Growatt inverters

Shockin

I have installed 6 x Growatt SPF5000TL inverters with no problems and the distributor I use assured me that Growatt is the only inverter company that do an exchange if you have problems instead of taking it in for repairs. I will recommend Growatt any time and the technical support I receive from them is nothing than exceptional.

I had out the box failure on one, took 6 months before i got a repaired unit back, to be fair it was lock-down but 6 months is stupid ridiculous. Installed a Victron for the client a week after failure at my expense. To me they now fall int the "do not touch" category, although i'm sure many people are very happy and they work well for them. i'm just unlucky

13 hours ago, Shockin said:

Hi

Spoke to Inverter warehouse today and  they say they don't recommend Growatt inverters due to problems  such as out of box failures,, is this true ?

I had one for about a month. It was working, but the firmware was a mess. Couldn’t properly control my battery, not even using the voltage settings, so I returned it and replaced it with a Victron MP II. Haven’t looked back a day.

So no, hadn’t had a failure myself, but it is very cheap for a reason, and I’m not someone to compromise on the basic utilities in my house.

7 hours ago, plonkster said:

Wellll... that's either ignorance or an untruth 🙂

I am not going into a debate on this. If my supplier guarantee me that and could give me examples it is good enough for me. Maybe if people do their homework on suppliers/distributors they may end up with proper service.

3 hours ago, magielvdb said:

not going into a debate on this

Oh me neither, I'm not debating whether they will replace... I am debating whether they really are the only ones who does that. I know for a fact they aren't, though of course the details of each case will be different. Sometimes it is easier to just replace the whole thing, especially if it is a cheaper unit. Sometimes it is easier or faster to repair. Sinoteq televisions are also replaced quickly... it's part of their business model. It has to be 🙂

On 2020/07/24 at 3:16 PM, Shockin said:

Hi

Spoke to Inverter warehouse today and  they say they don't recommend Growatt inverters due to problems  such as out of box failures,, is this true ?

Hi, We have had more than normal failures, however the importer has been brilliant with replacing units so far.

• 1 year later...