Anyone using the new MultiPlus-II GX?

Crankshaft

It is brand new model and they got clever and included a VenusGX.

Not sure of the price yet or if it is on "the list" yet.

Once it is on "the list" I may just sell my setup and go for one. 

EDIT: But then again, sitting on my hands, I have all that the new models can give bar a slightly higher draw at night. Bleh.

Edited by Guest

I've had the privilege of working on this new board for a while now. It's a nanopi-based board. It has 4 cores and runs at 1.2Ghz, so it is by far the fastest board in the Victron stable. There's work in the pipeline to improve the text on the display.

19 hours ago, Crankshaft said:

Anyway, I would have waited for the GX version if I had known it was on the horizon.

As right as you are saying this, I have found over the last 10 years that every time one buys anything, inverter, car, Cell, within months you see a newer better product.

We just won't win. 🙂 

How I console myself is that when the parts are separate, I have more "flexibility" over time ... that keeps my finger off the mouse hovering over the "Place Order" button.

Hope this helps a wee bit.

36 minutes ago, The Terrible Triplett said:

As right as you are saying this, I have found over the last 10 years that every time one buys anything, inverter, car, Cell, within months you see a newer better product.

We just won't win. 🙂 

How I console myself is that when the parts are separate, I have more "flexibility" over time ... that keeps my finger off the mouse hovering over the "Place Order" button.

I have found over the last 10 years that even if my finger wants to click the "order now" button my bank account will always reject it.

18 hours ago, plonkster said:

I've had the privilege of working on this new board for a while now. It's a nanopi-based board. It has 4 cores and runs at 1.2Ghz, so it is by far the fastest board in the Victron stable. There's work in the pipeline to improve the text on the display.

what dos the "GX" stand for in all the devices?

28 minutes ago, stoic said:

I have found over the last 10 years that even if my finger wants to click the "order now" button my bank account will always reject it.

O yea, there is that too! 🤣

24 minutes ago, stoic said:

what dos the "GX" stand for in all the devices?

Great eXperiences ... 

1 hour ago, The Terrible Triplett said:

We just won't win. 🙂 

Thank you, Triplett.  I've also used the same line of reasoning to stop the itch.

• 5 months later...
On 2020/02/22 at 6:14 PM, Johnboy said:

Hi anyone had issues with connecting wifi❓❓

If you plug in an external USB WiFi dongle (one that is supported) it will be used over the internal one. You could use a USB extension cable with the dongle at the end to get better reception. That's one way to deal with it. The internal antenna doesn't have the best range.

In general it is better to use a wired connection, regardless of what GX device you use.

40 minutes ago, Mark said:

This new addition looks great as well!

https://www.victronenergy.com/panel-systems-remote-monitoring/cerbo-gx

Got everything!

Yeah, stock levels are low though, the first batches sold out really quickly.

In terms of processing power it's not the fastest unit. It is a lot faster than the CCGX and the Venus-GX, but not as fast as the Nanopi based board in the Multi -GX models. And the Raspberry Pi remains the fastest supported platform, with a quad core 1.2Ghz processor 🙂

Anyway, I would have waited for the GX version if I had known it was on the horizon.

Back in the early 1980's we sold the world's first portable PC, the Osborne. It was very popular.

Then Osborne announced that the new "deluxe" model with all the latest bells and whistles would be available in 6 months.

Sales immediately fell to zero, worldwide, as everyone held off buying until the new model was available.

Suffice to say  the company almost immediately failed due to no cash flow. The deluxe model never made it to market. Osborne was no more.

Since then most companies seem to have learnt the Osborne lesson. Never announce a new product until it is on the shelves.