Sunsynk Inverters: 3-phase setup

DaveP

Hi All

I have been searching, but haven't been able to come up with a definite answer.

Can the Sunsynk/Deye/Ohm 5kW inverters be setup to in parallel on a 3-phase network? i.e. 3 inverters (1 per phase) sharing the same battery?

I have seen reference to being setup in parallel on one phase, but lacking info on 3-phases setup.

Thanks in advance

2 hours ago, DaveP said:

Hi All

I have been searching, but haven't been able to come up with a definite answer.

Can the Sunsynk/Deye/Ohm 5kW inverters be setup to in parallel on a 3-phase network? i.e. 3 inverters (1 per phase) sharing the same battery?

I have seen reference to being setup in parallel on one phase, but lacking info on 3-phases setup.

Thanks in advance

Hi Dave yes the Sunsynk 5.5 and 8.8 Can be setup in 3 Phase The inverters each attach to a Phase and they have comms cables that they use to communicate with each other they share the same Battery bank be it Litium or Lead acid   PM me your email address and I can send you the installer manual via email 

Sunsynk in three Phase parallel.jpg

3 hours ago, Boerseun said:

Hi Dave yes the Sunsynk 5.5 and 8.8 Can be setup in 3 Phase The inverters each attach to a Phase and they have comms cables that they use to communicate with each other they share the same Battery bank be it Litium or Lead acid   PM me your email address and I can send you the installer manual via email 

Sunsynk in three Phase parallel.jpg

Thanks Boerseun

That's exactly what I was hoping for.

Been looking for a 3-phase grid tied hybrid solution that uses a 48V battery system. Only 3-phase hybrids on CoCT approved inverter list use high voltage batteries.

Will send you a PM for the manual, thanks.

• 6 months later...

Hi all,

I see this very old conversation. To ask a further question, id I may...

I have bought three of the Sunsynk 5 kW inverters. I want to couple it for 3 phase.

Will the coms cables goes from INVETER 1 (Master, A phase) = Parallel 2 plug, to INVERTER 2 (Slave, B phase) = Parallel 1 plug, then the Parallel 2 plug to INVERTER 3 (Slave, C phase) = Parallel 2 plug ???? 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Hi I know an old thread I want to build a 90kw system 3ph this is usually done using Victron Quattro's and a kak load of mppts and wiring. The Sunsynk 8.8 manual states max 3 per phase  but Deye video says 5 per phase, I need 4per phase. Has anybody attempted this. The other way would be HV battery and inverter but there are no good brands on the inverter side yet. Freedom won do high voltage batteries

10 minutes ago, coffeedogsjujitsu said:

Hi I know an old thread I want to build a 90kw system 3ph this is usually done using Victron Quattro's and a kak load of mppts and wiring. The Sunsynk 8.8 manual states max 3 per phase  but Deye video says 5 per phase, I need 4per phase. Has anybody attempted this. The other way would be HV battery and inverter but there are no good brands on the inverter side yet. Freedom won do high voltage batteries

Have a look at Atess inverters. 100kw full Hybrid 

2 hours ago, coffeedogsjujitsu said:

17 hours ago, coffeedogsjujitsu said:

Yes  we must and there is Atess but I really can't find any reviews on that, so as long as the market is stuck at 48v we are stuck  with expensive Victron AC/DC coupled for big systems. 

This is simply not so. We should not be stuck around residential units.  Synsynk makes a 12kw 3 phase unit and you can add up to 16 in parallel. Yes it is still running at 48V.

As per the OP perhaps the grid tied 100kw 3 phase Solis can be used during the day and then switch the batteries charged via another inverter or may be the clever guys can indicate if batteries cannot be used in the place of panels via the MPPTs. My idea would be just to add a current limiter of say 10A per input. The Solis has 10 x MPPTs.

Edited by Scorp007