Picture & part number needed: MPPT Module ALFA-M3000-24 Solar Hybrid Inverter

timematcher

Hi Guys, Good day

As per subject I need the actual picture of the MPPT board & part number of the "MPPT module" present in the ALFA-M3000-24 Solar Hybrid Inverter.

The brand name is NS but it is very similar to Voltronic or Axpert models

I have the picture of the board of the inverter with the missing MPPT module. I need the picture to procure the MPPT module.

Please see attachment.

Thanks

2.jpg

• 2 months later...
On 2020/02/23 at 7:04 PM, Chris Louw said:

@timematcher  The photo you have placed is the same as a 3000VA/2400W Axpert RCT .This some photos of the mppt of the Axpert RCT . l am trying to get a replacement main bord for mine .

IMG_20200223_155414.jpg

IMG_20200223_155435.jpg

I hope I am not too late to reply..

The inverter I have is actually a PWM Solar inverter. The PWM module is plug-n-Play. The PCB of PWM inverter and the PCB of the MPPT inverter is the same. The only difference is the PWM/MPPT module which can be removed easily. I was hoping i could replace the PWM module with an MPPT one. That is just a side note.

I have not personally tested the following site, but I googled and found this service selling SCC boards. I do not want to post a link so I have taken high quality screenshots. Maybe you can use it and try to acquire the board if you are still looking for it and also share your experience with me here because I have searched heaven and earth for the SCC board for my Solar Inverter but haven't found it.. :(

Bqe0CII.png

GiE6oFn.png

Let me know if it works out for you. Thanks

Edited by timematcher

This is not an exact picture but the solar MPPT module for my Solar Inverter should look like this in order to fit in the Inverter. Focus on the metallic pins which fit in and get screwed in the corresponding long metal bars in the main PCB.

H228ca1d9dd164536832622143d692a3aP.jpg

Hi I dont have much knowledge of this inverter . I have found 1 MOSFET blown . After the lockdown I will try to get a replacement . If that does not work I will try and get a replacement main board . This is a spare inverter if it does not workout it will be scrapped . Thanks for your response .

Mosfet.jpg

4 hours ago, Chris Louw said:

I have found 1 MOSFET blown . 

Mosfet.jpg

Err, if you're claiming that the above is a MOSFET, then you haven't got a leg to stand on. 😀

By which I mean, that part apparently has only 2 legs (leads), MOSFETs always have 3, so you're one leg short. If there is a third lead hidden, then my apologies, and I haven't been pulling your leg at all.

If as I believe it's a capacitor, the actual value will be stamped/written on another face. It looks to be about 1 - 5 μF to me.

Edit: someone mentioned "475M63" associated with this image in another topic. In that case, it's 4.7 μF ±20%, 63 V working. Just within my guessed range 😎.

Edited by Coulomb

10 minutes ago, Coulomb said:

By which I mean, that part apparently has only 2 legs (leads), MOSFETs always have 3, so you're one leg short. If there is a third lead hidden, then my apologies, and I haven't been pulling your leg at all.

The ON inside a circle is for "ON Semiconductor". Throwing that in google with the other number on there spits out this. It is indeed not a MOSFET. It's two Schottky diodes back to back 🙂

15 minutes ago, plonkster said:

Throwing that in google with the other number on there spits out this.

Oh, well, if your're willing to go to all that much trouble...  😳

I assumed that the "2020" was part of the date code. And that ON Semiconductor makes parts other than semiconductors. As a side line, you know.

My apologies for the bad call.

Thanks for your responds it does have three legs , it was blown apart . Plonkster I did get the same spec on google . @Coulomb will there be any thing on the 4 KW Axpert main board that I can use to check if this the only fault with this inverter . I am not allowed to travel to a supplier .

8 minutes ago, Coulomb said:

Oh, well, if your're willing to go to all that much trouble...  😳

Indeed, no criticism  at all, finding part numbers an be difficult, and quite often I've found that the long number is useless (a date code as you observed) and the short code (sometimes only a few letters) is the part number (which helps you nothing if you don't already know the manufacturer and/or what part it is). For this reason I too tried the AFE number first... and then on a whim figured I'll try the other one. When google auto-completed the number... I knew I had hit paydirt 🙂

27 minutes ago, Chris Louw said:

Thanks for your responds it does have three legs , it was blown apart .

Ah. 

@Coulomb will there be any thing on the 4 KW Axpert main board that I can use to check if this the only fault with this inverter . I am not allowed to travel to a supplier .

I don't know the 3 kVA models well. In fact, I don't know of any dual Schottky diode in an Axpert inverter-charger.

Unless it's in the solar charge controller. Is it?

If it's a 145 V max PV model, and if the design is similar to the 5 kVA models, the only connections to the main board are the battery terminals (after the battery fuse), the serial port, and (if there is a 2-pin JST connector; it might be the one I see in the middle of the photo several posts earlier) a "power on because there is sun" signal. You can test the power signal by shorting the two pins on the main board with the inverter-charger powered down and switched off, but connected to the battery. But first inspect the circuit to see if it roughly matches the 5 kVA main power supply schematic here. If it is working, the inverter-charger should wake up and the display should come on.

The serial port will be much more difficult to test. The partial schematic trace of a 5 kVA SCC comms port is here. But if you are going to be replacing the SCC with a Victron MPPT, then you likely don't care if that serial port works or not (it isn't used for anything else).

Even if PV power connected directly to the battery terminals of the inverter, it seems unlikely that it would blow up the inverter. If it did, I'd expect a bang and bad smell, or at least visible cracks in some of the battery-side MOSFETs. Note: you'll likely need a mirror to see the MOSFETs as they are hard up against one of the inverter walls (at least, on 5 kVA models).