Gauteng Who is not using grid....

Scorp007

2 hours ago, Bobster. said:

The combination of these two factors means that the total demand and what I use from PV has dropped, but what I draw from the grid has stayed pretty constant, and so grid power consumed as a % of power consumed by the house is rising. This makes me grumpy.

Strange, since I installed my system from an average 22 KW/h a day from grid I managed to reduce it to about 5 Kw/h see dashboard of my last 90 days. 

image.thumb.png.56523b77d305fd47522e39524d35869a.png

22 minutes ago, Antonio de Sa said:

Strange, since I installed my system from an average 22 KW/h a day from grid I managed to reduce it to about 5 Kw/h see dashboard of my last 90 days. 

also @Bobster., via the extension lead the monetary grid amount was effectively nil, to me, but we were using 2-3kWh extra per night, that the battery would not have had capacity for... now if we wanted a prepaid meter from Eksdom, which they refused to put in when asked a few years ago, we'd be looking at R 8.00 per unit/kWh, not an option and mark this text, this is what will be the target unit price elsewhere, I suspect, I've got 16 x 304Ah cells coming, hopefully before the weekend (that aught to keep me out of mischief for a day or 2) and once that is added to the existing 8k2W battery, we should be fine overnight, without manually cycling various loads...

Certainly we've gone from over 30kWh/day, 5 years ago, to 20-24kWh/day these days, the consumption will go up again, but all of it will be solar sourced and battery supported after dark...

2 hours ago, Kalahari Meerkat said:

now if we wanted a prepaid meter from Eksdom, which they refused to put in when asked a few years ago, we'd be looking at R 8.00 per unit/kWh,

😮  that is hell of expensive for electricity. Even good old COJ, not knowing for having the most attractive electricity prices, is charging R2 and some change.

4 hours ago, Antonio de Sa said:

My bad. I meant what I've been drawing from the grid since I first converted to PV.

At conversion time I was using 13kWh total and about 1.2 from the grid on a good day (I know... it's wastrels like me that bump load shedding up a stage).

These days I'm using 10 to 11 total, but still about 1.2 from the grid. 

That's because of the inverter - I think it's the way it's designed. But I suppose I could try asking Goodwe support about this. They'll probably tell me to use some time-based rule.

4 hours ago, Bobster. said:

Not a productive day in Randburg. On a good day my battery is charged by 10:30. Today it hasn't seen more than 80% SOC.

image.png.3ec80a37de2b86125e350fb653466aa6.png

For me today produced 60% of a full sunshine day so around my daily needs. Good enough for me.

Sunday I expect no sun so that would mean grid use for the day for about 80% + of our needs. Depends as usual how busy the kitchen will be 😀

LS today from 16h.

IMG_20231206_192303.thumb.jpg.a53e2835c2f5c3accf536a3c91121151.jpg

Edited by Scorp007