Goodwe LAN Module

Cef

¿Alguien ha instalado este Módulo Goodwe en algún Inversor de la Serie ES, que reemplaza al Módulo WIFI y quiere compartir su opinión y experiencia?

https://www.goodwe.com/monitoring-system/lan-module-330.asp

Creo que es genial para aquellos de nosotros que estamos interesados en tener un monitoreo continuo las 24 horas sin los riesgos de desconexiones debido a fluctuaciones en las señales WIFI.

Goodwe Lan Module.jpg

Edited by Cef

• Cef changed the title to Goodwe LAN Module

Sorry, I repeat

Has anyone installed this Goodwe Module in any ES Series Inverter, which replaces the WIFI Module and wants to share their opinion and experience?

https://www.goodwe.com/monitoring-system/lan-module-330.asp

I think it's great for those of us who are interested in having 24/7 continuous monitoring without the risks of disconnections due to fluctuations in WIFI signals.

And the Quick installation Guide here:

https://sinetechstore.co.za/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/Goodwe-Lan-Module-Quick-Installation-Guide.pdf

CEF

Edited by Cef
language error.

Someone on the Home Assistant plugin discord server @ https://discord.gg/TaXyWXT
was using this and had many issues.

There another firmware you need to update, the communication module firmware (sits inside inverter) that is updated separately from the normal firmware. Think it has to show version 13 at the end in SEMS. Mine is on 11.

Anyways join there and read about all the issues, you may have no issues at all or many issues to get it to work. Seems to me like the wifi module just works better.

To keep my wifi solid at home I use Unifi APs all over and can say my Goodwe have not given me a single issue on wifi yet. Actually none of my wifi stuff give issues unless they really really far away from the APs and have to go through multiple (like 4+) walls.

I am seeing some weird behaviour with these modules - i am trying to get my inverters intergrated into my home automation system - however when using the LAN dongles i see continual dropouts and packet loss when they are pushed hard.

I have 3 of the SBP5000 inverters (3 phase - one per phase) so will switch back to one of the wireless dongles tomorrow and see what happens from there.

Craig

No scrub that last comment - the LAN dongles appear to work OK - but there is one big issue (if you have multiple inverters). 

Unlike the WIFI adapters when PV Master does the initial broadcast query to discover all inverters on port 48899 - the LAN units respond with a generic HF_E20 (which is the maker High FLying Shanghai Corp) so if you have 3 inverters like i do - you can not tell them apart - just have to select one and continue on - if it is the wrong unit thn back to main screen - wait for the discovery and try another.

BUT - the screen is randomly populated based on which unit responds first so with 3 inverters i can be sitting there for 10 minuts trying to jump in and out

I reinstalled one of the WIFI adapters last night and the presentation in PV Master is much better with at least the serial number tacked onto the end.

I have seen this drop off the network behaviour with the LAN modules also - i believe it is when you send an incorrect request/config to the unit - they go into some sort of reset state for a couple of minutes

Craig

Hi @curto
Although it is off topic, I appreciate that you have published the answer to the Broadcast that the LAN module must deliver, which is obviously different from the answer of the usual standard WIFI module. Coincidentally, one of the users had told me that the software that you know that I develop, does not work correctly with this LAN board and the Goodwe ES 5048.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 2021/08/20 at 6:36 AM, Tinuva said:

There another firmware you need to update, the communication module firmware (sits inside inverter) that is updated separately from the normal firmware. Think it has to show version 13 at the end in SEMS. Mine is on 11

Has anyone had success recently? If so with which ARM version, I mean they are on ARM v17 now, surely one can't stay on ARM 11 forever? 

Does anyone have copies of versions 11 or 13 so I can try please?

On 2023/01/12 at 7:20 AM, rinners said:

Has anyone had success recently? If so with which ARM version, I mean they are on ARM v17 now, surely one can't stay on ARM 11 forever? 

Does anyone have copies of versions 11 or 13 so I can try please?

Logic says that an ARM version 17 should have all the capabilities of a previous version and more... so you shouldn't need to downgrade your firmware and can even be dangerous.

On 8/20/2021 at 1:36 AM, Tinuva said:

To keep my wifi solid at home I use Unifi APs all over and can say my Goodwe have not given me a single issue on wifi yet. Actually none of my wifi stuff give issues unless they really really far away from the APs and have to go through multiple (like 4+) walls.

@Tinuva

Absolutely right, I placed MESH technology Nodes throughout my home and I never again had any problem with the stability of the WIFI Network.

I have to say, I am incredibly frustrated the past couple of days with the wifi module.

Over the weekend, the inverter just stop responding to home assistant, but also stopped updating sems portal. 
On top of that, can't connect to the Solar wifi AP of the wifi module, because it keeps on resetting, so not even able to get into pv master. Its like having an inverter and just flying blind having no clue what is going on.

Eventually was able to get it online by completely powering down the inverter having everything reset and it was back up...for a day!! Then down again from last night.

Did contact Goodwe on the weekend and they responded. Provided me with latest firmware for the wifi module (which I think I was already on) and they also remotely upgraded my ARM firmware to 17.

So eventually I found some segan solar doc, which shows there is a wifi reset/reload button. This coupled with a few more complete shutdowns of the inverter, managed to reset my wifi module settings, where it doesn't connect to wifi at all and this allowed me to get back in. Only to get everything set up and to fail miserably again.

Eventually I figured out, it happens when I change the password of the Solar wifi AP, because who wants to leave it on the default password right? and allow anyone in range to connect. &*#R&*(@#&)*(@*&(@

So NOT changing that password, resetting again, and now it seems I am back online. So much for security.

10 hours ago, Tinuva said:

I have to say, I am incredibly frustrated the past couple of days with the wifi module.

I have noticed an increasing stability of the WIFI module with the successive updates of the ARM firmware. I have been able to verify this with my software by measuring the number of seconds between the disconnection and connection periods (frozen UDP data), it is impossible to see this problem through the SEMS portal, nor are these disconnection events registered in the inverter. I noticed a significant jump in stability with ARM 16 and since ARM 17 I haven't seen any more network disconnections, not even instant ones.

10 hours ago, Tinuva said:

Eventually I figured out, it happens when I change the password of the Solar wifi AP, because who wants to leave it on the default password right? and allow anyone in range to connect. &*#R&*(@#&)*(@*&(@

So NOT changing that password, resetting again, and now it seems I am back online. So much for security.

It never occurred to me to change this password, but thanks a lot for the tip... I guess I'll just have to take my chances and hope my neighbors aren't hackers...  🙄😑

Edited by Cef

22 hours ago, Tinuva said:

Over the weekend, the inverter just stop responding to home assistant, but also stopped updating sems portal. 
On top of that, can't connect to the Solar wifi AP of the wifi module, because it keeps on resetting, so not even able to get into pv master. Its like having an inverter and just flying blind having no clue what is going on.

Eventually was able to get it online by completely powering down the inverter having everything reset and it was back up...for a day!! Then down again from last night.

Did contact Goodwe on the weekend and they responded. Provided me with latest firmware for the wifi module (which I think I was already on) and they also remotely upgraded my ARM firmware to 17.

So eventually I found some segan solar doc, which shows there is a wifi reset/reload button. This coupled with a few more complete shutdowns of the inverter, managed to reset my wifi module settings, where it doesn't connect to wifi at all and this allowed me to get back in. Only to get everything set up and to fail miserably again.

Did you inform Goodwe about this?

On 2023/01/18 at 9:29 AM, rinners said:

Did you inform Goodwe about this?

Yes but the person replying just provided me documentation on how to locate the "wifi reset" button which I already had to use and explained I did. I realised the person didn't quite get what I was on about.

• 8 months later...

So apparently it doesn't like special characters such as the one's above, lol. Haven't played much, but so far with changing to a different basic password it seems to not exhibit the connectivity issues.

Edited by rinners

Have had same connection issues as @Tinuva above.
Had also set a different wifi access password, no special characters.
Worked fine for years, and suddently last week disconnected. A number of resets and inverter restarts I finally got it going again. Again set a non-standard wifi access password.

This morning, offline again. Decided to contact Goodwe support. They gave me a wifi module firmware update (Which I was keen on anyway), but that seems to have bricked the wifi module completely - multiple inverter restarts and pushing / holding that reset button keeps the WIFI light off (and the AP remains un-discoverable).

Inverter out of warranty 🤔

Anybody got a spare WIFI module they're willing to part with? Promise I won't change the AP password again 😂