Commissioning a new pylontech into the system

Dex_

Hi All,

so finally after about 6 months of having my system i got another 2.4Kw pylontech to add to the system.

I was hoping to get advice on the safe and proper way to put it into my system

my idea is to toggle the inverter to its "off" position, then turn the existing pylontech off. then i plan to pull the fuse box disconnect open to essentially disconnect the batteries from the inverter. Then wire it up as such:

2_pylons.JPG.393b30929cd5851be3e328752ca18961.JPG

the dip swtiches i am not 100% sure on, do i leave them all as 000 since there is only 1 group? (i.e group 0)

then i would turn on the power button of master and its child and then press the red button on the master, i beleive after this the child will be on also?

lastly adjust my inverters 02 setting from 20A to 50A?

Any feedback or advice?

Thank you.

Newest battery should come first with positive to inverter and last/oldest battery negative to inverter.

847155077_IMG_20191211_0802251.thumb.jpg.f1c06d9d8107a211a344868f9de96fe5.jpg

3 hours ago, Dex_ said:

the dip swtiches i am not 100% sure on, do i leave them all as 000 since there is only 1 group? (i.e group 0)

Should all be 0

3 hours ago, Dex_ said:

then i would turn on the power button of master and its child and then press the red button on the master, i beleive after this the child will be on also?

100% correct

3 hours ago, Dex_ said:

lastly adjust my inverters 02 setting from 20A to 50A?

I adjusted to 40A

Edited by Quat Allah Al Shams

19 hours ago, Quat Allah Al Shams said:

Newest battery should come first with positive to inverter and last/oldest battery negative to inverter.

847155077_IMG_20191211_0802251.thumb.jpg.f1c06d9d8107a211a344868f9de96fe5.jpg

Should all be 0

100% correct

I adjusted to 40A

i feel like yours should be higher than 40A? like imo 110A is safe for yours isnt it? of course it makes no diff if you cant provide that much then might as well keep it lower. (i am also not sure of the systems limit off hand, i am assuming it is like 100, and split on PV and AC, but you get the idea)

On 2020/01/16 at 8:45 PM, Quat Allah Al Shams said:

This is an interesting statement, may I ask why the position makes a difference, and specifically why the positive should run from the first battery? 

3 hours ago, Jaco de Jongh said:

This is an interesting statement, may I ask why the position makes a difference, and specifically why the positive should run from the first battery? 

Position newest battery has to be master to do with cycle count and charge control of older batteries ( guessing will have latest firmware that why),  positive and negative positioning BMS wont read other batteries (ICC only sees one battery from my experience)

9 hours ago, Quat Allah As Shams said:

Thanks but 75A is safe for me 25A per battery not higher

? You appear to have 3 US3000s, which have larger cells than US2000s, and as a consequence their recommended maximum charge current is 37 A per module, not 25 A.

Thank you as always much appreciated learning everyday ( they say knowledge is Power from this forum Literally🌞)

@CoulombWill it affect the battery if set lower negatively/positively? ( Please explain in what way)

Is it better to charge at recommended rate,why? (solar does not even reach that high 99A 1xus2000+2xUS3000)

3 hours ago, Quat Allah As Shams said:

Thank you as always much appreciated learning everyday ( they say knowledge is Power from this forum Literally🌞)

@CoulombWill it affect the battery if set lower negatively/positively? ( Please explain in what way)

Is it better to charge at recommended rate,why? (solar does not even reach that high 99A 1xus2000+2xUS3000)

imo it will just take longer to charge is all. but yeah i worked it out as 37 + 37 + 25 = 99 (sorry not sure why i said 110 before), likewise why i said if you cant actually provide that much it doesnt matter to change it.

10 hours ago, Quat Allah As Shams said:

Will it affect the battery if set lower negatively/positively?

I assume your question is, what are the consequences of charging lower than the recommended maximum, and secondly of charging higher.

Charging at a lower rate than the recommended maximum will not directly damage the battery modules. As @Dex_ has said, it will just charge the battery slower. But this may waste some available solar energy under some circumstances, which may require the battery to stay at a lower state of charge say at the end of a long blackout or rain period. So you may as well set it to the maximum recommended charge rate, if possible.

10 hours ago, Quat Allah As Shams said:

solar does not even reach that high 99A 1xus2000+2xUS3000

Oops, I didn't notice that the bottom module is a US2000. Since your solar charger (even with utility charging current added?) can't reach 99 A, just set it to the highest setting it will go.