Kodak OG10 3 phase setup with battery LIB setting

Dirkie

7 minutes ago, Dirkie said:

If 3x Kodak OG10 are setup as P1 P2 P3 which one is the master wil it be P1

If only three inverters are used in a three phase installation there is no master or slaves because the units are not connected in parallel.

If more than one unit is connected in parallel on the same phase then the two units will work together but I do not see that there are any indication that one will be master and the other will be slave.

If more than one unit are used in parallel on the same phase please make sure that all the wiring to and from the units are correct and that the current sharing cables are only used on units in parallel which are on the same phase. The communications cables are used on all the units irrespective of phase but the current sharing cables are not.

27 minutes ago, Dirkie said:

And how would the battery be used can it be set in setting #5 to lib or will the two inverters that the battery bms cable aren’t connected to give the error 61

Any of the inverters in a three phase installation can be used to communicate with the battery if supported by the inverter, the unit communicating with the battery must be set to the correct setting (PYL, UEC, SOL, LIb, SEG) and the other inverters which are not communicating with the battery must be set to USE.

6 hours ago, GerhardK83 said:

If only three inverters are used in a three phase installation there is no master or slaves because the units are not connected in parallel.

If more than one unit is connected in parallel on the same phase then the two units will work together but I do not see that there are any indication that one will be master and the other will be slave.

If more than one unit are used in parallel on the same phase please make sure that all the wiring to and from the units are correct and that the current sharing cables are only used on units in parallel which are on the same phase. The communications cables are used on all the units irrespective of phase but the current sharing cables are not.

Any of the inverters in a three phase installation can be used to communicate with the battery if supported by the inverter, the unit communicating with the battery must be set to the correct setting (PYL, UEC, SOL, LIb, SEG) and the other inverters which are not communicating with the battery must be set to USE.

Do you know on what percentage will the inverters put the power back on when they are in an off grid situation were there are no grid power available and the inverters has put the power of on the cut off voltage.

4 hours ago, Steve87 said:

That power will come back on as long as your cut off % or voltage value is met. Eg if Cut of is 47V. At any value greater than 47V the inverter will turn on its output...

I have a client with 3xkodak OG10 connected in P1 P2 P3 with 2x Freedom Won 30/24 batteries and the cut off voltage are 48v and they do not turn the power back on even if the voltage are 53v 

4 hours ago, Dirkie said:

I have a client with 3xkodak OG10 connected in P1 P2 P3 with 2x Freedom Won 30/24 batteries and the cut off voltage are 48v and they do not turn the power back on even if the voltage are 53v 

Send us the setting pages or screenshots of the inverter settings. Do you have a comms cable between battery and inverter. How is the FW  connected? RJ45 Socket x 2 – CAN Bus for interfacing with inverters and communication for the connection of parallel batteries – note that parallel batteries must all be of the same model. 

34 minutes ago, TaliaB said:

Send us the setting pages or screenshots of the inverter settings. Do you have a comms cable between battery and inverter. How is the FW  connected? RJ45 Socket x 2 – CAN Bus for interfacing with inverters and communication for the connection of parallel batteries – note that parallel batteries must all be of the same model. 

Do you have the FW manual?

Have to agree with @TaliaBthe FreedomWon does have Comms direct to the OG10. It uses the Lib protocol on he OG10 & uses the FreedomWon Canbus to RS485 converter box. There is a lot of fundamentals to get right to make it all work properly. The FreedomWon batteries also will shutdown at 10% SoC so that is something to note as well. At 10% the battery breaker will physically trip. So a slightly higher Voltage for shutdown must be observed in this instance maybe 49V. Do the OG10s have the same firmware?? Do the FreedomWons have the same matched battery profiles? A lot to consider before one can have predictable operations. 

37 minutes ago, Steve87 said:

Have to agree with @TaliaBthe FreedomWon does have Comms direct to the OG10. It uses the Lib protocol on he OG10 & uses the FreedomWon Canbus to RS485 converter box. There is a lot of fundamentals to get right to make it all work properly. The FreedomWon batteries also will shutdown at 10% SoC so that is something to note as well. At 10% the battery breaker will physically trip. So a slightly higher Voltage for shutdown must be observed in this instance maybe 49V. Do the OG10s have the same firmware?? Do the FreedomWons have the same matched battery profiles? A lot to consider before one can have predictable operations. 

I have already ordered the Freedom won converter box it will arrive tomorrow. All inverters was on 56.07 firmware until one went into error 90 yesterday so I am updating them to 56.09 as this correct error 90 with out a patch I will then also let freedom won support check if the batteries are on the same profile 

3 hours ago, TaliaB said:

At the moment they are only connected to them selfs with n can cable then all the inverters are set to setting #5 use and setting #26 55.7v setting #27 54.8v and Setting #29 48v. I dit order the can to converter and are going to put it on inverter P1 and then leave P2 and P3 on use.

On 2023/12/19 at 6:49 AM, GerhardK83 said:

That's not my understanding, though I have no experience with a 3-phase installation.

My understanding is that internally there is still a master and two slaves, but they won't display as such. Which one will be the master doesn't matter, and in theory could change every time you power up. In practice, almost always one will be the master, though if you really care, you can turn on the one that you want to be the master first.

It probably doesn't even matter if the master of one of the slaves connects to the battery's BMS.