Raspberry Pi

Hi. Please don't show your teamviewer id and password publicly on a forum. Always private message someone you want to connect with your confidential login details. Anyone with access to the forum has your id and password to remotely connect to your computer now. I trust manie, but God knows who else is reading this.......

Sent from my S60 using Tapatalk

I think the idea is that manie can get remote access to your pc (which has access to your pi) and see what's going on himself....please just send him your login detail via private message and not public forum discussion, that's all. He helped me that way in a fraction of the time it would've taken to sort it out myself.....

I suspect team viewer is also easier and more of a known quantity for the average user. I always have to arrange ssh access, which involves port forwarding and firewalls on the best of days :-)

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...
On 2017/01/08 at 5:18 PM, Czauto said:

Hi All.

Manie Helped me set up ICC remote dashboard this morning and after previous failures to get AICC working i am very happy. Manie was quick to offer help to get it set up and I'm more than happy to pay for the software license.

I'm sure there will be some upgrades soon maybe there should be a sticky on the forum on suggestions people would still like to have integrated into the software. I don't think all suggestions would be viable but I think it might be a good idea to hear others thoughts to make a great program even beter. I know there was a discussion on the Tinkercity website before it closed down.

Thanks for the help Manie. Appreciated!

Qzauto,

Are you running ICC on a windows machine or Rasberry Pi?

I want to bin WatchPower and move over to ICC. It seems like a daunting task to get ICC set-up for the first time, so I need some pointers.
Can you perhaps offer some lessons learned ?

Thanking in advance

Frits

On 2017/01/07 at 3:02 PM, Manie said:

I am almost done with the image for new users. They can just download , burn and everything will be installed. Also local emoncms

At this stage i am working alone. I will sort everything out and make it more easier.

Regards

Manie, is the idea of this image an install for newbies in ICC/Pi world, to roll it out to my Pi and violla all is st-up ..at least to get me started?

That is exactly where I am now. Have had my system Axpert + Watchpower + Frustration running now for 2 years now.

Manie, is the idea of this image an install for newbies in ICC/Pi world, to roll it out to my Pi and violla all is st-up ..at least to get me started?
That is exactly where I am now. Have had my system Axpert + Watchpower + Frustration running now for 2 years now.

Sorry not sure what you asking

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Manie your note:

I am almost done with the image for new users. They can just download , burn and everything will be installed. Also local emoncms

At this stage i am working alone. I will sort everything out and make it more easier.

Regards

Manie, Thanks for your QUICK reply.

I would like to swap to ICC and bin WatchPower. I have ordered a Rasbery Pi and it is in the post.
I am trying to figure out what are the steps to take. Almost like a guide for idiots.
I was asking and hoping that the image you refer to is an image that I can copy to the SD card on my PC, pop it into the Pi, connect all cables .

USB -> Axpert

USB -> Victron 700

and bob-is-your-uncle...al works fine exept I have to perhaps register the cloud account and change setting here and there to optimise for my batts and panels.

Or is it NOT that easy.

Is there some video OR cheat sheets or dummy guide somewhere that I was just NOT able to find yet?

Kind regards

Frits

@fritserasmus, it is that easy. You can already download the image file from the ICC site, if you need help how to copy it to the SD card just shout. It's not a straight copy with File Explorer but it's not difficult. Once you have that you pop it into your Pi and it will start up with everything installed. You will have to do some configuration (number of inverters, type, license, cloud account API's, etc.) but all the software is pre-installed and configured.

Once you have the image downloaded and you've got an SD card, just shout here and we will assist.

You just have to burn the image the stick it in the pi and bootup. The app will automatic startup. Then under setting there is machine id that supply me . I will pm you the key. We can take it from there

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

@fritserasmus, there are several tools available to create an SD card image, I link to some of them below.

https://rufus.akeo.ie/

https://etcher.io/

http://sourceforge.net/projects/win32diskimager

They all work the same way, you don't have to install the application, simply run it from your downloads folder. It will ask you to select the image file (the ICC image you downloaded, probably still in your downloads folder) and a target drive, make sure you've got the correct drive selected with the SD card. Then you click burn, or something similar.

Thanks Gents!!!! The support is AWESOME.

I will post as soon as I have all my new toys!!!!

I just spent a bit of time on the RasberryPi website and now I cannot wait.

I will be back next week I hope, depending how quick @Camel has a USB to Victron 700 cable and can send it out. That is all I still need to order and receive

Qzauto,
Are you running ICC on a windows machine or Rasberry Pi?
I want to bin WatchPower and move over to ICC. It seems like a daunting task to get ICC set-up for the first time, so I need some pointers.
Can you perhaps offer some lessons learned ?
Thanking in advance
Frits

Hi Frits, sorry for only replying now but I only received the tapatalk notification.

I also ordered a pi after first hearing about it on the old aicc website. I installed it, got it working, but it just didn't do it for me.

Manie was so kind to go ahead and develop a new ICC for windows in record time and i must tell you, it's been running for more than a week now without any issues. On a windows machine you download, extract and run, that's it. No hassles whatsoever.

Hi All.

I downloaded ICC.rar labelled "ICC PI For USB Only". It contains a single file: ICC

Is this a executable that can replace the currently running AICC?  This would mean, i simply save the aicc executalbe to another folder and than an use the ICC in its place? Correct??

I'm currently running aicc for pi (X) version 1.1.0.  AICC does not remind me to update to a newer version.

@Manie Noobie hier .

Ek het die derde icon op die download blad: ICC Pi Image FOR USB ONLY  gekliek en die imagage afgelaa..
Thilo is oppad om my te kom help, MAAR hy se die leer moet +- 3 GB wees voordat ek dit UN-RAR. Die leer wat aflaai is 2,1 Mb.
Waar kry ek die image om my Pi van voor af te brand moet OS en program?

• 3 weeks later...