Shoto battery/Deye inverter communication problems

Hi. I have just installed a Shoto 5.18MWh and Deye 5-kW inverter and since March I have been struggling to get it working problem. The setup is used as loadshedding buster. During the Grid events, it works fine for a few hours and then trip after a few hours. The fault is "F40 Batt_Over_Current". I have since noticed that the inverter is not communicating with the battery and have tried a number of permutations to get it working. Kindly advise where I am making a mistake.

IMG_9758.JPG

IMG_9756.JPG

10 minutes ago, Mphiliseni said:

Hi. I have just installed a Shoto 5.18MWh and Deye 5-kW inverter and since March I have been struggling to get it working problem. The setup is used as loadshedding buster. During the Grid events, it works fine for a few hours and then trip after a few hours. The fault is "F40 Batt_Over_Current". I have since noticed that the inverter is not communicating with the battery and have tried a number of permutations to get it working. Kindly advise where I am making a mistake.

IMG_9758.JPG

IMG_9756.JPG

Looking at the Dye manual, the Shoto isn't supported. You would need to contact Dye / Shoto or the dealer that sold it to you for support. I also see from the manual that the Dye can support various Lithium batteries, and that you must specify a type in "Lithium mode".

Did you buy the inverter and the battery from the same supplier? 

5 hours ago, Mphiliseni said:

IMG_9758.JPG

IMG_9756.JPG

Hi. Have you tried using AGM V with voltage?

That document is straight out of the Deye manual (Appendix I).

As per the Deye manual page 31, this is the screen where you set it:

image.thumb.png.0670ef9aa9436e2ed64af86c628c4de4.png

If comms is good then you should see something like this in your LiBMS screen:

image.png.4be05bb6c3d952c3c9f103ae236c3087.png

If you don't, then it could be a cable fault, try swapping out the cable. 

If this does not work then I suggest returning the battery to the dealer. Alternatively you can try to use voltage to determine SoC, but you will need these very specific voltage settings from the manufacturer. It's also not the greatest way to do things, and will probably affect your battery life.

• 2 months later...

In advance I can advise you to rather go for pylontech. My installer didnt even know the inverter & batteries werent communcating. 

Shoto comms standards seem to vary between batteries. If I had the option I would have gone pylontech. See my recent thread for further info.

Although if you trust your installer enough ... maybe

Edited by Hansa

• 8 months later...
On 2021/09/14 at 7:53 PM, TheoVogel said:

Hi, 

Did you get these two play together in the end. I am about to have a Deye 8kw with 2 Shoto 5.2kwh's installed I questioned the comms issue with the installer and he assured me that this is not a problem, but I's like some confirmation.

Hello, did you come right with the comms? I just installed a system this weekend and want to know how to connect the two batteries together and what cable to use?