SPCA Funding - September 2018

Energy-Jason

I would love us to start donations goals. If we have any excess capital that we can contribute to needy organizations. Powerforum will be happy to be the proxy to facilitate this - from and behalf of our members if they wish to be named - any charity we all decide on.  The Bank EFT and or Items will be posted as proof of transaction to the organization we choose.

Let us make use of our New Donation Goal App and payment system. I have a passion for animals. Here are some pics of my partner and I doing the rounds. The Poor Renault was almost bottomed out :> 

Please find the Link to make a donation on the bottom of the forums homepage : www.powerforum.co.za

Please note a Paypal Account is NOT Required to make a donation. We make use of their secure facilities: 

All payments and transactions are processed offsite with the use of PAYPAL'S secure online payment system, ensuring all transactions are perfectly secure. A PAYPAL account is not required to make use of the payment system.

PayPal is one of the most recognized and trusted payment solutions for web and mobile. Over 152 million potential customers. In 2013, more than 23% of the world’s e-commerce was processed via PayPal with more than 9 million payments processed on a daily basis.

For more information about PAYPAL : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PayPal

Sincerely

Jason Back

1005473_556125741118369_66895398_n.jpg

1011059_664280066969602_1322418731_n.jpg

1098311_556122391118704_1944834850_n.jpg

1098491_556122364452040_102019692_n.jpg

1149060_556122491118694_1423961979_n.jpg

1903001_664280133636262_1937390984_n.jpg

1981925_664280033636272_1538338475_n.jpg

7 hours ago, Energy said:

I feel we need to do as much as we can do to help

indeed @Energy! and i am sure many forumites do help BUT might find it a bit infringing to do so online or through this forum... could be seen as invasion of privacy. for instance the problem can start at the definition of what is a 'charity'. one person's charity could be the hard of hearing and vision impaired whereas my 'charity' is purely for the expansion of the kingdom of Christ - and we can see where that leaves the spca or cansa. the choice of a charity is very problematic as well, as some of them abuse their not for profit status for the enrichment of directors, be they 'pastors' or whatever. i will not stand in the way of people who would want to use this forum as a conduit, but i will continue in my way, which by the way includes ad hoc giving in line with your above example [old lady] - i hold to the words of Christ in james 2:16 [in context!] "And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what doth it profit?", for the vast majority of 'givers' do so to placate their consciences and keep their hands from getting dirty. :)

Personally I give to the local CPC (pregnancy care center) and recently I also donated towards the cancer treatment of a girl in my church, also in my son's school (it was on Carte Blance recently, ground-breaking stuff). Sadly the treatment failed and there is very little left that can be done for her. For the most part I don't talk about this too much. Everyone has to contribute where they feel called.

3 hours ago, gabriel said:

i am sure many forumites do help BUT might find it a bit infringing to do so online or through this forum

And some may not  and some may even  be comfortable with using an online platform.... the may and may not's  are many and so are the differences between people. 

I think this should be kept simple. If someone  strongly believe  in a certain cause, lets add that cause. Maybe someone else feels just as strong about that cause and clicks on the donate button. No harm done to no one. If you feel that you do enough in your community, school, church or where ever you help, then the Donate button is not for you. 

The internet is filled with donate buttons and crypto addresses you can use to show your support for the cause or development of something you like ext, but it remains your choice to use them or not. 

In short, lets allow the option to support different causes, and even if its not for you, please dont let it bother you.. 

I mainly donate to child feeding schemes, here in the WC.  Just something about hungry (food and school) kids that gets me.

So, adding causes here is a very good idea. Make a list where people cannot comment on, just view the list, so that more plights are known.

KIS - the really simple part - how, when and to whom, say me, then donate to, that is no-ones business, not even the charity, I donate to.

And if I donate to a charity listed here on PF (sorry, no animals, kids yes), I would mention PowerForum, if possible.

KIS

Edited by Guest

13 minutes ago, Jaco de Jongh said:

Any suggestions, maybe one or two of your favorite ones, you want on that list?

Will send you a PM with the details.

ok, great - i think i had this wrong.

lets have a section with an alphabetical list of charities [maybe some detail of each],  you check one or two and click on a donate button with an amount or a custom amount... and by some 'magic' process [paypal :ph34r:] money gets sucked out of your purse and deposited into theirs. this presupposes you have a paypal account. this also excludes the money going through a 3rd party account [except paypal]

in order to get a charity [must be not for profit registered?] on the list pm @energy, this whole process stays anonymous - except if you want to get a section 18 certificate from the charity for sars, then i suggest you'll have to approach the charity directly.

does the above make sense :huh:

14 minutes ago, gabriel said:

... if you want to get a section 18 certificate from the charity for sars ...

O I definitely want that Certificate for some charities. My contribution to help the Gov distribute the funds properly see.

And then there are the charities where there are no tax benefit. They must also be wisely supported, as Gov does not even know of them.

5 hours ago, gabriel said:

... as some of them abuse their not for profit status for the enrichment of directors, be they 'pastors' or whatever.

Read some time back about massive charities driven / supported by prominent actors / politicians in the States, getting millions / billions in donations.

Yet 1% or less actually reach the people the money was intended for. Rest is gobbled up in legitimate "costs", as allowed by their laws.

Puerto Rico after they where hit by that last hurricane, comes to mind. 

Therein me saying we must be wise. Money must go where it is USED, for the purpose intended.

We must make the effort to check it is indeed so.

2 hours ago, Jaco de Jongh said:

And some may not  and some may even  be comfortable with using an online platform.... the may and may not's  are many and so are the differences between people. 

I think this should be kept simple. If someone  strongly believe  in a certain cause, lets add that cause. Maybe someone else feels just as strong about that cause and clicks on the donate button. No harm done to no one. If you feel that you do enough in your community, school, church or where ever you help, then the Donate button is not for you. 

The internet is filled with donate buttons and crypto addresses you can use to show your support for the cause or development of something you like ext, but it remains your choice to use them or not. 

In short, lets allow the option to support different causes, and even if its not for you, please dont let it bother you.. 

Very good write up. Thank you.