Deye 5k Hybrid inverter Buzzing into my PC power Supply and some chargers!

Mahdi

Deye 5k Hybrid inverter Buzzing into my PC power Supply and some chargers!

i have tried fer-rites cores(31&77 materials)
..and RFI AC suppressor
nothing of them worked!
The noise is only there when i am on deye / never when on grid/ generator (directly)

Ek hoor niks... must be too old, but seriously a PC power supply traditionally is a switch mode animal, which should have (if the chinks didn't skimp) some inductor capacitor filtering network (also to prevent noise from the PSU back into the mains cabling) then a rectifier (4 diodes for full wave rectification, but could also only be 2) and smoothing and filtering capacitor(s) to end up at probably 300V DC, more than enough to take you out of the gene pool for good. Then some fancier electronics TL494 was one the more widely used chips to control this beast to oscillate at quite a few 10's or maybe even 100's of kHz if memory doesn't totally fail me. This would drive a transistor or pair of transistors which would run the power into a very small, relatively speaking transformer with quite a few, fairly thick wired, secondary windings which, got rectified by way of a bunch of Schottky diodes and again some smoothing and filtering capacitors, with usually the 5V rail blowing the trumpet/being used as feedback to regulate the secondary side.

Now, taking the high voltage DC into account, I can't see how the inverter could be causing the PC PSU to whistle a different tune, but what do I know...

52 minutes ago, Kalahari Meerkat said:

Now, taking the high voltage DC into account, I can't see how the inverter could be causing the PC PSU to whistle a different tune, but what do I know...

Yea i dont know as much about electronics but its for sure only when you are on the inverter,and is LOUD sometimes,like right now its pretty loud (usually in the middle of the day  but it varies).Pretty annoying ,ive gotten more used to it over the last year but it still sucks. Also pretty strange how if i look at the PSU directly i can hardly hear it but when my head is tilted so my ear is pointing at the PSU its super loud 😢

Ok, all I can imagine is that possibly the input filtering to the PSU, the inductor is virbrating/resonating at the frequency that I'm guessing the inverter is using to produce the 50Hz for our mains frequency, also I'd imagine its 15kHz or more, something my nearly 60-y-old hearing ain't gonna pick up no more... if its a real problem, you could, if you are extremely careful and adventurous, some time take the PSU out of your computer and after disconnecting everything, most importantly the main input to the PSU, crack its lid and see what you can see, sometimes if an inductor was noisy due to the wires moving slightly, one could consider dripping wax/candle wax over the windings to keep them from moving and thus quieting things down in there. All I can think of is that the input filtering is singing in unison with the inverters song, which I honestly can not hear, then again, I have the odd bout of tinnitus which in itself gives me a 15kHz or so tone in my right ear, ahh the follies of youth...

11 minutes ago, Kalahari Meerkat said:

Ok, all I can imagine is that possibly the input filtering to the PSU, the inductor is virbrating/resonating at the frequency that I'm guessing the inverter is using to produce the 50Hz for our mains frequency, also I'd imagine its 15kHz or more, something my nearly 60-y-old hearing ain't gonna pick up no more... if its a real problem, you could, if you are extremely careful and adventurous, some time take the PSU out of your computer and after disconnecting everything, most importantly the main input to the PSU, crack its lid and see what you can see, sometimes if an inductor was noisy due to the wires moving slightly, one could consider dripping wax/candle wax over the windings to keep them from moving and thus quieting things down in there. All I can think of is that the input filtering is singing in unison with the inverters song, which I honestly can not hear, then again, I have the odd bout of tinnitus which in itself gives me a 15kHz or so tone in my right ear, ahh the follies of youth...

same here .. i have tinnitus... the noise from my psu is making my tinnitus seems so loud.

a 220 to 110 transformer fixed the problem as the PSU is universal and its an expensive brand so i doubt the problem from the psu

so is the transformer do some filtering ?

i want a fix for my whole house.. not only my pc

what i could try ? EMI line filter didn't work

fer rite beds didn't( i may have choose wrong fer-rite frequency

e

17 minutes ago, Mahdi said:

i want a fix for my whole house.. not only my pc

Low pass filtering comes to mind, pass anything below, lets say 100Hz... may be an option... else a 5+kW 1:1 50Hz 240V transformer... (expensive and will generate some losses as well as some heat) ideally someone with some test gear, good old analog Oscilloscope etc. should take a look at whats coming out of the inverter, then one can come up with fixes, assuming this isn't actually a fault on the inverter itself. Surely Deye/Sunsynk would put in some filtering to prevent anything but 50Hz from coming out the box...

I wonder if anyone has some circuit diagrams for the these units so one can ascertain whether there should be filtering which, whoopsie, may have been accidentally left out? maybe? anyone?

1 hour ago, Kalahari Meerkat said:

e

Low pass filtering comes to mind, pass anything below, lets say 100Hz... may be an option... else a 5+kW 1:1 50Hz 240V transformer... (expensive and will generate some losses as well as some heat) ideally someone with some test gear, good old analog Oscilloscope etc. should take a look at whats coming out of the inverter, then one can come up with fixes, assuming this isn't actually a fault on the inverter itself. Surely Deye/Sunsynk would put in some filtering to prevent anything but 50Hz from coming out the box...

I wonder if anyone has some circuit diagrams for the these units so one can ascertain whether there should be filtering which, whoopsie, may have been accidentally left out? maybe? anyone?

i have tried this.. it didnt work

isnt it a low pass filter?

71hah6fkKDL._SL1100_.jpg

19 hours ago, Nexuss said:

How many amps was the one you tried rated for ? According to my source the least amount of amps for the appliance the better. I am thinking 5 Amp filter for my 750w psu.

30A for whole house didnt work

Edited by Mahdi

• 1 month later...

So anyone figure our problem yet? 🤔

I was about to give ferite clamps a go and then stumbled upon your post @Mahdi 😂

So to summarize from my side.

1. I had the whole house rewired from the council's cable upwards.
  2. Replaced my old DB and 'upgraded' to Hager circuit breakers.
  3. Removed all cable joints.
  4. Changed from a Dyness battery to a Hubble one with thicker cables.
  5. Added an earth neutral bond relay

Obviously none of the above worked.

3 minutes ago, Overblaze said:

So anyone figure our problem yet? 🤔

I was about to give ferite clamps a go and then stumbled upon your post @Mahdi 😂

So to summarize from my side.

1. I had the whole house rewired from the council's cable upwards.
  2. Replaced my old DB and 'upgraded' to Hager circuit breakers.
  3. Removed all cable joints.
  4. Changed from a Dyness battery to a Hubble one with thicker cables.
  5. Added an earth neutral bond relay

Obviously none of the above worked.

Dont waste your money of ferrite

bought like 20 piece of each type😅 none of them worked wasted over 150$

The only solution is an isolation transformer 

but its an expensive solution 

and am not sure if it will waste energy

On 2022/04/24 at 8:17 PM, Scorp007 said:

Combined effort and still no solution after 2 months?????

No solution dear.. we have sensitive ears.. most of people wont hear it.. but we do..

not just deye.. All High Frequency(transformers)  inverters will do this 

the only solution is a isolation transformer 

20 hours ago, Mahdi said:

the only solution is a isolation transformer 

I'm not convinced of this. Isolation in a transformer generally refers to electrical isolation, as in a very high resistance between the input and output windings, and not necessarily to noise (acoustic or electrical) isolation. A good transformer with low leakage inductance should "faithfully" transfer much of the high frequency spikes from one side to the other. But I'm no expert on this matter.

I suppose some filter that was designed to filter out high frequency noise might be described as isolating, perhaps even (though quite misleadingly) if it didn't perform electrical isolation. But then it would likely not be "transforming" either.

It would be great to "try before you buy", but unfortunately such a device is likely to be extremely heavy, so not something that can be shipped cheaply, nor installed and uninstalled quickly.

6 hours ago, Coulomb said:

I'm not convinced of this. Isolation in a transformer generally refers to electrical isolation, as in a very high resistance between the input and output windings, and not necessarily to noise (acoustic or electrical) isolation. A good transformer with low leakage inductance should "faithfully" transfer much of the high frequency spikes from one side to the other. But I'm no expert on this matter.

I suppose some filter that was designed to filter out high frequency noise might be described as isolating, perhaps even (though quite misleadingly) if it didn't perform electrical isolation. But then it would likely not be "transforming" either.

It would be great to "try before you buy", but unfortunately such a device is likely to be extremely heavy, so not something that can be shipped cheaply, nor installed and uninstalled quickly.

this solution has been offered by Sunsynk support, but never tried it