axpert 5kva with pwm charge controller error 57

Zimnismoboy34

Good day members .
Im at it again trying to repair an axpert inverter . Please kindly advise i am getting error 57 on it .
I have a spare control board .. the one that sits on the left hand side that connects to the can comm, and screen. 
i replace the board and the inverter powers up and then immediately goes into a power cycle clicking non stop screen flickers and three led lights flashing on the front .

If i place the old board back in i get error 57 .

Checked the pre stage 3300 uf capacitors and are measuring in spec. 63v

also checked the output and removed them and they measure with in spec.

Checked the 470uf 500v units they also seem to be okay ...

Not sure where to go next ... and hate to sit and go through the whole service manual . But will do it if no one else has come across this before ..

thank you in advance ps i have tried this unit off battery only . No ac connected no AC output connected ..fans spin up too ..

11 hours ago, Zimnismoboy34 said:

i am getting error 57 on it ... and hate to sit and go through the whole service manual .

Since error 57 is "current sensor failed", perhaps check the current sensors? That's the LEM and the current transformer. Also check the 47Ω burden resistor under the board near the current transformer. It's also possible that an op-amp on the control board has failed.

It sounds like your spare control board may not be working, or is for a different model.

5 hours ago, Zimnismoboy34 said:

negative i dont have that hence i assumed that tx1 

You have CT1, check the burden resistor under that. Your model might have a shunt resistor instead of the LEM. I don't know if that could cause error 57 or not.

Ok traced the current sensing resistor wires to a ic u21 which actually says OP07 under neath . changed this out and no change . so must be something else in the circuit . I am unsure of the burden resistors you speak of under CT1 i see r199 un populated and r200 47R0 and r201 47R0 i did however have a chance to verify that all control boards and functional and working correctly . So the other symptom of the inverter trying to power on with the three LED and LCD flashing or pulsating non stop is some how tied into the main board fault . Not sure where else to check .

23 hours ago, Zimnismoboy34 said:

I am unsure of the burden resistors you speak of under CT1 i see r199 un populated and r200 47R0 and r201 47R0

Ah. Those are in fact the burden resistor; they are in parallel across the secondary of the current transformer. Sorry, I didn't realise that there were two physical resistors in series. In circuit, they should measure around 21Ω.

• 4 weeks later...

I have the same error 57 which has happened previously but it eventually went away and everything worked fine. Now it is back and I have had to connect the ac input to the output therefore bypassing the inverter in order to have grid power. Any updates on this issue? 

• 10 months later...
On 2020/09/15 at 7:09 AM, Rolf said:

I have the same error 57 which has happened previously but it eventually went away and everything worked fine

This sounds like your current sensors may need to be de-magnetised or replaced if it has happened and then recovered.