BETA FIRMWARE AXPERT MAX 8 KW >>>MPPT improvement<<< (Based on stable 90.06)

Georg594

First Release for Axpert max 8KW  (with removable Display )

(Based on stable 90.06).

This Firmware is testet on original Axpert max 8KW from Solarpower24 and works great.

If you have a clone be careful (Error F90 is active in this release)

MPPT minimum Voltage is now 200V (if someone need this limit lower >>> let me know)

(if someone need individual MPPT minimum Limits for PV1 or PV2 inputs eg. 150V &250V  >>>let me know)

Most improvments are in low light and startup without direct sun (90V limit &  Power reduction below 0,6A MPPT input current)

There is another ~90v limit build in the Hardware,the current is very low (<0,2A) ,but maybe you will notice ( Internal power Supply will start to work ).

If there is something i missed, please report here

Use at your own risk

8KW.zip

15 hours ago, Georg594 said:

MPPT minimum Voltage is now 200V (if someone need this limit lower >>> let me know)

I think that this isn't the best way to fix this problem; in some circumstances, presumably with low sun, the maximum power point might be below 200 V. By making the minimum MPPT voltage 200 V, you won't be getting maximum power under those conditions.

I think it's better to fix the logic where the firmware does the wrong thing and forces the voltage set point very low, yet still allows the voltage set point to go as low as 90 V when that actually is appropriate. My feeling is that under very low sun conditions, the firmware takes a path to incorrect/buggy code that traps the panels at very low voltage, even when the sun strength improves later, thus missing out on a lot of PV production.

But if this patch fixes the gross problems (i.e. preventing the panels from getting trapped at very low voltage) while introducing only a slight efficiency hit under some conditions, that's already a big improvement. It's just that there may be an even better patch possible. I think @Georg594 and I should discuss this off-line, but in the meantime, it will be interesting to see how many owners see a massive improvement from this patch.

Here a view of the mppt Firmware working.

You see it Starts strait Up No more limitation even in very dark or cloudy situations.

The graph is Power Not the voltage.

In the evening also the Last bit of solar Power will be converted and used .

Screen Shot of the start  

2025409027_Screenshot_20221013-1403433.thumb.png.61a442544d896db78e14171671596573.png

Hi everyone, i have the same inverter easun isolar smw8k, i already tried the versions of firmware 90.14, 91.04 and 92.14, all i have from easun, downloaded from a voltronic server, that conclude that is not a clone. All the firmwares have the same problem with the mppt in the morning. George, if u can make the firmware not to put the pv in short from the 1st second of light would be superb. That what sais coulomb is true...what can we do.with whis problem? In Romania we are a lot of people with this inverter....we are waiting for a sollution...thank u 

29 minutes ago, add1c7ed55 said:

Must tell u that on Easun Smw8k i could flash only with Arena Flasher tool, with Reflash Tool X Series, didnt work, block the process after open the port. Dont know why

Can't find Arena Flasher tool
Please send a link to download Arena Flasher tool
Thank you!

It's good news that EAsun have a directory on a Voltronic server, i think too.

If I understand well, we don't know exactly how error F90 trigger work but normally it's not caused by a firmware update

The only way to know before 60days if you are concerned is to issue a QBOOT command but I don't know exactly how to do and I understand Coulomb don't want to explain too much the procedure.

If F90 error occurs it's the purpose of AxpertSN program which is too on the link you provided and it's suspicious they store this file here at the same place.

But I believe that serial contained in the program need to match yours and I don't believe you can change it in the program by yourself (or maybe by editing the SN.txt file but I don't know)

The other question is why you are only able to flash with ARENAInvFlashTool and not with Reflash Tool X series, Is someone can explain this ?

Maybe it's possible to copy dsp.hex content to VP5.inv file to use ARENA flasher instead ?

Last question, how do you contact EASUN ? by mail adress/ phone ? Can you give us this information ?

probably due to the fact that easun gave me firmware directly from voltronic, it's a good thing because 1. it assumes this firmware and any problems that arise, and 2. it's not a clone.

I talk to easun through Anna oe whatsapp, she deals with sales on alibaba, and offers support only to those who buy through her.

I don't want to do qboot...maybe I'm doing other stupid things. We are waiting 60 days, I hope nothing bad happens, but even if it does, there is probably a reflash or downgrade solution, Coulomb or George can explain it to us.

3 hours ago, sharkut said:

The other question is why you are only able to flash with ARENAInvFlashTool and not with Reflash Tool X series, Is someone can explain this ?

These two reflash tools use different commands to initiate the reflash process. Usually different hardware usually has firmware that expects a different reflash command, so you can't brick your inverter by loading incompatible firmware to it.

So when you use the wrong reflash tool, it sends a command, the inverter just NAKs it (sends a Negative AcKnowledge, i.e. valid message not received), and the inverter and reflash tool ignore each other. Eventually the reflash tool should time out, and display some error message.

So I'm very confused by reports that some users can run 90.xx firmware and also 91.04 and 92.04. I'm still of the opinion that 91.04 and 92.04 are not designed for the same hardware as 90.xx is. Despite the fact that the QGMN (Query General Model Name) command, which I assume is supposed to declare what exact model the inverter is designed for, return the same codes (44 and 45 for 230 V and 120 V versions).

Then to add more spice, the Arena reflash tool seems to trigger virus checkers, including the one on Google Drive. Hopefully it's a false positive; there have been false positives in the past. But it makes it hard to move these files around.

Yet more confusion: some 90.xx are 8 kW firmwares, and some are 7.2 kW firmwares. But some of the 7.2 kW firmwares are 45.xx.

3 hours ago, add1c7ed55 said:

probably due to the fact that easun gave me firmware directly from voltronic, it's a good thing because 1. it assumes this firmware and any problems that arise, and 2. it's not a clone.

Yes, that seems to strongly suggest that at least some EASun models are not clones. I suspect that EASun used to be a clone brand in the past, but now they are a regular reseller of genuine Voltronic models.

But all the weird version numbers and incompatible reflash commands seem to be EASun specific, and that suggests that they aren't genuine.

I talk to easun through Anna oe whatsapp, she deals with sales on alibaba, and offers support only to those who buy through her.

That's standard for Voltronic resellers. Voltronic themselves don't want to talk to customers, and each reseller only wants to deal with their own customers.

I don't want to do qboot...maybe I'm doing other stupid things. We are waiting 60 days, I hope nothing bad happens, but even if it does, there is probably a reflash or downgrade solution, Coulomb or George can explain it to us.

That should be possible, if it comes to that.

1 hour ago, add1c7ed55 said:

But how do we solve the problem with voltage blocking?

It seems that you need a patched version 91.04 or similar. I thought 91.04, which changes the code that I thought caused this problem, would fix it.

So perhaps patching 91.04 with Georg's changes would do it. Do not attempt to "crosswire" reflash tools and hex files; that will likely cause big problems.

I will need a few days to figure out what 92.04 is about, and how to port Georg's changes. After PMs with him, I'd say he won't be able to patch 91.04 or 92.04, for technical reasons. Or at least, it will need to be done a different way, which won't be so easy.

Edited by Coulomb

10 minutes ago, Coulomb said:

Se pare că aveți nevoie de o versiune corectată 91.04 sau similară. M-am gândit că 91.04, care schimbă codul despre care credeam că a cauzat această problemă, o va rezolva.

Așa că, poate, corectarea 91.04 cu modificările lui Georg ar face asta. Nu încercați să „încrucișați” instrumentele și fișierele hexadecimale; care probabil va cauza mari probleme.

Voi avea nevoie de câteva zile pentru a-mi da seama despre ce este 92.04 și cum să port modificările lui Georg. După PM-uri cu el, aș spune că nu va putea patch-ul 91.04 sau 92.04, din motive tehnice. Sau cel puțin, va trebui să fie făcut într-un mod diferit, ceea ce nu va fi atât de ușor.

I understand. 91.04 and 92.04 are the only ones that can reflash them, I was wondering if it would be possible to modify these versions. The idea is that 91.04 and 92.04 work worse than my 72.03, in the sense that to start the voltage it needs at least 3A per mppt, 72.03 needs 1/2A.

Would it be possible to modify 92.04 to start the mppt at 0.5A alone?

9 hours ago, add1c7ed55 said:

The idea is that 91.04 and 92.04 work worse than my 72.03,

Unfortunately, I've never heard of 72.03, or any 72.xx firmware for 8 kW models.

9 hours ago, add1c7ed55 said:

Would it be possible to modify 92.04 to start the mppt at 0.5A alone?

Maybe.

4 hours ago, Coulomb said:

Unfortunately, I've never heard of 72.03, or any 72.xx firmware for 8 kW models.

Maybe.

All the 8kw inverters from easun comes with this firmware. Dont know why. Pls if can check this problem we are so much people with max 8k and we need a sollution...thanks

On 2022/10/14 at 3:03 PM, add1c7ed55 said:

Here is the root of voltronic site.

So this has given me a chance to compare firmware versions 91.04 and 92.04. They are nearly the same, with just a few changes:

• 91.04 when calculating some power limit, subtracts 200 W where 90.06 subtracted 100 W. 92.04 goes back to using 100 W. So here 92.04 appears to be undoing a change that was made in 91.04.
  • 92.04 when calculating a new MPPT control constant no longer has the case where this constant is set to 13. There are other cases where it is set to values between 29 and 77. This change is duplicated for MPPT2.

None of these seems to be getting to the core of the problem, which is presumably why 92.04 still doesn't seem to fix the problem.

After hours of work on this, I just wanted to post this while it was still fresh in my mind.