Raspberry Pi

@kiwibrick you can test if you local emon is working correctly by running the following command in your browser http://192.168.0.250/input/post?json={power:200} while you have logged into your local emon. There should a new input under node 0 , power 200. In your inputs page. Also check in your inputs help page the same command is also there. If that works , your emon installation is done correctly if you do get an error with that command then something is not well with the emon installation. 

5 hours ago, kiwibrick said:

I didn't however install the last step which is emonhub, I think thats for the emoncms hardware?

You are correct you don't need the emonhub as that is used to communicate with the open energy sensors to send data to emon. 

43 minutes ago, PaulF007 said:

@kiwibrick you can test if you local emon is working correctly by running the following command in your browser http://192.168.0.250/input/post?json={power:200} while you have logged into your local emon. There should a new input under node 0 , power 200. In your inputs page. Also check in your inputs help page the same command is also there. If that works , your emon installation is done correctly if you do get an error with that command then something is not well with the emon installation. 

You are correct you don't need the emonhub as that is used to communicate with the open energy sensors to send data to emon. 

I get a new input node category is blank with power 200, interestingly I have to use 192.168.1.100 (my rpi ip address), 192.168.0.250 doesn't exist. If I put 192.168.1.100 in ICC the emoncms thread shows an error, I have to put 192.168.0.250 in ICC

hoi kiwibrick,

192.168.0.250 = an example ;-)

so that needs to be your ip where emon is installed...

you can try indeed like Paul said...

you checked the checkbox of emon in ICC?

thread is running ?

node is standaard = 0 so should be working

API key is write key? not the read key?

nothing to see in emon - setup - inputs???? (updated = now or shows some seconds?)

1 hour ago, PaulF007 said:

@kiwibrick is the emon installation on the same Pi as ICC?

Yes emon is on same Pi as ICC, the different IP addresses is perplexing my a bit, I must say it's nice to be back bashing away at a terminal again though, it's been a while since I had a reason to do it!

1 hour ago, kg666 said:

hoi kiwibrick,

192.168.0.250 = an example ;-)

so that needs to be your ip where emon is installed... 

you can try indeed like Paul said...

you checked the checkbox of emon in ICC?

thread is running ?

node is standaard = 0 so should be working

API key is write key? not the read key?

nothing to see in emon - setup - inputs???? (updated = now or shows some seconds?)

With 192.168.0.250 in emoncms server box in ICC I get a thread in the threads tab, with 192.168.1.100 (my Pi's IP address) I get no thread found in ICC.

Yes have checkbox checked

Node 0

Yes I copied write API key from emoncms My Account section

Absolutely nothing shows up in inputs

I have attached 2 pictures, cut and pasted so we can see the settings and thread pages on both

Also I am now getting an error in the emon log

2017-08-14 00:46:22.598|WARN|feed_model.php|Feed model: Requested feed does not exist feedid=0

I might just have to uninstall all the emon stuff and delete all emon/apache/mysql data files and start from scratch with emon on my PI

ICCscreen4.jpg

ICCscreen5.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just a short note to thank Manie for constantly striving to make ICC better and more stable.

I think from the screenshot attached (Early Saturday morning) we can all see that ICC Pi is running stable with no issues.

Keep up the good work.

Running ICC Pi V2.2.1;

Axpert 3kVa; Local emon; EmonWeb; PVOutput.org and MQTT

1000.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Have anyone update ICC to version 2.2.5?

seems if I make any changes in the inverter tab to set,it does normally say "OK" but now it shows "error" and also at the PV and AC current its shows "NAKs"

Still on trial period to test software

icc.jpg

MIne too.

The application closes almost every morning.
Loses the connection with the inverter.

Even if I installed a new image

In error logs i have multiple

2017-12-19 13:24:20   resetting 001  005
2017-12-19 14:05:56   resetting 001  005
2017-12-19 14:46:23   resetting 001  005
2017-12-19 15:01:53   resetting 001  005
2017-12-19 15:30:35   resetting 001  005

Help @Manie

15 hours ago, watkykjy1 said:

Hi Andries,

Please try the follow:  Take out your USB cable at both ends (inverter as well as pi), then plug it back in on both ends and then reboot the pi.  The error you are describing is caused by the pi not being able to properly detect your inverter, and we have seen that sometimes just pulling it out at one end does not help, but once you pull it out at both ends it registers properly again. 

Just remember to restart your pi after plugging it back in :).

Let me know if that helps!

Kind Regards

Johan

Hi Johan,

Thanx for reply,I followed your instructions,I even tried to restart pi with cables,also tried restart my inverter,at the end I plugin my notebook directly to my inverter and open the inverter software to set the inverter settings correctly,after that I plugin Pi and settings that was made from the notebook showed in ICC correctly,maybe there is a bug.

Kind Regards 

Andries

Hi Johan,

Maybe it is my inverter,because the strange thing is,I set to bulk my batteries at 29.2v and float at 27.3v but even at AC  charging it stays at 27.19 to 27.23,maybe its an firmware problem?

oh and when I restart the pi the settings stays the same

Regards

Hi so I still have problems to change inverter settings on the latest version of ICC,but that is now another story,what I want to know can the program screensize  extend to full screen?

another thing I was wondering,when charging on solar on "Dashboard2" under battery volts it shows the amps and watts that is feeding the battery bank,but when on AC charging only battery percentage and volts make difference,no amps and no watts,is that perhaps something in the software?

PS inverter settings tab,charging is spelled wrong ;)