Where to buy?

Hi All,

I've been a spying on here for a while and is ready to start my journey on the solar energy route.

I'm looking at buying a 5kW Sunsynk with a Hubble 5.5kW battery and 12x 450W PV panels.

Question is where to buy these in Johannesburg area. I've been looking on various web sites, but most shows no stock on the batteries.
Any help will be much appreciated. 🙏

My Google foo looks to be not so strong. and a bit sceptic about online purchases with no interaction with a person.

13 hours ago, KempM said:

Hi All,

I've been a spying on here for a while and is ready to start my journey on the solar energy route.

I'm looking at buying a 5kW Sunsynk with a Hubble 5.5kW battery and 12x 450W PV panels.

Question is where to buy these in Johannesburg area. I've been looking on various web sites, but most shows no stock on the batteries.

My Google foo looks to be not so strong. and a bit sceptic about online purchases with no interaction with a person.

Since you are in JHB, the best place to buy from will be https://www.inverter-warehouse.co.za/collections/solar-inverters-1/Sunsynk . Their prices are slightly lower when compared to most places and you can go there, pay cash and collect at the same time. For Hubble battery, you can get it from the solar shop https://www.solar-shop.co.za/111-hubble . Both places are very reliable and both cheaper and they are in JHB where you can just go and interact with them.  

53 minutes ago, hoohloc said:

Since you are in JHB, the best place to buy from will be https://www.inverter-warehouse.co.za/collections/solar-inverters-1/Sunsynk . Their prices are slightly lower when compared to most places and you can go there, pay cash and collect at the same time.

Look at their reviews on Google and you will see that good service is not something that you can count on there.  Their prices are very good (possibly the best?), but they seem to achieve if by cutting staff to less than ideal levels.  (Once you have the owner's cell number service becomes a lot better.🙄)

I am in Cpt and bought all my major items from them.  It took about 192 phone calls (mostly unanswered. messages NEVER returned) but I eventually got what I paid for.  To be fair, this was 2 years ago, perhaps things have improved.

1 hour ago, Calvin said:

Look at their reviews on Google and you will see that good service is not something that you can count on there.  Their prices are very good (possibly the best?), but they seem to achieve if by cutting staff to less than ideal levels.  (Once you have the owner's cell number service becomes a lot better.🙄)

I am in Cpt and bought all my major items from them.  It took about 192 phone calls (mostly unanswered. messages NEVER returned) but I eventually got what I paid for.  To be fair, this was 2 years ago, perhaps things have improved.

Hi Calvin, the good thing about these two places is that I have personally bought from them and I can tell you that I have nothing bad to say about the service I received from them. I don't have the owner's cell number but I know the physical address of the two places and I have been there on all occasions when I went to buy my stuff. I think that beats having the cell phone which the owner can easily decide to answer or not answer, if he wants. My point is, if you are in JHB, you can easily go to the warehouses of these two places and get your stuff, exchange or get a refund if you are not happy about what you bought. Well if you are in Cpt, unfortunately there is nothing much you can do but to call, hence my recommendation for the forum store for the guys in Cpt. I personally prefer to walk in a store and buy stuff, I'm old school. 

21 hours ago, WannabeSolarSparky said:

Stratos, at DIYGeek, I get all my goodies from him :)
He is in Johannesburg. Tell him Morne referred you :)

I had a look on this site. 😀

With all the goodies there, it looks like I'll spend a lot of money there. 🤩

Thanx!

16 hours ago, hoohloc said:

Hi Calvin, the good thing about these two places is that I have personally bought from them and I can tell you that I have nothing bad to say about the service I received from them. 

I bought from https://www.inverter-warehouse.co.za/ twice, first time it was a struggle to get an amended quotation with several emails and follow-up calls, eventually went to the store to buy. The in-store service was great although slower  due to limited personnel. Second time I placed an order online and was surprised by how quickly it was shipped. I can also attest to their slightly lower prices. 

On 2021/10/15 at 7:37 PM, KempM said:

Hi All,

Will you be installing the system yourself or do you need someone to install for you. If you need someone to install, it may be best to consider buying all components from the same person to avoid getting shifted around if problems occur?

If installing yourself, I assume you've considered the electrical equipment and mounting structure too?

I am installing myself with the help of a colleague that is certified to do COC's. I'm an electronics engineer.

I've already sourced the electrical equipment (switch gear, cabling, trunking, DB, etc.) There is still a few odds 'n ends that I must source but that I'll only do once I've got all the equipment.

Planning this install is quite the exercise!