5kW Sunsynk/ Hubble install (another one)

conradl

So, my install was done yesterday :)

Summary:

1 x 5kW Sunsynk Inverter and

14 x 455W JA Solar panels

2 x Hubble AM2 batteries (another one planned for)

Installation took appx 6 hours and I'm very happy with attention to detail that team applied, to the DB as well as what's "hidden" the trunking and main DB.

Lessons learnt (if anyone else ever encounters a similar situation):

We had issues with the inverter "tripping" with a F20 (overcurrent) error intermittently. This happened on and off without a definite idea of why it was happening. No issues at night and the house was running off the batteries fine through the night. This morning, Leshen checked on the system and at around 10am the error started popping up non-stop. The inverter would trip (power ironically stayed on in the house), and alarm for 2/3 minutes before going back to normal. it would run alright from 1minute - 10minutes and trip with the same error. Leshen came over and did some investigation. Finally, there is only one SPD installed in the DB with both Negative poles of the PV string connected to one SPD. Leshen then connected each String to its own SPD, and it's solved the problem (touch wood)! 

I want to thank @Leshen and his team again. The Customer service really is great! Also thank you to Steve of PowerStore for supplying the equipment.

20220206_140724.jpg

20220206_141211.jpg

20220206_140259.jpg

49 minutes ago, conradl said:

So, my install was done yesterday :)

Summary:

1 x 5kW Sunsynk Inverter and

14 x 455W JA Solar panels

2 x Hubble AM2 batteries (another one planned for)

Installation took appx 6 hours and I'm very happy with attention to detail that team applied, to the DB as well as what's "hidden" the trunking and main DB.

Lessons learnt (if anyone else ever encounters a similar situation):

We had issues with the inverter "tripping" with a F20 (overcurrent) error intermittently. This happened on and off without a definite idea of why it was happening. No issues at night and the house was running off the batteries fine through the night. This morning, Leshen checked on the system and at around 10am the error started popping up non-stop. The inverter would trip (power ironically stayed on in the house), and alarm for 2/3 minutes before going back to normal. it would run alright from 1minute - 10minutes and trip with the same error. Leshen came over and did some investigation. Finally, there is only one SPD installed in the DB with both Negative poles of the PV string connected to one SPD. Leshen then connected each String to its own SPD, and it's solved the problem (touch wood)! 

I want to thank @Leshen and his team again. The Customer service really is great! Also thank you to Steve of PowerStore for supplying the equipment.

20220206_140724.jpg

20220206_141211.jpg

20220206_140259.jpg

Thank you Conrad for your support and for being such an understanding client. 

It was a pleasure doing your installation. 

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
14 hours ago, Leshen said:

35mm on the 5kw and 50mm on the 8kw 

Thanks @Leshen

I am no electrician, and only dabble slightly, so forgive my ignorance.

I am trying to understand why, what looks to be a +200amp battery fuse disconnector, would be installed, when the 5kw has a max charge/discharge of 100amp, and the Hubble AM2 as a max of 115amp charge/discharge rate (old one has 100amp max). The only reason I can think is that you upgrade to an inverter that can handle a higher DC charging rate. Is that the reason? 

11 hours ago, Saliegh said:

Thanks @Leshen

I am no electrician, and only dabble slightly, so forgive my ignorance.

I am trying to understand why, what looks to be a +200amp battery fuse disconnector, would be installed, when the 5kw has a max charge/discharge of 100amp, and the Hubble AM2 as a max of 115amp charge/discharge rate (old one has 100amp max). The only reason I can think is that you upgrade to an inverter that can handle a higher DC charging rate. Is that the reason? 

The fuses are rated at 125A