Sunsynk 8kw Inverter Passthrough

Leshen

16 hours ago, Vassen said:

When there is no grid, yes. 

However, if grid is present, it will also use the battery to feed the non essential loads.

To add to Vassens post, the inverter will power non essential loads on grid side, however, You can specify the discharge or power from the battery in System mode. I've set mine to 1.5 kW, so even if someone were to switch on the oven (yes, the oven needs to go) the inverter will only draw 1.5 kW from the battery, and the rest from the grid.

2 hours ago, Paul Greeff said:

To add to Vassens post, the inverter will power non essential loads on grid side, however, You can specify the discharge or power from the battery in System mode. I've set mine to 1.5 kW, so even if someone were to switch on the oven (yes, the oven needs to go) the inverter will only draw 1.5 kW from the battery, and the rest from the grid.

Just to make sure I understand this option, what would happen if there was loadshedding and someone turned on the oven? Would it just not turn on because it can't draw the required e.g 3kW?

15 minutes ago, Robbo said:

Just to make sure I understand this option, what would happen if there was loadshedding and someone turned on the oven? Would it just not turn on because it can't draw the required e.g 3kW?

During load shedding, none of of the grid side loads will get any power. 

• 1 month later...
On 2021/04/01 at 1:40 PM, Paul Greeff said:

If you limit the battery discharge power in System Mode surely this is supposed to limit battery discharge to essential loads only? As I understand it, non-essential loads are not supposed to get power from anything but grid and excess PV, having said that we have one site doing just that (battery power to non-essential loads) and we've been told it will be fixed with a firmware upgrade. I sense there is a lot of confusion around this, and I, for one, am not sure how it is intended to work as we've seen both....

From Sunsynk:  In time of use set power= essential load, so at night only that much power it will discharge from battery and remaining from Grid , At day time solar will provide both essential and non essential, You need to to Click on zero export only not Zero export to load, Else solar won't provide supply to non essential

If solar is less then battery will provide supply to non essential till it will reach SOC, you can control this by Setting % in time of use , suppose you have set 95% then battery will discharge only 100-95% at day time and if you set 20% for night then battery will discharge to 20% in night.

So the Sunsynk will supply battery power to non-essentials. 

• 6 months later...