200A 48V JBD BMS for LiFePO4 for sale, with Bluetooth and RS485

Louisvdw

I have an new unused JBD AP20S004 13-20 cell BMS for sale - R2200.
It has built in bluetooth and RS485 connectivity through the included RS485 to USB cable.
This BMS can connect to Victron’s ESS systen using my driver and you can setup using the bluetooth app from your phone.
BMS is from a project that never materialised.

More details on the model here

20211007_105819

Sorry it's been sold on another forum. 

For some reason PF did not send me email notifications of the PM and replies.

Out of intrest, QUCC does sell these and other JBD models under their brand, but it is JBD made and it use the JBD comms protocol. I have another QUCC BMS that I am currently working to add to my driver and that is actually a relabled AXEBMS. So from my experience QUCC is the relabled seller and not a manufacturer.

1 hour ago, Louisvdw said:

Sorry it's been sold on another forum. 

For some reason PF did not send me email notifications of the PM and replies.

Out of intrest, QUCC does sell these and other JBD models under their brand, but it is JBD made and it use the JBD comms protocol. I have another QUCC BMS that I am currently working to add to my driver and that is actually a relabled AXEBMS. So from my experience QUCC is the relabled seller and not a manufacturer.

Good day, I am also evaluating a contactor based  Qucc BMS. I see the phone app is called AXEBMS.  Out of interest, does the one you have got seperate contactors for charge and discharge?

Regards

5 hours ago, dropkick said:

does the one you have got seperate contactors for charge and discharge

No, this model I am looking at use a common port. This is the model https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002608874846.html

Do you perhaps have an Android app for AXEBMS that is in english. My model can't change from the chinese wich makes it very hard to use. The PC app is also in chinese. Only the manuals is english.

Edited by Louisvdw

11 minutes ago, Louisvdw said:

No, this model I am looking at use a common port. This is the model https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002608874846.html

Do you perhaps have an Android app for AXEBMS that is in english. My model can't change from the chinese wich makes it very hard to use. The PC app is also in chinese. Only the manuals is english.

Thank you, 

Unfortunately not , both the phone and PC app in Chinese ,  according to @87 Dream during his rendezvous with qucc  , feedback is that it's still on their Todo list.

Regarding the contactor question:  The 500A version has split port out of the box , and to combine that, expensive diodes are needed for steering. Bit of a show stopper.

@LouisvdwI just realized that you are the one and same that has done some great work on BMS comms/drivers etc.  That is just great work and you have distinguished yourself.

So I have question you might be able to entertain :  busy hacking the Qucc AFE ( anolgue front end ) and it's a sinowealth SH367309 . Also managed to download the data sheet albeit in Chinese , but Google translate was very good.  Actually impressed with what is packed in it. Question is , do you know the AFE of the later smart Daly models? Would crack myself if they one and same.😊  Was tempted to open up my own Daly ,BUT , the heatsink thermal sandwiches , don't want to scratch where it doesn't itch , plus it's brand new . 

Which begs a brand new question, do you think it's good  to repaste the heatsinks every 3 years or so, like we do with the high end PC graphic cards? I've done it twice , and tell you some paste has turned into crumbed rock to due heat , useless.

51 minutes ago, 87 Dream said:

That is the Kilovac Contactor. Another classic Chinese manufacturing issue. If you open a factory in China, it is not just quality control you have to watch. It is the intellectual property you have to watch even with a more closer eye. 

They make an incredible amount of European & American electronic components & these get made under licence. The thing is that that license is just that. A license. What happens in that factory is not able to be monitored 24/7. So comes the different variants & clones. A lot of the relabelled products are from the original factory.

Same as Automotive. Why is Ferrodo brake pads sharing a similar part number except a G add at the end in a green Land Rover box more expensive?? Case in point.

Which  just confirms that the end-user quality control/assurance  has become more and more important . A nice challenge for us here in the western world , we not obsolete , yet ....

On 2021/10/29 at 3:35 PM, dropkick said:

do you know the AFE of the later smart Daly models

No, I don't know the AFE they use. My work is more focused on the DFE side.
Some of the Daly BMS do use Sinowealth chips, and these have a different comms protocol than the other smart Daly BMS. There is some chip information in the Sinowealth PR, but again these are more on the DFE side.

But be careful. It seems Daly use many different componenets for different models.