Synsynk vs Kodak vs Luxpower

JohannFer

I'm busy installing a permanent system and originally planned to install 5kVa Synsynk as it allows excess power from the solar panels to be fed back to non-essential loads. My DB is about 20 meters from the installation position and the CT lead needs to be extended. The inverter will feed two split DBs via 6mm wire capable of 40A each, which allows for enough power to be distributed. I spoke to an installer who recommends, for more or less the same price, rather installing a 10kVa Kodak inverter and adding some of the non-essential loads to the essential loads as more power will be available. I then spoke to a supplier who recommended I rather install two 5Kva  Luxpower inverters. Are there any suggestions on what to do? I was also recommended not to go for Pylontech batteries. I don't want to feed power back into the grid which the Synsynk will allow.

This is one of those Mercedes Benz vs Kia vs Toyota questions... Absolutely nothing wrong with Kodak (voltronic), Luxpower or Sunsynk - ask yourself if the Sunsynk premium is worth it for you in your scenario. All 3 will work with well with Pylontechs - compatibility wont be an issue. There is something to be said for having the redundancy of 2 equally capable but cheaper products

Just looking at it from the point of view of two DBs with 40A each. The 5kW Sunsynk at most has a grid passthrough of 35A, and off-grid output of 20A.

What loads are you actually looking at supplying through these two DBs, how much of that is really essential, and how many solar panels are you intending to add?

Personally I'm partial to the Sunsynk/Deye inverters, and I prefer the idea of separating essential and non-essential loads, but could it be that the output would be insufficient, and/or that a more powerful Sunsynk would be over of the budget?

Going to the 10kVa Kodak inverter will allow me to move more non-essential loads to the essential load side, therefore, utilizing the power from the solar system more effectively. This is basically the same as the Sunsynk inverter providing extra available power via the supply line. The load between the two DB's will change during the day but the total load should not exceed 40A. Another question is whether there should be an inverter isolator switch before a change-over switch in the DB as the change-over switch also isolates the inverter.

15 hours ago, JohannFer said:

A Luxpower is 38 cm and the space between the should be 20cm. 

The Voltronic (Kodac, Synergj, Axpert, Mecer) off-grid 5kW models MKS 5K have 295mm width. So 2 of them would just fit into 110cm space. The ventilation space between and side of the units is not so crucial.

I strongly recommend 2 parallel units for redundancy. You don't want to sit in the dark if only one component fails. And it gives you 10kW instant power surge. They also provide together 20kVA short circuit power during a few seconds that is essential to trip a breaker in case of a short.

Edited by Beat