Solar Array Configuration

stoic

Hello Soic,

I think you forgot to add your volts together per array, 76v x 4 = 304v per array (8 panels)? You added the watts and also the amps together but not the volts.

if you combine the 3 arrays in series it will give you 912v if you connect them in parallel it will remain 302v if not mistaken.

One cannot really comment unless one knows what SCC you will be using. basically you have 12 strings consisting of 2 panels in series. You either going to need lots of inline fuses or you going to need a massive combiner box. 2 panels in series is likely only going to suit an Axpert or a smaller Victon or the like.

I would like to see 8 panels in series if possible.

Panels are 72 cell panels.

@Chris Hobson I have three inverters the synerji ones :)  SYSH18-5K Plus in specs below

The panels on my will be on my roof... no shade for any of them.

My assumption is that i need to supply each inverter independently.

Looking at the spec below i figured i need to supply between 64V and 140V DC and i am also maxed at 60 amps / 3000W.

The configuration i drew up using paint :) falls in that range.

My battery bank is also a 48V battery bank so i am just over that as well.

image.png.8a5612878c143e050c55b7c48e13a06d.png

Edited by stoic

On 2018/12/10 at 3:18 PM, Arandoza said:

I think you forgot to add your volts together per array, 76v x 4 = 304v per array (8 panels)? You added the watts and also the amps together but not the volts.

2 in serie, 4 in parralel for one string

I think i did it right. Look... this is Grade 8 Physics, so i can be wrong, i was in grade 8 24 years ago, but i think i did it right

On 2018/12/10 at 3:18 PM, Arandoza said:

if you combine the 3 arrays in series it will give you 912v if you connect them in parallel it will remain 302v if not mistaken

Hi Arandoza, in series you have to add the Volts together and the amps will remain the same. When you parallel , you need to add the amps of each string together, but the volts will remain the same.