Mr

Andre Cornelius

Question

6 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Andre Cornelius said:

I am have a 20kva solar system, my 5.1kva battries was fully charged we only use 200 to 400 watts in the evening and my battries is totally drained. Can it be my settings on my Growatt inverters because according to me my battries still needed to be 50% full

The problem is the inverter will also consume, some run at approaching 100Wh, then over 10hours of darkness, that will be an easy 1kWh gone... so, you'd need to see what the inverter draws when no load is on it, from the batteries, to see how much this will drain the batteries...

2 hours ago, Kalahari Meerkat said:

The problem is the inverter will also consume, some run at approaching 100Wh, then over 10hours of darkness, that will be an easy 1kWh gone... so, you'd need to see what the inverter draws when no load is on it, from the batteries, to see how much this will drain the batteries...

Not all Growatt inverters consume from the batteries. The ES models don't, the OP needs to give more information so that he can get more accurate answers. 

Hi @Andre Corneliusin order to advise best we need a bit more information about your system.

20kva growatt system would be 4 x 5kw inverters which consume 60watts x 4 without any loads. Which means we have to add 240 watts to your 400 watts = 640 watts.

Your 5kw battery would be able to carry your load at 50% DOD for around 3 and half hours(2400watthours/640watts=3,75hours). 100% DOD would be twice that.

The recommended battery size for one 5kw inverter is  10kw so you would need times 4 that to meet the inverter requirements to come close to being offgrid. Also you would need 20kw of pv panels to charge those batteries.

2 hours ago, Buyeye said:

Hi @Andre Corneliusin order to advise best we need a bit more information about your system.

20kva growatt system would be 4 x 5kw inverters which consume 60watts x 4 without any loads. Which means we have to add 240 watts to your 400 watts = 640 watts.

Your 5kw battery would be able to carry your load at 50% DOD for around 3 and half hours(2400watthours/640watts=3,75hours). 100% DOD would be twice that.

The recommended battery size for one 5kw inverter is  10kw so you would need times 4 that to meet the inverter requirements to come close to being offgrid. Also you would need 20kw of pv panels to charge those batteries.

I think we're getting way ahead of ourselves here. We don't even know what equipment he has yet.

Btw while the Growatt does consume +/-60W with NO load, when you apply lets say a 50W load then it only consumes 90W in total, so the inverter itself then only uses 40W. Pretty sure that as the wattage goes up, the efficiency goes up (same as your computer's power supply). So adding 60W to your loads isn't really necessary.

Would be nice to have a graph of exactly how much gets consumed by the inverter at different load levels... maybe someone with 2 clamp meters and some time on their hands will make one one day... 😛

In the ShinePhone app there is "load consumption" and "storage consumption" but it doesn't seem that accurate. At times it even tells me that the loads are bigger than what is being pulled from the battery which is not even possible...

1 hour ago, tetrasection said:

I think we're getting way ahead of ourselves here. We don't even know what equipment he has yet.

Btw while the Growatt does consume +/-60W with NO load, when you apply lets say a 50W load then it only consumes 90W in total, so the inverter itself then only uses 40W. Pretty sure that as the wattage goes up, the efficiency goes up (same as your computer's power supply). So adding 60W to your loads isn't really necessary.

Would be nice to have a graph of exactly how much gets consumed by the inverter at different load levels... maybe someone with 2 clamp meters and some time on their hands will make one one day... 😛

In the ShinePhone app there is "load consumption" and "storage consumption" but it doesn't seem that accurate. At times it even tells me that the loads are bigger than what is being pulled from the battery which is not even possible...

You are right we need more information about his system.