Narada 48npfc100 vs. Pylontech us3000

Jitish Mudgal

Hi everyone

Looking at getting solar installed at my place as hybrid system. 

The inverter will most likely be an Axpert 5kva 5kW inverter, most likely with 6 or 7 330W JA panels. 

From the two quotes I have received, one is installing a 4.8kwh Narada 48npfc100 and other is installing a pylontech us3000 3.5kwh battery. 

Between these two batteries  which one is better is an answer to that exists? 

Also in the future I want to implement system monitoring via icc, can this be done on a Narada? What is overall reliability and the reputation of Narada batteries like? 

Any further recommendations will be appreciated. 

Thanks in advance

Can't comment on Narada but also faced the same choice recently. 

I decided to go with pylontech simply because there is a lot more support and knowledge is easy to find. They are also doing well in the Australian independent battery tests. 

It's like deciding on going for a well known German car or French car. The French might be fancier and have more features as standard but the German will be easier to maintain with a steady supply of parts and service centres. 

So I have both batteries installed at two different locations..

I installed the US 3000 at my parents house in February and the Narada personally at my house about 3 weeks ago. I originally went with the Pylontec as it was the known brand and linked to the Axpert King and ICC perfectly. The battery has not given any issues and performed exactly as expected.

I chose the Narada for myself personally as I learnt the communication to the Inverter is useless if you have ICC with the battery linked (Narada is supported to) so I elected to have the larger capacity for the same price.

Originally I did not consider the Narada for my parents as the Pylontec seemed to be more popular but it turns out that there are plenty of people with the Naradas too

2 things to keep in mind

1 - The Pylontec will require a cable kit as it does not come with the required cables to connect to the inverter

2 - The Narada is 5u in size vs the Pylontec is 4u - if you are looking to rack mount

Either way, you are purchasing a great battery... 

11 hours ago, Louisvdw said:

However for a 5kW inverter you might need to look at 2x3kWh pylontech batteries.

The one companies quote only supplies a single 3.5kwh battery, and they are highly reviewed. 

Basically I have 3 options:

go with company 1 with the Narada

Go with company 2 with the Pylontech

Or option 3 becuase our family business is an electrical shop we can use our contacts and suppliers we can get the stuff individually much cheaper than any of the companies quote but we need someone to install it. I have a quote for 375W panels for around R1700ea which is cheaper than any of the companies, so I'm sure I can find the inverters and things cheaper as well. But I don't have the time to a DIY install and I don't think any business will install stuff supplied by the customer with a guarantee and coc just to protect themselves if something goes wrong in the future. 

Also my budget really can't afford 2 of those batteries right now. The companies are chsrginer near 70k for such an install. 

11 hours ago, Jay-Dee said:

I chose the Narada for myself personally as I learnt the communication to the Inverter is useless if you have ICC with the battery linked (Narada is supported to) so I elected to have the larger capacity for the same price. 

I'm a bit confused here, so does the Narada work with icc or not? 

And is narada supported on icc? 

I am also leaving towards the larger capacity. I just don't want these batteries out of stock or something the future when I looked to expand. 

12 hours ago, Achmat said:

Can't comment on Narada but also faced the same choice recently. 

I decided to go with pylontech simply because there is a lot more support and knowledge is easy to find. They are also doing well in the Australian independent battery tests. 

It's like deciding on going for a well known German car or French car. The French might be fancier and have more features as standard but the German will be easier to maintain with a steady supply of parts and service centres. 

Valid point and that's exactly why I don't want issues in the future if I go with the Narada. 

1 hour ago, Jitish Mudgal said:

I'm a bit confused here, so does the Narada work with icc or not? 

And is narada supported on icc? 

I am also leaving towards the larger capacity. I just don't want these batteries out of stock or something the future when I looked to expand. 

Yes it is supported on ICC... You just need to purchase the cable from them (likewise with the Pylontec)

The Pylontec shows you more info in ICC than the Narada but the main thing is the actual SOC for control. The Pylontec as a separate page with additional info above the SOC and Cycle Count. Having looked into this, it is an ICC programming short coming and not the battery. I know Manie is working on a completely new program, so hopefully this will have more details displayed.

If I had to purchase again, I would go Narada... I am very very impressed with the battery and value

9 hours ago, Jitish Mudgal said:

I also recently went for the pylontech 3000. I had gel batteries working very well for just over a year but I did overload them on too many occasions and didn't expect them to last very long. With the pylontech I had to remove some heavy loads like the dishwasher from solar to keep the pylontech happy. I don’t yet have ICC and might not even go for it as i am playing around with other ideas and a rasberry pi. Sofar with the pylontech i am quite impressed as i have been monitoring the battery on battery view and like what i see. I cannot talk for the narada as i have no experience on them.

Hi everyone, just wanted to say a big thank you for all the replies and help.

I decided to go with the Pylontech 3.5kwh, becuase of the sheer amount of information and support available for it. Also my brother got these fitted at his place, so you could say it's a family affinity thing now. 

Thanks everyone.