InfiniSolar 10kw

sonium

Hello, im new to this community and i've been reading the forum for a time now, but haven't found answer for my problem.

It's a bit hard to explain, but i'll try my best.

I have a infinisolar 10k connected to a few solar panels, to the grid and to batteries.

I have the settings configured to the images im attaching.

My problem is, the grid is still charging the batteries, when it shouldnt.

It's consuming 1.5A per phase, when without batteries, it consumes 0.5A per phase.

What am i doing wrong here? I'm out of ideas.

If anyone can enlight me, i would be grateful!

Also, is there a way to connect power consumption after overload, without using the software?

Thanks in advance!

new2.png

new.png

19 hours ago, Resolar said:

Hi Sonium,

You must check your setting 16 there you can select what has to charge what when.

Setting 16 on 10kw 3p?

Please can you show me the manual to do this? I am always about learning.

On 2020/05/18 at 8:15 PM, Resolar said:

Hi Sonium,

You must check your setting 16 there you can select what has to charge what when.

I think i have the correct settings for charging, however im new to this. what do you mean with setting 16? can you check my screenshot #2?

On 2020/05/19 at 8:16 PM, Sammyigt said:

From those settings you have it shouldn't be charging from AC. Have you tried resetting the system after making the changes? 

I did try to reset. I've tried with two inverters, same happens. Must be some configuration i'm missing or can it be outdated firmware? Not sure if related!

Hope someone can help me out!

Thanks

On 2020/05/18 at 5:26 PM, sonium said:

It's consuming 1.5A per phase

On all 3 phases? That's 3 x 230 x 1,5 = 1kW = a lot! These inverters draw 80W per phase when idling I remember to have read somewhere on secondlifestorage.com where user daromer has told a lot about his inverter. Anyway, can you see that this 1,5A are going to the battery on the screen or in the software?

• 1 year later...

Have Infini 10KW inverter, last night while checking something I disconnected Load from the inverter and opened up SNMP, it was still showing 100W of Apparent power consumption Per Phase. Total Apparent power consumption of 400W 😯

Does it mean, it's consuming 400w x 24 = 9.6kwh per day (288kwh per month) all by itself?

6 hours ago, LionKing said:

opened up SNMP, it was still showing 100W of Apparent power consumption Per Phase. Total Apparent power consumption of 400W

If it's apparent power, then it's 100 VA per phase, or around 400 VA total. Three phase currents and hence powers can combine in unexpected ways, though to end up with more than the straight sum of phase powers is unusual. There may be some measurement errors at low power levels.

But apparent power (volts times amps without regard to phase) does not necessarily equate to real power (measured in watts). Inverters typically have moderately large capacitors in their output filters, and in a grid tie inverter like an Infini, that's across the mains input. This causes some imaginary power to flow, but little real power. Real power has to come from solar panels or burning coal (etc); apparent power just flows to and from the device and doesn't cause a net power draw. There will also be some real power consumed to power the electronics, display, switching losses, etc. So what you measured is a mixture of imaginary and real power.

To find out how much real power it's drawing, you need a device that can measure real and imaginary power separately, or apparent power and power factor.

An inverter typically draws about 50 W per 5 kW of rated power as "idle" power, i.e. it draws this all the time even if it's not doing anything useful. So this is a fixed loss. There are other losses that depend on the load power. So my very rough guess is that your 10 kW unit will draw around 100 W of idle power, or about 2.4 kWh per day. The other very roughly three quarters of the apparent power is imaginary.

10 hours ago, LionKing said:

It displays Watts instead of VA,

Sad that even apps get this wrong.

and for Active power it was showing either 0 or 1 for all phases.

Ah. So this is output power with no load. So it's 100% reactive (all imaginary power). So this won't be costing you much extra solar or grid power, just the inefficiency of getting back the energy stored in the previous half-wave.

Posted (edited)

Repaired on last week, with no load on battery only the display showed around 100va X3 if remembered correctly. how ever it only draw 2.9A from the 48v power supply.

That is +/_ 140W idle. I noticed that on very low on no load most inverters do not measure current very accurate.  

Edited by Irocmaster

On 2022/05/14 at 9:03 AM, Coulomb said:

Sad that even apps get this wrong.

Ah. So this is output power with no load. So it's 100% reactive (all imaginary power). So this won't be costing you much extra solar or grid power, just the inefficiency of getting back the energy stored in the previous half-wave.

So only the consumption under Active Power is what utility bills?

image.png.76cdfbe64b3b15a605d9182c06c336ed.png