Sunsynk 5kw and hubble AM2 5kw

dragoon

32 minutes ago, Nexuss said:

Set your SOC on all the timer lines to 80% .You can then untick 'use timer' once a week to fully charge the battery(as per hubble's requirements) and then retick the use timer .

Thank you. Could you go into the more technical details as to "untick" timer then retick after fully charged battery?
Do I leave it off in the morning and say come back at night?

This is for a customer, is there a way that I can automate this?

Just now, jacquesretief said:

Thank you. Could you go into the more technical details as to "untick" timer then retick after fully charged battery?

I would probably just untick 'use timer' before going to bed and then retick it when waking up,that should give it plenty of time to fully balance the cells.  Also make sure grid charge is enabled in battery charge menu. I dont think you can easily automate that,it should be possible with some external monitoring/control software,maybe some other members will be able to assist you. 

On 2022/01/21 at 4:45 PM, TimCam said:

If your installer has wired ALL loads through the inverter as essential, you will have the above flow display.

if you have non essential loads before the inverter, and the CT coil is just before the inverter (this is wrong), you will have the same flow display, and be "blind" to non essential loads.

if you have non essential loads before the inverter, and the CT coil is at the first point in from Eskom (At the MCB), you can then see the non essential loads, and feed them with solar as long as you have incoming Eskom power. During load shedding, you'll only supply essential loads. This is one of your inverters many great features.:)

Thanks, this does seem to be an issue as the CT is at the first Eskom point and it does seem to pick up the non essential load, but it's not showing the correct diagram here.

IMG_20220124_081139.jpg

54 minutes ago, dragoon said:

Anyone know how I go about updating the firmware?

Tried calling sunsynk as but they just forwarded me to some guy and I only get his voicemail, left a message last week but he still has not responded

Give me your serial number at the side of the inverter and I'll do the upgrade for you

On 2022/01/23 at 5:01 PM, jacquesretief said:

Hi Jacques

Automating this wont be simple but the Solarman Business app allows you to remotely change these options from your smart device (phone / ipad etc). Could that work for you in this case?

1 hour ago, mzezman said:

Hi Jacques

Automating this wont be simple but the Solarman Business app allows you to remotely change these options from your smart device (phone / ipad etc). Could that work for you in this case?

Solarman Smart can do remote settings as well. But Sunsynk / Deye needs to authorise your user to be able to make changes.

On 2022/01/18 at 11:27 AM, dragoon said:

@TimCam

The hubble website says to use 53.6V, so not sure I want to change that setting without a good reason as I don't have a clue what that does🥴.

Attached the images requested.

Seems like it does increase the charge to the battery, but only when the battery drops below 80%, then the charge goes to around 100W+, but if its over 80% SOC, then the charge is only around 20/30W, which never really charges the battery fully.

IMG_20220118_112143.jpg

It actually says to use 53.0v. It says so in the AM2 manual.

30 minutes ago, jacquesretief said:

What is the use of timing the recharging (or discharging) of the batteries?
Is that for the purpose of balancing solar recharging vs grid recharging the batteries?

My setup has solar and batteries, so I do a full charge / discharge every 24 hours. But for you the reason would be that you shouldnt leave LFP batteries at full charge for extended periods. Maybe someone else with pure UPS experience can chime in, but I would say enable the timer and grid charge, then set all the time slots to 80%. Or maybe do your bit to help Eksom by dropping to 50% during the evening peak and recharge slowly.  But you already have the inverter and batteries ... those are the expensive bits. Why not add a few panels and start earning a return? 

Edited by Scubadude

2 minutes ago, Scubadude said:

My setup has solar and batteries, so I do a full charge / discharge every 24 hours. But for you the reason would be that you shouldnt leave LFP batteries at full charge for extended periods. Maybe someone else with pure UPS experience can chime in, but I would say enable the timer and grid charge, then set all the time slots to 80%. Or maybe do you rbut to help Eksom by dropping to 50% during the eveing peak and recharge slowly.  But you already have the inverter and batteries ... those are the expensive bits. Why not add a few panels and start earning a return? 

Okay you said something important - "shouldnt leave LFP batteries at full charge for extended periods".

"Why not add a few panels and start earning a return?"

It is for a customer and I am working on it 😇

On 2022/01/18 at 11:27 AM, dragoon said:

@TimCam

The hubble website says to use 53.6V, so not sure I want to change that setting without a good reason as I don't have a clue what that does🥴.

@TimCam

4 hours ago, jacquesretief said:

It actually says to use 53.0v. It says so in the AM2 manual.

Is it 53.0V (manual - 6 Inverter Setup) or 53.6V (website)?
Anyone know the correct value?
I've used 53.6V from the website.

Edited by system32