpert 5 kva  . At the time  I did not know about the Power forum . Learned a lot from u the last few months . For the future what is the way to lithium . Thanks

Hi Chris, 

The Pylontechs and BlueNova batteries only introduced a BMS compatible with Axpert inverters in the past 8 months or so. 

What to get in future? Let's see what's available then ;)

The important thing is that the battery is protected if there is a low or a high cell. If the BMS has its own protection circuitry (that opens a contactor, I believe pylontech uses a large FET but I don't know), you can use any inverter that can do the required voltage levels. If anything bad happens... click, it switches off.

Okay, that might not be 100% true. In some support endaevours I found some cases where battery protection kicked in and the DC bus peaked well over 65V for a few seconds. The Vickies can handle it, in fact the inverter powers the DC bus well enough that the other equipment stays up (such as the CCGX). I suspect you will blow a cap or a FET on the Axperts, if not immediately, definitely eventually. One forum member here also lost a Microcare MPPT as I recall when something similar happened. But at least you'd only blow a cheap inverter and not an expensive battery :-)

1 hour ago, plonkster said:

The important thing is that the battery is protected if there is a low or a high cell. If the BMS has its own protection circuitry (that opens a contactor, I believe pylontech uses a large FET but I don't know), you can use any inverter that can do the required voltage levels. If anything bad happens... click, it switches off.

Okay, that might not be 100% true. In some support endaevours I found some cases where battery protection kicked in and the DC bus peaked well over 65V for a few seconds. The Vickies can handle it, in fact the inverter powers the DC bus well enough that the other equipment stays up (such as the CCGX). I suspect you will blow a cap or a FET on the Axperts, if not immediately, definitely eventually. One forum member here also lost a Microcare MPPT as I recall when something similar happened. But at least you'd only blow a cheap inverter and not an expensive battery :-)

Did you know the Pylontech has reverse polarity protection? Nice, ne!

• 7 months later...
  • 6 months later...