Small Battery To Start With?

Atmosphere

I have a 5K Dyness 

I haven't been too concerned about loadshedding... And my system is primarily Grid tied... but with looking increasing stages of loadshedding, I actually lose money if the grid is off and obviously during loadshedding I don't have electricity from the solar. 

If I want to get a small battery to start off with, can anyone provide me with some suggestions and/or the thought process in this regard? 

Money is a bit tight, so I know it does not make sense to eg. Buy a small 2.4 dyness if I want to link it to few other bigger ones later. And I should probably start off with a 5K lifepo4 battery... But I might just have to go for the very smallest/cheapest!? Right? 

Some people say Pylontech can link irrespective of size... But then other people say you should not mix the different types of Pylontech and stick to a matched capacity between the batteries. 

Simple question... What is a good battery to start off with?

Im not looking to run the "whole house" through the night... If loadshedding happens... I'm asleep! I just want power while the sun is shining, and be able to work on my laptop while there's loadshedding during the day. 

What battery do I go with? 

Tia! 

Edited by Atmosphere

Hi @Atmosphere

Yes you can start with the small dyness especially during the day where the solar will do the heavy lifting.

The reason you can start with the small dyness is that 4 small dyness is what is in the big powerbox. They are equal to the small pylontech.

Eventually you buy 4 of them to meet the inverter requirements. 

16 hours ago, Atmosphere said:

I have a 5K Dyness 

I haven't been too concerned about loadshedding... And my system is primarily Grid tied... but with looking increasing stages of loadshedding, I actually lose money if the grid is off and obviously during loadshedding I don't have electricity from the solar. 

If I want to get a small battery to start off with, can anyone provide me with some suggestions and/or the thought process in this regard? 

Money is a bit tight, so I know it does not make sense to eg. Buy a small 2.4 dyness if I want to link it to few other bigger ones later. And I should probably start off with a 5K lifepo4 battery... But I might just have to go for the very smallest/cheapest!? Right? 

Some people say Pylontech can link irrespective of size... But then other people say you should not mix the different types of Pylontech and stick to a matched capacity between the batteries. 

Im not looking to run the "whole house" through the night... If loadshedding happens... I'm asleep! I just want power while the sun is shining, and be able to work on my laptop while there's loadshedding during the day. 

Tia! 

I was in the same boat when I started my solar journey, I ended up getting this

https://lithiumbatteriessa.co.za/collections/built-units/products/lbsa-5-1kwh-48v-lifepo4-wall-mount-smart-battery

I'm happy with it and have been using it for a month so far.

17 hours ago, Atmosphere said:

I have a 5K Dyness 

Tia! 

There is used Pylons US2000 for sale on the classifieds, check if the seller is willing to sell you one and if you need more at any point, you will be able to expand. They work well with US3000, so you can pair those two types.