Kodak King 5kw error 32

Peter Woest

21 hours ago, Peter Woest said:

Kodak king 5kw. Done firmware upgrade and inverter not starting up after. Only display 32 on screen?

What firmware version before reflash?

What version are you attempting to reflash to? (and main or display/MCU?)

Is the 32 followed by the warning symbol () ?

My guess is it's a communications interrupted warning. Either restart the reflash, or use the USB stick method.

This is described on page 23 (PDF page 25) of this inverter manual:

http://www.mppsolar.com/manual/PIP-MK%2 ... 190717.pdf

I did not notice the warning after 32

Attempting to flash to 71.86 main mcu to match the 2 existing units in a 3 parallel setup. 71.80 before flash. 

First attempt was done with usb stick method. reflash started and after about 10min stopped. After that when inv is switched on, countdown 5.4.3.2.1....32.with fan running.   I dont have the option to re-do the stick method. all but power buttons are non responsive

On 2020/02/26 at 1:35 AM, Peter Woest said:

I dont have the option to re-do the stick method. all but power buttons are non responsive

Yikes! That sounds like a design failure. Looks like you'll have to switch to the RS-232 update procedure.

Some notes on serial re-flashing a King here. Good luck.

• 4 months later...

Old thread, but I thought I would share my fix.

Had same issue with error 32 on a Kodak OG-Plus 5.48. Just reflashed it again using USB stick, just press and hold usual button when error 32 is on screen, and run the upgrade again.

Used 71.92 from Coulomb:

• 1 year later...

hi all.

i have a Apert King 5kv 5000w 48v unit, purchased in the beginning of the year.

model name ERS King 5K (T0003900)

I changed batteries from 8 x 100ah to 4 x 170ah, thinking old ones where not good since i purchased them 2nd hand.

newer ones are also 2nd hand but where supposedly load tested and was told they still good.

been saving for new batteries but need to confirm if issue is batteries or something else. 

initially on the first batteries when power went out it could run comfortably for a good few hours  with my fridge, tv etc still connected and in most cases we didnt notice it was working over the regular 2 hour loadsheding.

Then after a couple months when we had longer and more loashedding periods in a day, i reduced consumption to around 250-300w drain using just house lights and it was only lasting for a hour to 90mins.

complained to guy i got the batteries from and he replaced them with 6 x 170ah batteries  of wich i use 4.

havent had any change to the power usage.

tried adjusting float and bulk volatges etc no differents. maybe lasts 1hr 45mins as a max on the odd occassion.

Reading up online i came across mention of 'floating bug' issue and was told by the rep i purchased the inverter from, to update the firmware.

original firmware was 71.90

been trying to upgrade firmware to 71.97 or 71.95 via USB stick and it always bombs out with a error 32.

after 2 days of struggling i found firmware 71.92 would flash and restore the unit from the error 32.

Tried reflashing again to the later firmware versions but have the same issue with it going into a error 32.

I am flashing via usb stick and OTG cable.

havent found a serial cable locally and my unit didnt come with any cables.

according to the rep i purchased from, they do not come with cables unless it has a parallel board installed.

current settings :

usb priority

eco mode

battery type - user defined

cutoff voltage 47v

back to grid voltage - 46v

back to discharge voltage - 54v

charger source priority - sbl ucb

max charge current 100amp

max ac charge current - 50amp

float charge - 55v

bulk charge - 57.6v

max charge time - auto

batteries are northstar nsb170ft red.

2.29 vpc float voltage

hope you can shed some light on a remedy to the firmware issue or possibly a problem elsewhere.

1 hour ago, razzor13bt said:

Reading up online i came across mention of 'floating bug' issue and was told by the rep i purchased the inverter from, to update the firmware.

Alas, factory firmware won't fix the premature float bug. However, you could update to patched firmware now.

Patched firmware version 71.97a and patched removable display firmware version 02.66a.

Of course, this  can't undo any damage done to batteries in the past.

2 hours ago, razzor13bt said:

cutoff voltage 47v

That's a bit low, especially for long load shedding. I note that your problems seem to have been worse since long load shedding began (again?).

I would use 48 V. That means that the inverter will stop with error code 04 (low battery) a little earlier, but it will save your battery from discharging past 50%, which is where lead acid rapidly loses capacity / life.

Hi.

I tried flashing to the patch version v71.97a with no luck.

Locks on error 32 screen. 

Have to shut down inverter and restart then can flash back to v71.92

Doesnt accept any other version beside v71.92.

Changed to 8 x new CSB Hrl 12500w 130ah batteries.

On the watchpower app it shows they only charging at 1 amp.

Resting voltage of batteries was +-12.8v.

Recommended float charge is 13.5 - 13.8v

Gives a recommended equalization voltage of 14.4 - 15v

No mention of bulk charge voltage.

Definately need to get a bms to get more accurate data.

On 2021/11/07 at 8:48 PM, razzor13bt said:

I am flashing via usb stick and OTG cable.

Have you tried using a USB to RS-232 adapter and a Windows computer?

It's strange that it will only flash to 71.92.