12kW Sunsynk, 24 x 475W Akcome Bi-facial Solar Panels & 15kW EVE & JBD LFP pack with Battery Comms to the Sunsynk

A couple of firsts for me here in this installation. Firstly the Bi-facial PV modules. So the front & back of the panel can catch light & produce energy. Secondly well not a first for me to build an LFP pack but a first to integrate direct battery Comms to the Sunsynk. I can only take credit for the battery build. However, @BritishRacingGreenis the master behind the 300A JBD BMS CANbus Communications integration with the Sunsynk. 

This is definitely a game changer because this was always the missing link with people wanting to go down the route of DIY battery building. Well, we have done it. We will unravel this installation over a few days. 

Enjoy the binge 🤣

Screenshot_2023-03-31-22-45-47-94_99c04817c0de5652397fc8b56c3b3817.jpg

Screenshot_2023-03-31-22-44-51-86_99c04817c0de5652397fc8b56c3b3817.jpg

Screenshot_2023-03-31-22-44-22-53_99c04817c0de5652397fc8b56c3b3817.jpg

Getting these puppies ready for their first cycle. All to balanced & ready to be assembled. This is the first set of 16 EVE 280ah cells that are ready. There is another set of 16 waiting to go as well but I am a few cells short of top Balancing. The plan is to have a whopping 30kWh pack of 2p16s. 

IMG20230402213338.jpg

Edited by Steve87

I will connect them to a single JBD BMS that can deliver the requested 250A that the thirsty 12kW Sunsynk might ask for. That is the single reason the JBD sets itself apart from other BMSs. It can continuously deliver 300A if asked. Nothing yest requires this Amperage but that means we are working under rated & I'm very happy about that. 

Hi guys, no I actually got permission rights & all of my Solar Assistant sites have my company logo displayed & its with Permission from Pierre the main owner & developer. 

I run & support numerous sites & his product is really a product that in my opinion is superior to many. He started off small & his product is reaching far places globally. I am very happy to support such a local grown product. 

I think especially in the US his product will gain a lot of traction. Having looked at the Solar man and Sunsynk logger, they are light years behind, only good for notifications, nothing else.  His latest feature now incorporates the Loadshedding schedules for your location. 

2 hours ago, Steve87 said:

Hi guys, no I actually got permission rights & all of my Solar Assistant sites have my company logo displayed & its with Permission from Pierre the main owner & developer. 

I run & support numerous sites & his product is really a product that in my opinion is superior to many. He started off small & his product is reaching far places globally. I am very happy to support such a local grown product. 

I think especially in the US his product will gain a lot of traction. Having looked at the Solar man and Sunsynk logger, they are light years behind, only good for notifications, nothing else.  His latest feature now incorporates the Loadshedding schedules for your location. 

Good to see local users and installers supporting locally grown products which are world class. :)

13 hours ago, Steve87 said:

Nice - that's an awesome partnership - so i take it any issues we have with SA we come to you @Steve87 😅

On 2023/04/03 at 7:10 PM, Steve87 said:

Got more info on the incorporation of the loadshedding schedule? I've got the latest version of Solar Assistant installed and havent seen such a feature.

And lastly, have you run into any issues of interference with the battery comms cable when the batteries are charging at high currents? Ours drops connectivity often only during high current. Have tried rerouting the cable but doesnt seem to have solved the problem.