Deye 12kW 3phase, 2 X 12.5kWh Felicity LFP & 30 x Canadian 440W Mono Solar PV daily progress

Steve87

4 minutes ago, Steve87 said:

@mzezmanyeah it's good to share progress from start to finish especially for the Deye & Sunsynk operators 🤠 Gives a good idea into the logistics & progress expected into such an install. 

It really is... we see so many shortcuts taken and missed items, its a wonder how some installers get by

Looks like a nice install. 

I see so many installs thinking one of these batteries is enough but you definitely need two to make it work properly with a 12kW inverter.

Also interested to see the panel layout per MPPT. I am guessing 2 strings of 9 on MPPT1 and the remaining 12 on MPPT2.

Edited by Milan188

I had the oppurtunity today to see the Deye 12KW. It is a machine of note.  It doesnt hide its presence, it actually announces it. 

My final take on the system is you dont really need a management and information system with this configuration, it has everything in abundance, no input from a mortal required, it will manage itself. 

Its expensive though. 

Edited by BritishRacingGreen

I reached out to Felicity Battery manufacturers & they have been very very supportive to pair the Felicity with the Deye & have sent me all the supporting documents. I will post updates as this unfolds probably over the next 2 days. I have been assigned to a Chinese Engineer via Wattsapp & I must say very impressive bunch so far. 

17 hours ago, Steve87 said:

I reached out to Felicity Battery manufacturers & they have been very very supportive to pair the Felicity with the Deye & have sent me all the supporting documents. I will post updates as this unfolds probably over the next 2 days. I have been assigned to a Chinese Engineer via Wattsapp & I must say very impressive bunch so far. 

Do you know if they can be repaired locally if something goes wrong?

One very successful day was had. The Felicity batteries paired beautifully on the first attempt. Master & slave settings & dip switching was seemless. The Comms cable will need to be self made & crimped. The quality of these units is very apparent. Powder coated mild steel covered & all the connectors are in the rear, with good sized M8 thread busbars. I have had pretty good support from Niko in China via Wattsapp. He sent me supporting documents & he confirmed that the protocol is Pylontech RS485. 

He provided all pin outs & docs. Time will tell if these units are any good but I must admit the installation support was impressive & the quality of the product was great. The trolley on wheels make a heck of a lot of sense. 

What can I say about the SunDeye Inverter is that it was a pleasure to install. It's a high quality product that comes at a premium price. The External Neutral to Earth Bonding relay is a bit of pain but hey it's a necessity. PV & DC combiner routing & cables to follow on Monday. Have a lekker weekend everyone!! 🍺🍺🍺

IMG-20221118-WA0004.jpg

IMG-20221118-WA0005.jpg

IMG-20221118-WA0006.jpg

IMG-20221118-WA0003.jpg