Sunsynk 5kw data logger

Vani

Question

Hi. My data logger has been going intermittently offline every now and then.

I press the button on the data logger for about 5 seconds and it usually resolves. Sometimes it takes an irregular sequence of button presses to resolve.

I tried connecting directly to the logger to check/re-do the Wi-Fi it is connected to but it still disconnects after a while.

I have not changed any electronics around the logger that could create some RF noise.

Worked well for over a week and then disconnected about 4 times this weekend.

Has anyone had this problem and any resolutions?

7 answers to this question

Hi Vani,

I had the exact same problem with the Deye (Sunsynk) data logger when I installed my system in June this year.

All worked perfectly well for a week or so, then it started disconnecting and reconnecting after about an hour or so. Also tried the restarting thingy etc. I also thought it might have had something to do with the low wifi signal in the garage and that the logger was struggling to maintain a good connection. So I purchased an antenna cable from Ponyting Antennas and extended the small antenna by 5m closer to a better wifi signal. This seemed to work for about a week but then the disconnect problems started again.

In the end I purchased the Solar Assistant Pi system and I haven't looked back since. Real time data logged every 2 seconds and there have been zero dropped connections or data loss from the Pi.

All the best.

Hi

Please refer me to a retailer where i can get this solar assistant Pi system.

Sunsynk is also talking about a new logger due to come that will also allow settings changes in addition to monitoring.

Not sure whether to wait for that to hit the market.

1 hour ago, Tariq said:

i am waiting for the new Sunsynk logger, the Solar Assistant Pi with a RS485 cable is nearly R3000 and they are only coming out in September ( maybe ) with the feature where you can make changes to the system parameters.

Why don't you just build one using Home Assistant @Tariq way better and can do a whole load more than just logging data