Jump to content

Axpert Fans


dax021
 Share

Recommended Posts

Is it normal for the fans to come on whenever a load is applied?  The only loads that are connected permanently are a clock radio, fridge (100W) and a few 7W LED's when needed. Like this everything seems to run fine, but as soon as I connect the washing machine, the fans come on and stay on till the washing is finished.  This has only been so for the last couple of months, previously the fans only came on when I used the microwave, and that I can understand as it pulls about 1800W.  According to the Axpert, the load at the time is only around 260W.  Axpert is mounted on a wall and has a free flow of air all around, albeit not 500mm as specified in the manual, closer to 200mm.  I have also reversed the fans so they blow upwards.  Model is "Sol-1-Ax3Mplus48"

Is this a bad thing? Will it lead to premature failure of the fans?  Is there anything that I could check for a possible fault?

Thanks in advance,

Peter

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2018/11/18 at 8:32 PM, dax021 said:

Is it normal for the fans to come on whenever a load is applied?

This seems to vary a bit depending on the model and firmware revision. Earlier firmwares were more temperature driven, but later firmwares seem to be mostly load driven [ edit: including charging "load" ] . It can be a bit of a shock when you update firmware and the machine is much noisier. It pays to plan ahead for fan noise.

Having the fan running a lot is a good thing in general unless the noise is intolerable given its position. Fans are relatively inexpensive and user replaceable, whereas a bunch of MOSFETs and their gate drivers is less so.

Having said that, there is a smaller or larger component of fan speed that is temperature driven, so it's worth checking the dust situation, as Jaco mentioned. 

Edited by Coulomb
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Thought I might revive this... ive just connected up a new Axpert King 3kva and it seems that the fans are just permanently on. It was like this for a full 24 hours, even if power button is on or off and even when load is under 50watts. 

Ive had to disconnect via the breaker now till i figure out what is going on. Anyone experience this before? I haven't swapped the direction of the fans.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My Axpert 5k fans are also always on; fans are not going full tilt, but always on. When I first switched on the fans were like hurricanes, during battery charging I guess. They calmed down after charging was completed and although running seemingly all the time, they are quiet (less than my PC) - occasionally they rev up, I assume when the load increases. Load currently not more than 200w at any one time, average is 80-90w. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, HowardB said:

My Axpert 5k fans are also always on; fans are not going full tilt, but always on. When I first switched on the fans were like hurricanes, during battery charging I guess. They calmed down after charging was completed and although running seemingly all the time, they are quiet (less than my PC) - occasionally they rev up, I assume when the load increases. Load currently not more than 200w at any one time, average is 80-90w. 

Thanks for the response... my previous cheapie inverter would only use the fans while charging. That seemed better to me. Maybe thats why they made these user-replaceable! Im not a "fan" of them always turning, even though it is quiet. My loads are also low... typically also under 100watts, up to maybe 250. But on bypass mode, not sure why load would matter.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have the 1kw model. The fans run almost all the time the moment a load is connected (100w), even when in utility bypass mode (running off eskom).  They have stopped briefly when the temp drops and it's colder.

Seems pointless having the fans run when the unit is in bypass mode. Thinking about installing a relay to switch the load on and off with a power failure (ideally what the ups should do) to shut the fans up.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 year later...
On 2019/03/29 at 10:11 PM, Dude Crush said:

Thought I might revive this... ive just connected up a new Axpert King 3kva and it seems that the fans are just permanently on. It was like this for a full 24 hours, even if power button is on or off and even when load is under 50watts. 

Ive had to disconnect via the breaker now till i figure out what is going on. Anyone experience this before? I haven't swapped the direction of the fans.

Hi did you come alright with your inverter fan? Mine is doing the same thing running nonstop.  Please help.

My email address, [email protected] 

Thanx

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...