Sunsynk 8KW Head Scratcher

ShaunPBO

Hi,

I have a Sunsynk 8kw system with 4x Pylontech US2000 and 12 525w PV.

All works fine except when I untick 'limit to load only'. My understanding is that this will allow excess power to feed back to the 'Non-essential/Eskom' side.

The issue that I'm having is that in this mode I have power 'drop-offs' on 'Non-essential/Eskom' side. I.E. These circuits just have no power(they switch off) for periods. The issue is not load dependent as this happens with high and low loads but as soon as I tick the 'limit to load' the problem stops.

Am I missing something? Please help.

Thanks

7 hours ago, ShaunPBO said:

Hi,

I have a Sunsynk 8kw system with 4x Pylontech US2000 and 12 525w PV.

All works fine except when I untick 'limit to load only'. My understanding is that this will allow excess power to feed back to the 'Non-essential/Eskom' side.

The issue that I'm having is that in this mode I have power 'drop-offs' on 'Non-essential/Eskom' side. I.E. These circuits just have no power(they switch off) for periods. The issue is not load dependent as this happens with high and low loads but as soon as I tick the 'limit to load' the problem stops.

Am I missing something? Please help.

Thanks

The problem stops? The problem of them not getting any power?

@YellowTapemeasure the non essential loads just don't work, the plugs/circuits are dead. And nothing trips.

I might have found the problem, it seems that the prepaid meter(Conlog) is 'tripping' for like a minute, no errors on the meter though. I have turned up the 'Zero Export Power' from 20w to 200w and so far no issues. If this works ill incrementally drop this to the minimum(provided this works of course)... 

1 hour ago, ShaunPBO said:

@YellowTapemeasure the non essential loads just don't work, the plugs/circuits are dead. And nothing trips.

I might have found the problem, it seems that the prepaid meter(Conlog) is 'tripping' for like a minute, no errors on the meter though. I have turned up the 'Zero Export Power' from 20w to 200w and so far no issues. If this works ill incrementally drop this to the minimum(provided this works of course)... 

Thanks for the clarification 😀 Makes sense now, and glad that you have got it sorted!

Conlogs are nasty meters, not the first time that I have heard of them tripping when 0W is drawn.

23 minutes ago, ShaunPBO said:

@branderplank thanks for the info. Ill drop mine if this solves my problem, 200w is such a waste. I believe the Conlog inverters are rather sensitive. What meter do you have?

I have the empire hexing one.

The landys+GYR also seems to be less sensitive to feedback (my parents have one of these).

Edited by branderplank