Best setup for solar panels

Greetings

I have 12 x 325w panels running into 2x Growatt SPF-5000ES inverters.

Currently panels are in two strings one on top row and other on bottom row of 6.

There are walls on both sides of roof casting shade on the left in the morning and on the right in the afternoons.

Should they rather be split as a circular string on the left and and circular string on the right instead so one string is in sun longer in morning and they switch in the afternoon.

Picks may illustrate better.

Screenshot_20210225-133805_WhatsApp.jpg

Screenshot_20210225-133747_WhatsApp.jpg

That is interesting.

My next issue is enough battery capacity to benefit for such generating capacity I guess. Have two Shoto SDA10-48100L5 but still getting power often from the grid... not charging early or late enough is part of the factor too I think.

For house and cottage, capacity may not be quite enough.

On 2021/02/25 at 2:59 PM, TDH said:

Didn't realise how much shade there is being created by those walls and the other roofs are east or west facing and have trees to contend with.

Just my hummble opinion if i were you,i would build a structure on the wall (from wall to wall) and lay my panels flat

In other words raise them

Edited by Quwatush Shams (Suly)

18 hours ago, Quwatush Shams (Suly) said:

Just my hummble opinion if i were you,i would build a structure on the wall (from wall to wall) and lay my panels flat

In other words raise them

Actually a very good Idea since he would get to use all his panels  not just the ones not  in shade. opimizers look likehttps://www.geewiz.co.za/inverters/105896-solaredge-p500-optimiser-500w-mc4-96-cell.html?sfdr_ptcid=2961_617_545101417&sfdr_hash=872bec3df5269b1627ea97711fb694fe&gclid=Cj0KCQiAvvKBBhCXARIsACTePW8jYbqZo9XPP0RwHMw2y_rREEXfdpSbl5Qe5v0oVC5s7hhX4fIHirwaAjihEALw_wcB this but you need to check compatibility with your inverter. If you can build a structure to raise them out of the shade that would be better.

On 2021/03/01 at 9:52 PM, YellowTapemeasure said:

Knock down those walls and build a braai/pizza oven with those bricks... 😉😄

Suggestions to close the bedroom and dinning room roofs supported by those walls 😀 budget won't allow for more panels to do the job.

On 2021/02/25 at 2:59 PM, TDH said:

Thank you for the feedback.

Didn't realise how much shade there is being created by those walls and the other roofs are east or west facing and have trees to contend with.

I have 6 facing north and 6 facing east. So you could do something like that. That would allow you to have 2 x 3 north facing cluster that might escape the shadows you refer to.

You will get a different PV delivery curve. I start getting PV quite early in the morning, so peak would not be midday. However the east facing panels do provide useful power until at least 14:00. 

• 1 month later...