Is my generation graph normal?

I had my system installed about three weeks ago. I'm still getting to know all the intricacies, which I am enjoying. 

I am wondering if my PV generation graph is "normal"? Today was a good generation day without much cloud, so a good day to analyze. My generation gradually trickled up to about 300w and then shot up to 1.46kW at about 8.45am. It seems to do this daily, but today there were no clouds. At the end of the day, it trickles down, no sudden spike like in the morning. 

Does this sound right? 

System spec: 8kW sunsynk inverter, 12 x 420W Canadian Solar panels and a couple batteries. 40 degree pitch, facing about 340 degrees. No shade at all. Grid was up during the entire time in question. 

Attached is a screen shot of the days generation, showing the query. 

Screenshot_20210405_213700_com.igen.rrgf.jpg

1 hour ago, Craigm said:

I had my system installed about three weeks ago. I'm still getting to know all the intricacies, which I am enjoying. 

I am wondering if my PV generation graph is "normal"? Today was a good generation day without much cloud, so a good day to analyze. My generation gradually trickled up to about 300w and then shot up to 1.46kW at about 8.45am. It seems to do this daily, but today there were no clouds. At the end of the day, it trickles down, no sudden spike like in the morning. 

Does this sound right? 

System spec: 8kW sunsynk inverter, 12 x 420W Canadian Solar panels and a couple batteries. 40 degree pitch, facing about 340 degrees. No shade at all. Grid was up during the entire time in question. 

Attached is a screen shot of the days generation, showing the query. 

Screenshot_20210405_213700_com.igen.rrgf.jpg

Looks perfectly normal. 

Mine from today. 

Screenshot_20210405-231621_solarman.jpg

12 minutes ago, Brani said:

In the morning, due to sun coming out lower and at the angle, you don’t have much current to “kick in” the MPPT. In summer this will improve. Based on production of nearly 30kWh, I would think your panels orientation is good. It looks perfectly normal and it will improve in summer. 
looks like you either use a lot or have enough storage capacity, well balanced system.

well done!

I think he feeds back to the grid

11 hours ago, stoic said:

yup..... that looks normal too me.

the sharp incline morning could be due to shadow being casted or the orientation of the panels. your panels are probably facing a little bit more west than they are supposed to.

If I'm understanding the 340 degree angle correctly, the panels are pointed twenty degrees East. So if the sun rises in the West, early in the morning, until it gets high enough in the sky, the sun will be shining into the back of these panels. The jump is likely the moment they don't just get light reflected by the atmosphere, but direct sunlight.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, GreenFields said:

If I'm understanding the 340 degree angle correctly, the panels are pointed twenty degrees East. So if the sun rises in the West, early in the morning, until it gets high enough in the sky, the sun will be shining into the back of these panels. The jump is likely the moment they don't just get light reflected by the atmosphere, but direct sunlight.

Same same, but opposite. I think?

14 hours ago, stoic said:

yup..... that looks normal too me.

the sharp incline morning could be due to shadow being casted or the orientation of the panels. your panels are probably facing a little bit more west than they are supposed to.

Attached picture shows the slight orientation to the west. So, theoretically, I should start producing slightly later than a perfectly oriented array, but generate slightly better than average into the afternoon.  I am not worried about my setup, I just like to understand how it works.

House.PNG

Edited by Craigm

2 hours ago, Craigm said:

Same same, but opposite. I think?

Good grief, sorry, had my Easts and Wests reversed. But yes, same thing. Slightly less production earlier in the morning, more production later in the afternoon, peak later in the day, and overall lower production than if pointed Northwards, in the order of maybe 5% lower. Just rough thumbsuck.