Scam alert?

Word of advice.

Do not deal with these people. I purchased a 48V, 160AH Lithium battery and an incorrect type was delivered.

A 48V, 120AH unit was delivered and it came without any documents, manual, warranty, etc...

Also, an invoice was issued via email, but they are not VAT registered.

They do not respond to any form of communication, since delivery.

17 hours ago, Taffy-D said:

Word of advice.

Do not deal with these people. I purchased a 48V, 160AH Lithium battery and an incorrect type was delivered.

A 48V, 120AH unit was delivered and it came without any documents, manual, warranty, etc...

Also, an invoice was issued via email, but they are not VAT registered.

They do not respond to any form of communication, since delivery.

Not going to lie, I'm surprised you got anything at all. That was quite the gamble.

11 hours ago, JoeyhZA said:

Not going to lie, I'm surprised you got anything at all. That was quite the gamble.

That is probably the reason why the person or the group of people behind those scam websites are so successful. Instead of stealing the money outright, they deliver some fauly/stolen/end of life batteries. It's much more difficult to make a case with the police in such situation. You got the goods which you paid for and probably if caught, they can argue, they never advertised the batteries to be brand new in first place. There is another thread somewhere about one of those scam sites, where someone else got an old scratched battery wrapped in rubbish bin plastic bag.

• 2 weeks later...

I was scammed by this company aswell Stellen Solar / stellensolar.co.za I ordered a 8.2KWH Lithium-ion(BlackFriday 60% Off Sale) Free Delivery then received an invoice saying they only accept transfers with their details and invoice was sent to me. payment was made and 2 days later I received a delivery via an uber driver so that way we cannot trace their address a battery was sent that was not what I ordered. the name of the battery was rubbed off when got the battery checked this is what they sold me a GITER 2.56kWh battery which is not working and will not work with my growatt inverter. so please beware guys don't make the mistake I've made. There is no way of getting your money back as they block you thereafter.

apparently they are also trading with this website details 

https://solar-boks.co.za/index.php/contact/

Solar Boks 

aswell as this site also, this scamming  operation they are running is big 
https://solarflow.co.za/?fbclid=IwAR0WgkBt_KY8blUtI8PhsbFIdmjN6MrntAHGLX76IEhEBRgiD8YmfR9MKPc

Solar Flow

Edited by safina

• 4 weeks later...

Can I add my 2 cents worth.

https://wholesale-solar.co.za/product/6kw-lithium-ion-batteries-black-friday-month-50-off-sale/#reviews

Notice the 2 photographs do not match.

The sideways shot shows the front of a LCR battery which I bought 2 weeks ago from Sunrun(Pty)Ltd who also disappeared off the face of the earth.

The battery I received was in "original packaging" and seems to be all right. I was also supplied with a manual and then when I started asking for the comms info for the can-bus the company phone went on voicemail, the site died and the emails are returned undelivered.

I have been able to trace "LCR Battery in Hong Kong" and have asked for more information.

I have been chasing a number of websites that all seem to end up with the same voice with either a Peter or a Mark answering the phone.

The trick is to ask a technical question and then the fun begins.

Can anyone contribute to this argument.

• 5 weeks later...

These guys have multiple sites, it is truly amazing that they getting away with this for so long

I guess it just shows everyone is a law to themselves.

I think you would be lucky to receive anything, once you paid you wont hear from them again, the only way to contact them will be to use a different email and they think its a new customer

Their sites are fairly simple to spot, the wording and pricing is very similar. There is also a counter for the deal end and free delivery is the big indicator

They also jump onto these forums and post positive "stories"

They must be making money as they been active for years.

• 1 year later...

I've found differenet sites in 2023 that seem to also be doing the same thing.

I wanted to notify the authorities, so I phoned the Fraud Hot Line (only to find that the lady said that number was for government departments only - would you beleive it the government have thier own fraud line), so I contacted the DTI (the guy their tried to help with where I could get help (1/ to check the validity of the business - no easy if you don't have Company Reg Number, so you have to do just a company name trace, but it's too broad to do. 2/ to contact the Presidency web address - yeah that's correct, I had to email ([email protected]) and make my case that these businesses are fraudulent.

https://autofit.co.za/

That is one of the sites.

Does anyone else, know where I can get these websites banned, in the US it is a easier process to stopped by scammers by notifying certain organisations (these scammers are probably not even in this country, the guy I spoke with yesterday morning seem to have a Nigerian on digital and when I asked to find more information product names and details - he replied that they don't do model information, how dumb of an answers is that?). 

Edited by Hybrid-Lithium