flat roof mounting with conrete ballasts

Fazil

Good day guys

Where in GP is the best place to buy flat roof mounting with concrete ballasts?

I buy from the usual guys but they dont offer mounting with concrete ballasts at a central shop.

Something like this I have in mind.

ballasted-solar-1024x701.jpg

Edited by Fazil
spelling error

2 hours ago, Fazil said:

I will send you the number for an installer in your area that uses a system that you fill with water, it then closes and the water cant evaporate. I am not sure where he buys it, but it does not penetrate the concrete roof and compromise its integrity. The containers are very light and afterwards you dont need to hall concrete slabs or containers full of ballast stones up unto the roof, you just run a hosepipe up there and you are sorted. 

On 2019/10/08 at 7:21 PM, Fazil said:

Good day guys

Hi Fazil, I know this may sound odd to many but why not laying the panels flat on the roof?

1386271177_FlatmountedPurmerend.thumb.jpg.259fa86bda62ac961b5e20393126083f.jpg

Like this. I made this for a customer in Purmerend which is 52,5 degrees north of the equator. SA is closer to the equator so should give even better results.

22 minutes ago, DeepBass9 said:

In summer the sun is only 5 degrees from vertical, but winter production would be really poor.

Not a dead loss though by any means:

I think the biggest losses will come from the fact that panels need to be at least 15 degrees to self-clean in the rain.

GP flat panel.JPG

3 hours ago, phil.g00 said:

Not a dead loss though by any means:

I think the biggest losses will come from the fact that panels need to be at least 15 degrees to self-clean in the rain.

GP flat panel.JPG

Exactly, you will have to clean your panels more. About this picture, where did you get that from?

@DeepBass9 Its not as bad as you would expect but then here in Holland we still have netmetering so its much easier than the situation in SA.