sun pays 4.8kwh lithium battery

divhy

• 5 months later...

they look so alike in such a way that am convinced its from ruixu. but the price on ruixu website seems to be more that what sunpays is asking, and is there anyone who used this battery, i want to know its real site performance

Edited by divhy

Will Prowse has made 3 youtube video's about Ruixu batteries, the last one here > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1ZyCfi-U0k

It seems there is problems with their BMS's and they also seem to be not an honest company. Sending different product for review vs the one's they actually sell to people.

I think TheSunPays.co.za  should say if they use Ruixy supplied BMS's or their own ...

• 6 months later...
On 2020/08/16 at 5:26 PM, JRW said:

Any further info on this battery worth R25 000 ?

A colleague is using 2 of these batteries with 2 x Growatt inverters and as far as I know there is no comms between the battery and inverter.

He is using custom settings on the inverter for the batteries.

Unfortunately cannot comment on how good they are.

• 6 months later...
On 2020/08/18 at 9:46 AM, francois said:

A colleague is using 2 of these batteries with 2 x Growatt inverters and as far as I know there is no comms between the battery and inverter.

He is using custom settings on the inverter for the batteries.

Unfortunately cannot comment on how good they are.

I can confirm that currently there is no way to communicate with these batteries. We've had 2 batteries for just over a year with no way to communicate with them.
Apparently they are developing a software for the raspberri pi to be able to communicate.

As I understand, no inverter can communicate with these batteries.

Inverters can however communicate with their new batteries which was released a month or 2 after we purchased these batteries. Incredibly frustrating to drop R50k+ on something that we cant use properly. 
After months of mailing with them it basically came down to we must wait for them to finish with the software (all most a year now) or we must just accept it how it is or we must sell the batteries and buy other batteries.
So yeah, kind of left high and dry on this.

• 1 year later...
5 hours ago, Charl Brandon said:

Hi need assistance how to hard reset the sun pays doesn't want to chr the battery just keeps running flat, thanx Charl

Does this relates to the older sun pays lithium as in the picture dating back to 2019 or the current Thesunpays lithiums which are  Leoch brand name.

• 1 year later...