Struggling with Goodwe Inverter

Daranger

On 2020/03/14 at 8:25 PM, Steync4 said:

Hi, what are your settings? Does this happen when you reach a certain SOC, or randomly? If you want, pm me your graphs to have a look at. 

HI, sent you a pm with my contact details. Many thanks :)

On 2020/03/12 at 8:04 AM, tumad said:

Hi all. I just had my system installed and everything seems to be working well in GENERAL mode, except one issue is that twice a day the inverter shuts everything down for 2 seconds with the following message:
Error code 524352
SelfuseOff
Self-used mode was shut down, check whether charge and discharge time is set.
Can anyone here assist with that? We been struggling a few days now on this and I don't want to put it into Economical mode due to the discharge to grid of the batteries.
Much appreciated

also getting this but my inverter does not go online. system light off, backup light off

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey guys. Any new functionality in the new firmware or just bug fixes? I have been looking for a way to delay the charge of my batteries similar to the Axpert prioritize feeding to the grid mode but have not had any luck telling my 5048D ES to not charge batteries. Even in economical mode it will still use PV power to charge up the batteries, just not grid. Really looking to not have my batteries sit as 100% SOC all day, as they charge in about an hour , I would prefer to have them start charging about mid day. 

Also not got the OTA update yet, wonder if 151508 might not support OTA updates maybe? @Jakesza what firmware were you on before?

8 minutes ago, Ddeclercq said:

Hey guys. Any new functionality in the new firmware or just bug fixes? I have been looking for a way to delay the charge of my batteries similar to the Axpert prioritize feeding to the grid mode but have not had any luck telling my 5048D ES to not charge batteries. Even in economical mode it will still use PV power to charge up the batteries, just not grid. Really looking to not have my batteries sit as 100% SOC all day, as they charge in about an hour , I would prefer to have them start charging about mid day. 

Also not got the OTA update yet, wonder if 151508 might not support OTA updates maybe? @Jakesza what firmware were you on before?

I was on 17178. I am also using economical but on the battery profile I set the power to 0% so the entire charging process comes from PV. Maybe you have the profiles incorrectly set? If you don't set a charging group, they will start to discharge immediately.

Log a ticket to support, it took a day for them to upgrade it, I had SOC issues before on 17178 and its all fixed now. 

Awesome, thanks for the advice. Will go log a ticket for that. 

Quite possibly I got the profiles wrong yes. I am back to general, and both of them charge only from PV, but I would like to have PV feed to the grid in the mornings and only then start charging the batteries. The issue is the PV by itself charges the batteries to 100% by around 9 - 10 am. So then they sit at SOC100% until around 17:00 before they discharge again, which is not great of the lifetime of my batteries. If I could get it to hit 100% SOC by 15:00 of there about then they batteries only sit at 100% for an hour or so which should make them last a bit longer. Or that is my thinking at least

3 minutes ago, Ddeclercq said:

Awesome, thanks for the advice. Will go log a ticket for that. 

Quite possibly I got the profiles wrong yes. I am back to general, and both of them charge only from PV, but I would like to have PV feed to the grid in the mornings and only then start charging the batteries. The issue is the PV by itself charges the batteries to 100% by around 9 - 10 am. So then they sit at SOC100% until around 17:00 before they discharge again, which is not great of the lifetime of my batteries. If I could get it to hit 100% SOC by 15:00 of there about then they batteries only sit at 100% for an hour or so which should make them last a bit longer. Or that is my thinking at least

then you have to use eco with battery profiles. I use it and prefer this over general. if you set charging power to anything over 1% it will use grid power COMBINED with pv power to charge batteries, the higher you set it the higher the charging rate will be from the grid. 

Cool, will give that a stab. Where do I find battery profiles? I user the PvMaster app and other than selecting battery type ie Pylon 2xUS3000 it does not really give me anything more to set. If I use self define I can set charge current and stop it from charging that way, but then it seems really upset and wont discharge the battery at all. 

I would also prefer eco because of the time options I can use, but it all seems to be geared around controlling when it discharges the battery more than when and how it charges. But then again, probably just me missing something here

26 minutes ago, Ddeclercq said:

Cool, will give that a stab. Where do I find battery profiles? I user the PvMaster app and other than selecting battery type ie Pylon 2xUS3000 it does not really give me anything more to set. If I use self define I can set charge current and stop it from charging that way, but then it seems really upset and wont discharge the battery at all. 

I would also prefer eco because of the time options I can use, but it all seems to be geared around controlling when it discharges the battery more than when and how it charges. But then again, probably just me missing something here

PV Master -> Basic -> Eco -> set multiple battery groups with the appropriate charging/discharging schedules . then exit without restart

On 2020/05/06 at 1:31 PM, Jakesza said:

then you have to use eco with battery profiles. I use it and prefer this over general. if you set charging power to anything over 1% it will use grid power COMBINED with pv power to charge batteries, the higher you set it the higher the charging rate will be from the grid. 

Hi, Ive also decided to try your approach.

When the grid fails under Eco mode, where can one set what the max DoD is, how low will the batteries go, or even under eco - discharge, how low will the batteries go to?

Edited by FixAMess

37 minutes ago, FixAMess said:

Hi, Ive also decided to try your approach.

When the grid fails under Eco mode, where can one set what the max DoD is, how low will the batteries go, or even under eco - discharge, how low will the batteries go to?

Set under PV Master - advanced, right on the bottom. Off grid DoD and On grid DoD. 

5 minutes ago, Jakesza said:

Set under PV Master - advanced, right on the bottom. Off grid DoD and On grid DoD. 

Thanks.

I want my batteries to discharge from 0:01 (AM) to 06:30 AM and then to charge all the other time but only from PV.

I've set 2 battery modes, 1 to discharge with 0%  rated power and 1 to charge also with 0% rated power...

BUT, i see its still discharging as it was under general mode, 10% DoD down to 89% SOC..

Weird...I thought it would NOT discharge until 0;01 AM??

37 minutes ago, FixAMess said:

Thanks.

I want my batteries to discharge from 0:01 (AM) to 06:30 AM and then to charge all the other time but only from PV.

I've set 2 battery modes, 1 to discharge with 0%  rated power and 1 to charge also with 0% rated power...

BUT, i see its still discharging as it was under general mode, 10% DoD down to 89% SOC..

Weird...I thought it would NOT discharge until 0;01 AM??

ok, so its seems you have to have rated power > 0 % for charge mode 

Under eco mode It seems that the charge  power is a combination of grid and Escom which is regulated by the BMS..There is no way to limit the power going to the battery, i.e. limit to say C/10 A and take it all from the PV when available and when not available then take from Escom. (Am i wrong here, how can one set it to only charge from grid)

Also, if you set your discharge end time to 06:30 but your start charge time to 07:30 it will continue to discharge until the charge time has started!

The discharge is limited by the DoD, on grid  setting in the advanced tab.

• 4 months later...

I was running my 4 200ah leads fine with my goodwe, but now I'm seeing my SOC on the inverter is way off what the battery charge is. Inverter showing 100 however I think they around 70% is there a way to get the batteries to 100% with the inverter or do I have to charge each battery manually with a battery charger

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

After some playing around, here is how the PV Master app works with "Economical Mode" under "Basic Setting" in the "Settings" menu, there is a distinct lack of documentation so I thought it may be handy. If there are any corrections please advise.

My big problem with the app is that there is no way to prevent the battery from discharging or charging under Economical Mode (as first priority) and have PV and Meter (only) supply Load.

• As far as I know, there is no option to prevent the battery from discharging or charging as a first priority for example (1) PV => LOAD and (2) METER => LOAD, and to have the PV supply the Load (house).
  • The app needs to be corrected to address this, the charge discharge menu is really non-intuitive and flawed. Rather a priority system should be used for the three power source INPUTS (meter, battery, and PV) and the three power OUTPUTS (load, battery, and meter) with an associated time schedule and power limits. This is a system seen elsewhere, unlike the methods Good We have adopted I have no idea why Good We resorted to such a complicated and clunky system.
  • Example: For me after taking into account the total lifecycle of the battery and the initial purchase cost, the battery costs about 21.6c AUD per kWh to use, using the battery is not free, not for me, and not for you. Before 7am I can use off-peak power for around 15c per kWh. Solar is free (0c per kWh).
    In this off-peak time I would rather have the battery neither charge or discharge, and have the PV reduce my load with the remainder from the Meter (grid) at 15c per kWh during off-peak. There is plenty of time for the battery to charge during the day from solar.
    If I charge the battery during off peak this means a cost of 21.6c + 15c per kWh i.e. 36.6c per kWh, this makes no sense when the grid price can be less than that at some times.
    In the end I am using Charge and 1% Rated Power meaning I am buying all of my power at 15c per kWh before 7am, with the PV charging the battery before that time. This is not optimal in the slightest as there are a few hours between sunrise and 7am where I am paying for the power I use, instead of getting it free from the solar panels. Note we have little to no export incentive where I live.

ECONOMICAL MODE SETTINGS

A] Charge and 1% Rated Power (special)

• METER => LOAD ~~Meter (grid) supplies 100% of Load (house)
  • (PV => BATTERY) ~~100% of PV generation (PV solar panels), if any, charges Battery, excess (subject to limits or if battery is full) is exported to Meter (grid) if there is any.

B] Discharge and 0% Rated Power (special)

• (1) PV => LOAD ~~100% of PV generation (PV solar panels) supplies Load (house), excess is exported to Meter (grid) if there is any.
  • (2) BATTERY => LOAD ~~If PV generation cannot cover Load (house), Battery supplies remaining shortfall. At night time this means the battery covers the entire load.
  • (3) METER not used ~~Meter (grid) not used, unless battery State of Charge SOC is too low, then the grid covers the shortfall.

C] Charge and 2% or greater Rated Power

• METER => LOAD ~~Meter (grid) supplies 100% of Load (house)
  • METER => BATTERY ~~The Meter (grid) charges the battery up to the Rated Power.  If your inverter is a 5kW inverter (5,000 Watts) and 10% rated power is selected, then the battery will be charged at 500 Watts. If the Load (house) is 900 Watts, this means a total of 1,400 Watts instantaneous power will be drawn from the grid (if no PV generation).
  • (PV => BATTERY) ~~100% of PV generation (PV solar panels), if any, charges Battery, excess (subject to limits or if battery is full) reduces the load (if the PV cells are supplying 250 Watts, and the rated power is 10%, 500 Watts will be fed into the battery from the grid, for a total of 750 Watts).

D] Discharge and 1% or greater Rated Power

• (1) PV => LOAD ~~100% of PV generation (PV solar panels) supplies Load (house), excess is exported to Meter (grid) if there is any.
  • (2) BATTERY => LOAD ~~If PV generation cannot cover Load (house), Battery supplies remaining shortfall only up to the rated power. If your inverter is a 5kW inverter (5,000 Watts) and 10% rated power is selected, then the battery (itself) will only cover an instantaneous load of up to 500 Watts roughly, the remainder will be covered by the Meter (grid). No power will be fed into the battery.
  • (3) METER => LOAD ~~The meter will cover any shortfall, not first covered by the PV cells, or the battery up to the rated load. (if the PV cells are supplying 250 Watts, the Battery is supplying 500 Watts at 10% rated power, and the Load is 900 Watts, then the remaining 150 Watts will be taken from the Meter (grid).

E] (Nothing selected)

• Operates the same as Discharge and 0% Rated Power

F] (Charge and 0% Rated Power)

• Not selectable

Edited by aaronsta