Growatt Data Missing

Tsa

Update on my comms issue:

It's resolved finally. ShineWifi connecting and sending stats to the server. 

Must have reset and tried to pair about 20 times. Flashed all 3 inverter firmwares. Inverter resets in between. Constant back and forth with Growatt support. All amounted to nothing.

I finally updated the dongle to firmware to 3.0.0.2. Deleted the data logger from my plant. Deleted the plant. Created a new account using a new email address. For some reason the new account was logging in fine to server.growatt.com. the old account was redirecting to server-us.growatt.com. Manually configured the data logger to server.growatt.com and et voila- it showed connected on the portal and started logging data.

Not sure what 'fixed' it or if it will stay working. Perhaps the firmware upgrade wiped the old buggy firmware on the dongle or perhaps the new account and plant helped or maybe a combination of all. Not sure and don't care as long as it works.

Also, Solar Assistant offered a trial of their software. I've taken the Growatt dongle housing off and plugged it in. This leaves just about enough space to plug in the USB cable as well. So now I have the wifi dongle working as well as data being logged by Solar Assistant on the Pi at the same time.

• 1 month later...

Hi. I have a similar issue, Growatt SPF5000ES with 2 x Pylontech US3000C. Data logger showing online, Signal: Excellent and Status: Connection, blue light flashing, but I am not getting any data on the app nor website, it just says Add datalogger, but when I try add it again, it tells me the datalogger already exists. Tried deleting, resetting and reconfiguring multiple times, no change. Have spoken to both Nhlanhla and Amos, still waiting on an answer to get it sorted. Just received inverter back from supplier after they replaced the board with the latest firmware loaded on. Thinking of purchasing another data logger to see if it will work. Anyone have a fix for this?

10 hours ago, Faze said:

Hi. I have a similar issue, Growatt SPF5000ES with 2 x Pylontech US3000C. Data logger showing online, Signal: Excellent and Status: Connection, blue light flashing, but I am not getting any data on the app nor website, it just says Add datalogger, but when I try add it again, it tells me the datalogger already exists. Tried deleting, resetting and reconfiguring multiple times, no change. Have spoken to both Nhlanhla and Amos, still waiting on an answer to get it sorted. Just received inverter back from supplier after they replaced the board with the latest firmware loaded on. Thinking of purchasing another data logger to see if it will work. Anyone have a fix for this?

Have you tried starting over on the plant you have configured and manually setting the server address to server.growatt.com ?

Also, on the app there is an option for support by sending them a message. The app support was able to get the device deleted from my profile. 

I'm still not sure what exactly resolved my issue out of all the combinations I tried, but perhaps running through them all might help. It was insanely frustrating but it's still working perfectly on my side now.

Edited by JoeyhZA

3 hours ago, JoeyhZA said:

Have you tried starting over on the plant you have configured and manually setting the server address to server.growatt.com ?

Also, on the app there is an option for support by sending them a message. The app support was able to get the device deleted from my profile. 

I'm still not sure what exactly resolved my issue out of all the combinations I tried, but perhaps running through them all might help. It was insanely frustrating but it's still working perfectly on my side now.

Hi There, did you try deleting the datalogger from inside the app. I had to delete all logger at one time. See this screenshots below. Then configure the datalogger again. 

D92537E6-01BD-4973-B650-9F1875236AB3.png

46797B91-3CB5-4EF9-A46E-132BC2E06E1D.png

I am actually gettting this much more now after the FW upgrades I did. All looks fine, but no data. 

However now unplugging and replugging the usb wifi dongle resolves the issue, didnt have any effect before. 

OR it just randomly starts working on its own again.

On 2021/11/14 at 9:18 PM, Faze said:

Hi

I actually managed to get my system into the exact same state you've described here when I recently decided to do another round of firmware updates.

On that weekend I upgraded main fw to 500.12 and I also flashed the comms board to sort out missing data issues.

At some point after all that flashing I found myself in the same state you are describing here.

I tried deleting the datalogger multiple times and registering it again, logging in and out of my account multiples times, etc. etc. Nothing worked. Eventually I also hit a wall where there was no datalogger visibly registered but if I tried to register it, it told me it already existed.

Ultimately what I did is I deleted my entire account. Full delete.

Then I registered a new account, with a different email address. Setup the plant again from scratch and added the datalogger again.

Then I had the datalogger back, but I was still not getting ANY data actually logged, despite the phone app confirming the datalogger was checking in and connection was excellent.

At that point I went back into the garage, shut everything down again, flashed the comms board AGAIN, powered everything back on again methodically, reset the inverter and set every setting manually again, then plugged the Wifi dongle back in, and ... bingo!

Data started flowing in again, every 5 minutes, and hasn't stopped since. And that was over a week ago. Note however that it took time for the datalogger to start sucking data in again because apparently it was backfilling data that had been stored on the comms board (see my other post below this one).

If I look through the power graphs etc. there are no gaps going back days and days at this point.

NOTE however, that I was then also forced to rollback the main firmware from 500.12 to 500.11, because 500.12 started to cause constant fan fail warnings and faults. Amos told me to roll back to 500.11 to stop the fan fail issues, so I did, and it did.

Fortunately, after that rollback, the datalogger started working again immediately after plugging it back in, and didn't give me any hassles.

Edited by SiliconKid

Also NOTE something else that I learnt recently:

1. The data is logged every 5 minutes, and that is controlled by the comms board inside the inverter. The setting in the Wifi Dongle settings that implies that you can control the frequency of logging is nonsense, it does nothing. You can change it to 1 minute or 2 minutes and it will still log every 5 minutes. 

2. NB!  The comms board STORES data that hasn't been logged during the day if there is a comms or internet problem and data cannot be delivered to the Growatt server. And when comms is re-established all of that stored data is then batch uploaded to the server to back fill missing data!

This is a critical thing to understand because that backfilling takes TIME. Quite a long time from what I saw. AND, from what I saw it blocks active current logging while it is busy playing catchup and uploading all that missing data, which then has the net effect of making it look like logging is not working again, but it actually is, it's just paused while a massive backlog of data is being dumped to the server. 

I think that's why some people say something like "I just gave up eventually and walked away in disgust and then it somehow sorted itself out and started logging again".  In reality it was busy backfilling missed data when they gave up assumed it was a lost cause.

• 2 months later...
On 2021/09/29 at 7:58 AM, JoeyhZA said:

I finally updated the dongle to firmware to 3.0.0.2.

What was the process to update this and on which model inverter?

Mine indicates an update available and goes through its steps, but remains on 3.0.0.0

• 3 months later...
On 2021/09/23 at 7:35 AM, Johan-Henry said:

F2809_GW500.09_20201029_A.bin = main firmware

F030_SK022_07_ 20200714.bin = bms firmware

STM32F030CC_SK036.01m.bin = comms bord firmware

They are provided in the various google drive links in the forum. Its a bit confusing unfortunately. This is only applicable to the Growatt SPF5000TL.

Hi

I finally managed to get my logging working due to the post indicating the need for separate firmware updates. (For the comms and the main inverter software)

My problem originally began with the “Total Solar Energy” on the monitoring software that just one day switched to negative value and started increasing again.

I got in touch with Growatt and was also corresponding with an “Amos” who instructed me to update the firmware. I had delayed this but eventually I started getting intermittent issues with the logging as well. It would randomly stop working but always stopped when the batteries were full and then returned to normal when the batteries were down to about 85%.

I then decided to update the firmware I got from "Amos" (F2809_GW500.10_20210106_C.bin) but then I started experiencing the same as what others described, where it would only work when the battery type was set to “USE” instead of “Li” which is not a solution.

It was then that I saw the post that the comms board also required a firmware upgrade. I downloaded it from the link in the thread (STM32F030CC_SK036.01m.bin). After I updated this my logging started working perfectly again. The original problem of the negative amount of total energy generated persists. It now remains constant at -4kWh.

I did not reset the dongle or create new accounts.

I did also notice that setting the logging rate on the dongle to 1 min (via the mobile app) does now seem to work and it appears to be logging every minute as expected.

On 2021/09/29 at 7:58 AM, JoeyhZA said:

Update on my comms issue:

It's resolved finally. ShineWifi connecting and sending stats to the server. 

Must have reset and tried to pair about 20 times. Flashed all 3 inverter firmwares. Inverter resets in between. Constant back and forth with Growatt support. All amounted to nothing.

I finally updated the dongle to firmware to 3.0.0.2. Deleted the data logger from my plant. Deleted the plant. Created a new account using a new email address. For some reason the new account was logging in fine to server.growatt.com. the old account was redirecting to server-us.growatt.com. Manually configured the data logger to server.growatt.com and et voila- it showed connected on the portal and started logging data.

Not sure what 'fixed' it or if it will stay working. Perhaps the firmware upgrade wiped the old buggy firmware on the dongle or perhaps the new account and plant helped or maybe a combination of all. Not sure and don't care as long as it works.

Also, Solar Assistant offered a trial of their software. I've taken the Growatt dongle housing off and plugged it in. This leaves just about enough space to plug in the USB cable as well. So now I have the wifi dongle working as well as data being logged by Solar Assistant on the Pi at the same time.

I know this is going back a while but how did you update the dongle firmware? I mean where did you get the updated firmware? Been searching and have not been able to get this.

1 hour ago, JoeyhZA said:

That was such a while back I honestly don't recall exactly. I do however know it wasn't anything manual that I did to update the firmware. I'm almost sure the update was done through the phone app on the datalogger. Do you see any options in the app?

From memory. Updating the double was done from the monitoring website. It was a hyperlink under the Inverter info. 

I have a Growatt SPF5000ES inverter with 2x Pylontech UP5000 batteries. My datalogger lost connection with the server after 11:20 yesterday yet it is connected to the internet, flashing green light. Deleted the datalogger and re-add. Still no connection to the server. Setup connection to a different wi-fi, no connection to the server. Retried home wi-fi and still no connection to the server.  Any advise on how to resolve this issue?

• 1 year later...